Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: It's all good

Registered
    Nov 2002

It's all good

Think of this as the anti "everything sucks" thread because right now I can't help but feel that everything is going pretty freaking great.

Yesterday I recieved a call from old friends from SC who have moved to Minnesota and found out that they're coming to visit soon...Cool. Then got a suprise visit from best friend, who is currently living in Florida, who we proceeded to happily consume several bottles of good shiraz and pinot grigio with. 1:30am roles around and on a whim I end up skinny dipping in the pool (no hankey panky so get your minds out of the gutter). After a good nights sleep I wake up, with no hangover, and decide to take a mental health day from work. I then proceed to spend the day walking walking around, talking, having lunch, having good monkey loving and an all around good time with Mrs. biscuit. And to top things off I got a call from the mechanic telling me that there is absolutely nothing wrong with my car, unlike what I was told byt a previous one. Thereby saving me close to $1,000, and that's great news since with the wife is still (un)gainfully unemployed.

Right now I'm listening to The Postal Service and enjoying my life. Yeah, it's all good.

I'm not trying to be obnoxiously positive and optimistic here. I just want to remind everyone that yes, things do go wrong with our lives, and we often get frustrated with events that seem completely out of our control, but all-in-all it's pretty damn good just being here.

So go ahead and feel free to post your reasons why it doesn't all suck.
    Last edited by biscuit; 05 Aug 2004 at 12:08 AM.

Registered
    Oct 2001
    I rode yesterday. Its all good. My dog was glad to see me. Its all good. W is still the Prez...Its all good.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    I get to see my best friend in less than 72 hours. It's all good.

Cake is playing in Calgary in 7 days (with David Byrne no less), and I just may be able to go. It's all good.

And the most important thing. Despite all the damage, my family is safe and healthy. It's all good.

Registered
    Jul 2002
    Let's see... I just got back from a road trip (for work) and I got to visit a town that I've never spent any time in before. Interesting place - quite dull now but has a lot of potential. Really enjoyed cruising along with music up loud, singing along Got to ride around in a police car last night which was kinda fun.

I am starting to get more work involving CPTED consulting and have been contacted to conduct a CPTED review a proposed subdivision (hence the sig. line), which I am very excited about! Although, the development is a bit of a nightmare from a CPTED perspective! Just makes it more challenging for me

I have my flatmate's birthday drinks and dinner to go to tomorrow night, and a girl's night out dancing the next night.

The first member of the 'next generation' of my family was born on Tuesday - my cousin had a healthy baby girl

That'll do for now

Registered
    Jun 2002
    Quote Originally posted by nerudite
    I get to see my best friend in less than 72 hours. It's all good.

Cake is playing in Calgary in 7 days (with David Byrne no less), and I just may be able to go. It's all good.

And the most important thing. Despite all the damage, my family is safe and healthy. It's all good.
    Nerudite I just wanted to give you a "you da woman!". Seriously, you are very resiliant and I admire your generally optimistic outlook. You have jumped right on the planning for reconstruction after your unfortunate setback. (p.s. as a lawyer, I have to agree with others here that you should have someone look at your policy for you. There may be some grounds for appeal or a better settlement.)

Registered
    Jul 2003
    I mostly have the re-design finished for the portal to my personal website. I got awesome help on that, from a brilliant friend. Here is a rough draft: http://eclogiselle.com/samples/Aquilt2b7.html It is all good.
    (ignore the icon in the center and the lack of icons in some places)

My son went to his doctor's appointment without a jacket -- something he has always used as a "security blanket". I asked him "why" and he told me he doesn't need a "security blanket" anymore. It is unbelievably all good.

My husband, who makes me nuts, will be out of my home and out of my hair within the next few months. It's all good.

Our electric bill was $50 lower this month than it has been. It's all good.

My sister, who has cancer, was sent to Duke for some of the latest, greatest treatment available and things look much more optimistic than when she was going to Emory. It's all good.

I keep getting hit on by men from 21 to 55 year olds. When hubby leaves, I might stop (politely) saying "Oh, go to h*ll." It's all good.

I could go on but I have completely disassembled my bed and I want to drill holes in it before it is too late for that kind of work. It's all good.

Thank you Biscuit for this thread. I am a die hard optimist and I even have rose-colored glasses (for proof see the photo: http://califmichele.com/bahhumbug.html). This is very much my cup of tea and it IS All Good.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    In the last four weeks I started a great new job, learned that my graduate thesis work is being included in an urban geography textbook, qualified for a much larger mortgage than I expected, and became an AICP.

Three out of four isn't too bad.
    Anyone want to adopt a dog?

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Cyburbias Brewpub, best seat in the haus!
    It's all GOOD!

I get to switch back to being a night person!

I can play golf while others are working indoors on a beutiful day!

I get to be around my Dad and keep him company and maybe build some new creations for the pub!

I will be REALLY close to my youngest son!

Life could really be a lot worse!
    I can't deliver UTOPIA, but I can create a HELL for you to LIVE in :)DoD:(

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by Duke Of Dystopia
    It's all GOOD!

I get to switch back to being a night person!
    Bastard! I wish I could do that... it's the only thing I really dislike about planning... no swing shift!

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Cyburbias Brewpub, best seat in the haus!
    Quote Originally posted by nerudite
    Bastard! I wish I could do that... it's the only thing I really dislike about planning... no swing shift!

FOUL!

THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A HAPPY POSITIVE THREAD!
    I can't deliver UTOPIA, but I can create a HELL for you to LIVE in :)DoD:(

Registered
    Nov 2002
    Well if I have to be positive . . .

Vacation next week. Finally get to do some home repairs.

At least there are some jobs available to apply to.

AICP

The family's great

Allright, that's enough - back to negativity.

Registered
    Dec 2001
    FOUL!

/monty python
    "we can't argue about who killed who."
    /python off
    Dude, I'm cheesing so hard right now.

Registered
    Jul 2003

It's all good!

- My betrothed and I are fortunate to have lunch together often during the week
    since we work in close proximity to each other.

- The weekend's approaching...get to spend more time with my betrothed.

- I just received a raise in my annual salary and a bonus. I'm comfortable and
    pleased with my job.

- I'm more energized as a result of my exercise regiment...great for my ticker.

- Football season is knocking on the door.

A person who strives is one who thrives. It's GREAT to be THE KING!!!

Registered
    Feb 2003
    I am going to a kick @$$ rest. at a remote (semi-secret) fish camp on a remote lake with friends tonight to eat fresh fish and drink buds. :-}

that definitively doesnt suck.

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Someplace between yesterday and tomorrow.
    I have no paper on my desk that the moment!

It is an amazing day out side, and I have a large field work list!

I am picking up new furniture this weekend, next weekend is the GF's birthday, and the weekend after I have family coming to visit!

Maister is not rocking back and forth in his chair muttering things to him self at the moment!
    I finished most my 3D project!

I get and extra pay check this month (we get payed every two weeks, so twice a year we get 3 checks in one month. My bills are set up for the 1st or the 15th. Being that next month I get paid the 1st, 15th, and 29th, this month one check goes to new furniture!)

The voices in my head are happy at the moment, and they don't keep me awake at night! :5

I have been up at 5am to work-out or run for 29 consecutive days (other than weekends)!

I get to play with a power tree trimmer this weekend. (Chain saw on a stick!) :d:

I am 25, fit, healthy, not married , with a great apt, great job, in a great city, with an impressive car, wonderful GF , and W :y will be president for four more years!

Life is not just good... life is GREAT!
    Not my monkey, not my circus. - Old Polish Proverb

NIMBY asshatterer Plus Richmond Jake's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    My sons will be here two weeks from tomorrow for a visit. That's good.

I won't be driving in snow and/or ice this winter. That's good.

I shot 86's for my last 2 rounds of golf. That's good.

I like my job. That's good.
    RJ is the KING of . The One

The new job is going well, contracts are starting to come in (yea, actual billable hours)

The kids will be back in school starting Friday

I passed my AICP

I was sitting around yesterday brainstorming about business development with the local realtors and got a call today with an invitation to speak to a realtor's group next week

Because of the salary with my new job I actually have two pennies to rub together

W is still in office and Al Gore is not.

It is supposed to be a little bit cooler this weekend

A friend of mine gave me a copy of the Jason Mraz CD yesterday (too cool)

Life is good...
    A word to the wise ain't necessary. It's the stupid ones that need the advice.
    --Bill Cosby

Registered
    Aug 2001
    FOUL!

LOL! Well, I did say it was the only thing I didn't like about planning. That means that I like just about everything else...

Registered
    Jul 2004
    Almost finished with my managerial economics class (the final's tomorrow)
    Passed AICP
    Leaving in 2 weeks for 3.5 weeks in Scandinavia
    I have a working phone line again
    My knee should be ready to ski by the time there is snow on the ground

Life is good.

Registered
    Dec 2001
    I can think of a few good things:
    I will be a wife in 106 days.
    J bought me an elliptical trainer because he knew how much I wanted one.
    When Jesus said "love your enemies", he probably didn't mean kill them.

Registered
    Sep 2001
    Mr. Negativity here even has had a good experience this week.

Got to help with a Mennonite barn raising, really neat expereince, probably a once in a lifetime thing. Lifting beams, driving around on horse and buggies, being out of the office on a nice day, knowing that the work you did actually made a difference to a person's life.

I have limited pictures, but will share them when they are developed later today.
    Too lazy to beat myself up for being to lazy to beat myself up for being too lazy to... well you get the point....

Registered
    Oct 2003
    Only 155 days until I become a Dad. Only 4 days until we get our next ultrasound and find out the gender!! Life is good.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by donk
    Mr. Negativity here even has had a good experience this week.

Got to help with a Mennonite barn raising, really neat expereince, probably a once in a lifetime thing. Lifting beams, driving around on horse and buggies, being out of the office on a nice day, knowing that the work you did actually made a difference to a person's life.
    How cool! What a great project to participate in! Now want to come work on a heathen basement finishing?

Registered
    Dec 1998
    ** I received a beautiful, handwritten card from a friend from high school telling me how much she appreciated our friendship. This comes at a time when I'm at odds with another so-called friend and that card symbolized to me what a TRUE friend is.

** I received a second beautiful, handwritten card from another friend announcing that she and her husband are expecting a baby.

** I've managed to attend the spinning class at my gym every day for almost 3 consecutive weeks and I no longer feel like I'm going to have a massive coronary afterwards.

** My beloved and I have finally chosen a photographer to capture our most important day of the year.
    "A witty woman is a treasure, a witty beauty is a power!"

Registered
    Oct 2000
    In 20 minutes the end of the day is here. It's all good.

Tomorrow I get to spend the day off of work, and running errands with Rob and Baby Downtown. Its all good.

This weekend I'm going to Buffalo for a bridal shower and get to bond with my husband's "good" side of the family that I adore. Its all good.

Today I bought my brother's ticket home to NY from LA for Christmas. Its all good.

I'm truly excited for all the new little Cyburbians who are on the way, and the upcoming nuptuals of all the happily engaged Cyburbanites. Its all good!

+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. It's good to be bad at?
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 6
    Last post: 21 Mar 2013, 4:34 PM
  2. JHU good, bad?
    Student Commons
    Replies: 3
    Last post: 18 May 2009, 1:38 PM
  3. Replies: 15