Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: It's all good

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator NHPlanner's avatar
    Registered
    Apr 1996
    Planner Groupie had a second interview for a job within walking distance from home.

Baby Wes is doing great, and is still on schedule for November.

I had my job description redone, and a nice raise recently.

Our brand new GIS Manager started work this week, and we'll finally have GIS soon!

My brother's wedding last weekend in Pittsfield, MA went off without a hitch, and Planner Groupie and I rented an 04 Sebring convertable for the weekend (now she wants one!).

Planning Board meeting was finished by 8:20 last night!

Yeah, things are pretty good right now.
    "Growth is inevitable and desirable, but destruction of community character is not. The question is not whether your part of the world is going to change. The question is how." -- Edward T. McMahon, The Conservation Fund

Cyburbian Emeritus Bear Up North's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003
    There is a live Frank Zappa & The Mothers Of Invention album. At the end of one of the live songs, Frank steps to the microphone and says, "Ahhhh, it's great to be alive. It's so f#2&ing great to be alive !!! If anybody doesn't feel that it isn't f#2&ing great to be alive you better go now, this show isn't for you."

Listening to that album, which I plan to do today, fits within my "...it;s all good..."
    parameters.

Great to be alive !

PS - Football season soon. Go Steelers. Go Wolverines.

Bear

Registered
    Oct 2002
    Blog entries
    ah... going upstate to hang out on the boat...and it isn't supposed to rain!

I have decided to use the APA National convention as a great excuse to visit friends and see San Francisco...even better... round trip tix to San Fran from east coast...$185

After being a really bad doggie.... puppy has made a week outside of the kennel...with no major destruction

Today is dress down day....and I can wear jeans.

it's all good...
    "Yeehaw!" is not a foreign policy

Renovating the '62 Metzendorf
    http://metzendorf.blogspot.com/

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Today is Friday.

I am going to see the Bare Naked Ladies next week.

My girlfriend is the best!

I finally got my tax return.

Registered
    Jul 2003

Bringing back an old thread (cuz I so suck at starting new ones)

Wrote some brilliant stuff over the weekend. People liked it. Wrote some more. Now people are speachless. It's all good.

Took two SUV-loads of his stuff to his storeroom today. It's all good. It's more than just good. I can't even put into words how good it is.

The more of his crap (like musty out-of-print books) that leaves the apartment, the better I breathe. Dittos on the "I can't tell you how good it is" part, above. (I need one of those celebratory smileys from Bizarroland Cyburbia. The smileys here are just too sedate to express my present emotional state.)

Happy happy joy joy.

Registered
    Mar 2004

Wow

A positive thread......and it only took 8 months to revive it.....thanks to MZ

I got a 5% raise in the last 30 days I spent it already though (for the next 30 years )
    Skilled Adoxographer
    I have two emotions....Silence and Rage

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally posted by The One
    A positive thread......and it only took 8 months to revive it.....thanks to MZ
    Oh, someone is saying nice things about me. It's all good.

Cyburbian Emeritus Bear Up North's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003
    I'm alive and a lot of people are not. So that is good.

It's not ALL good but a lot in life sure is. See my normal bottom of the page signature line for the real deal.

Good job and congrats to MZ . Life is getting better for you!

Bear
    Occupy Cyburbia!

Registered
    Oct 2003
    It wasn't until I came across this thread that I realized that I had a decent day!

- my feet didn't hurt all day long!
    - I got a tutoring job! And it's only 1hr/week.
    - it was sunny out all day.
    - plus, I got to student teach a geography clas for the grade 7s and the grade 8s.

Yeah, it's all good!

Plus, I just learned that Coldplay is coming out with a new CD this summer. Ooh, I can't wait!

Registered
    Feb 2000
    A new City Commissioner was sworn in today and she is the mother of a close friend of Queen B's, which could be a very delicate situation. Queen B could leak information about my activities that will tarnish my image with the new Commissioners. Queen B has already divulged the identity of BA, which has filtered to the Commish. Anyway, I'm glad she is a new Commish.

The widower neighbor and I reached a neighborly agreement on the mowing of my two vacant lots next door. He has a rider mower so he'll do it. Of course I shoveled his sidewalk and stoop 3 times this winter.

I can't go anywhere without seeing someone I can address either by a nickname or by their first name. I can't walk a block without having someone wave at me.

Even though BA hasn't called in nearly 72 hours (because we are "moving too fast"), I am enjoying a quite evening in the community I want to be in. The smell of a thunderstorm is in the air. Time to sit on the couch on my front porch --- drink a brew --- and watch the clouds roll in. I love spring and thunderstorms.

It's all good.
    "And all this terrible change had come about because he had ceased to believe himself and had taken to believing others. " - Leo Tolstoy

Registered
    Feb 2003
    All the "right" people made it in the local elections last Tuesday at Mr. GIS's place of employment and my former.

I started my new job today. A real office! It's all good.
    “I am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward.” - Thomas Edison

Registered
    Feb 2000

Aniversary

On Friday, April 15, 2005, I will have been divorced 1 years.
    "And all this terrible change had come about because he had ceased to believe himself and had taken to believing others. " - Leo Tolstoy

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally posted by Bear Up North
    Good job and congrats to MZ . Life is getting better for you!

Bear
    Yesss!!!

And SUV-load #3 went this evening.

(So does that sufficiently replace an animated smiley?)

It's ALL good.

Registered
    Dec 2003
    The flood eroded a ~200' long gap in the island in the middle of the river, so this summer I should have less obstruction of the breezes coming off of it. We also now have a framed view of the colonial-style mansion on the other side of the river in PA. Something tells me the owner of that place isn't so happy about his new view of my 'hood, which is something that I can take a shadenfreude-like pleasure in. I'm also happy that the flood didn't make it to my 1st floor. The builders back in 1918 had the foresight to build it with a high foundation. A lot of the younger houses, from the 40-50's, were built lower. Did they develop a more cavalier attitude to nature as the 20th century wore on, or were they just trying to save money?
    Adrift in a sea of beige

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    My controversial PUD passed last night with minimal opposition.

I had a great bike ride into work on new tires, as well as a late start so I wasn't riding with morning traffic.

My house is going up pretty fast and I get closer and closer to moving in.

My relationship with my girlfriend is stronger than ever.

I am actually getting a tax return this year, and I am debating on whether I should get a road bike or spend it on the house.

I plan on seeing some friends from college on friday and another friend may come up from Denver.

It is getting warmer here and I cannot wait to do my landscaping at the new house.
    You get all squeezed up inside/Like the days were carved in stone/You get all wired up inside/And it's bad to be alone

You can go out, you can take a ride/And when you get out on your own/You get all smoothed out inside/And it's good to be alone
    -Peart

moderator in moderation Suburb Repairman's avatar
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    I fixed the computer system in the Council chambers over the weekend and now look like a genius... it's all good!

Someone bought the cookware set the future Mrs. & I registered for, so it looks like we'll be able to eat... it's all good!

I'm taking Wednesday off... it's all good even though part of it will be spent at the car dealership getting a recall taken care of.

I'm leaving early on Friday to attend an awards ceremony for the future Mrs. over at the university, which includes her parents taking us out to eat... it's all good!

I'm getting mad props from the Council and Administration for my redesign of the City Hall landscape to a xeriscape, saving them money on hiring a landscape company that probably would have screwed-up anyway... it's all good! The Code Enforcement Officer, Finance Director, City Manager & myself installed it last weekend.

"Oh, that is all well and good, but, voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country."

- Herman Göring at the Nuremburg trials (thoughts on democracy)

Registered
    Dec 1998

Interesting thread to revive.....

Big Easy King (BEK) and I celebrated our 4-month wedding anniversary yesterday.

BEK is no longer employed with those scum-suckers he so glowingly praised in his post.

Even though I'm not particularly thrilled with my employer, I appreciate them giving me the opportunity to broaden my horizons with a wide range of projects that are not necessarily planning-related.
    "A witty woman is a treasure, a witty beauty is a power!"

Registered
    Jun 2002
    It is all Really Really Really Good!!

New job is interesting and going well. I find the work interesting and like the folks I am working with. I seem to be getting good feedback so far and I am learning alot.

My husband is Awesome!!

We had an offer accepted on a condominium and close at the end of April. Our first venture into home ownership.

Beautiful spring weather in DC and lots of pretty blossoms on the trees.

Registered
    Sep 2001
    New job, apartment in a neighbourhood I like, in a city I want to live in, weather has finally turned for riding.

Things are looking up.
    Too lazy to beat myself up for being to lazy to beat myself up for being too lazy to... well you get the point....

Registered
    Aug 2001
    My youngest son just called from Idaho to report he pitched a complete game 2-hitter and got the win against an undefeated team in his league. Sometimes it’s pretty damn good…..
    Annoyingly insensitive

Registered
    Mar 2003
    I have a buyer flying in from Atlanta to buy a house this weekend.
    It is all good!!!!!
    It is all a matter of perspective!!!

maudit anglais
    Registered
    May 1997
    Quote Originally posted by donk
    New job, apartment in a neighbourhood I like, in a city I want to live in, weather has finally turned for riding.

Things are looking up.
    Now we just need to get you laid and you can die a happy man

After having a mostly miserable week or two, I am suddenly in a positive mood. I can't explain it, but I'm not complaining.

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    Despite my bike fritzing out on the ride home yesterday and the fact I had to drive into work today, things are going better.
    -I get to see a good friend tonight and consume some "beverages"
    -Tomorrow my girlfriend mentioned that I should go to the bike shop to "have my bike looked at" (which may mean an alterior motive for only me...)
    -I get to go Fly Fishing with my Pop on Sunday on some private water west of town.
    You get all squeezed up inside/Like the days were carved in stone/You get all wired up inside/And it's bad to be alone

You can go out, you can take a ride/And when you get out on your own/You get all smoothed out inside/And it's good to be alone
    -Peart

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Blog entries
    When I come home from work, my son is still excited to see me and runs to give me a hug. It is all good.

It is almost spring. It is all good.

My wife continues to put up with me. It is all good.

I live in Helena, Montana. It is all good.
    "I am very good at reading women, but I get into trouble for using the Braille method."

~ Otterpop ~

     
    Registered
    Jun 2004
    Its Friday,
    its 70 degrees and sunny out,
    I am going out with friends (and possible boy ) this evening...
    Dr. called gave me an update on my sore shoulder, apparently I have a neck sprain, so it is something fixable, it is already starting to feel better...
    and only 3 more hours of work!!
    It's all good, make that GREAT!!!!

+ Reply to thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. It's good to be bad at?
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 6
    Last post: 21 Mar 2013, 4:34 PM
  2. JHU good, bad?
    Student Commons
    Replies: 3