Jun 2002

Peeves?

What happened to Planning Peeves?

Registered
    Mar 2002
    Moved to Friday Afternoon Club

Registered
    Aug 2001
    I'm in FAC but don't see PP. Where is it? Anyone know?

Registered
    Mar 2002
    I think that everything was deleted and it was to start anew in FAC. At least that is what I had thought I had read.

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    Threads in the Planning Peeves has been relocated to the Friday Afternoon Club. They will be be re-educated.

See http://www.cyburbia.org/forums/showt...&threadid=1296 . My message to the mods:

I got rid of the beloved Planning Peeves board. Planning Peeves came into existence several years ago, before Cyburbia had a general, all-purpose doesn't-have-to-be-serious-or-even-planning-related discussion area like the relatively new Friday Afternoon Club.

All of the messages in PP fit well with the character and intent of FAC, so it doesn't seem to make sense keeping both boards.
    The Web's busiest bulletin boards usually don't have more than 10 subtopic areas, or 15 at the most. It's also easier for users to keep track of fewer forums.

One advantage of a bullwtin board like this one is that you don't really have to trim messages; they eventually "scroll away," and are archived a few pages in. Old messages probably won't ever be deleted, although I may eventually cull old requests for information that went unreplied.
    Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 267
    Last post: 11 Sep 2014, 8:57 AM
  2. Mods Pet Peeves
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 28
    Last post: 16 Apr 2007, 4:32 PM
  3. Replies: 36
    Last post: 24 Oct 2002, 12:15 PM
  4. Planning Peeves
    Cyburbia Issues and Help