5 33.33%
  • He ain't just a redneck, he's my daddy and my uncle

1 6.67%
+ Reply to thread

Thread: Pity post

Registered
    Aug 2001

Pity post

OK, Transplanner wanted a posting to avoid the Cyburbia Ax, so here goes. DISCUSS:

Registered
    Oct 2001

If you are going to be one - Be a big Red One!

Sure it's tacky, but I'd rather cavort with that redneck fellow than let's say Alan Dershwitz or Hillary

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator NHPlanner's avatar
    Registered
    Apr 1996
    The vehicle owner's uncle has his own unique cost saving contraption...

"Growth is inevitable and desirable, but destruction of community character is not. The question is not whether your part of the world is going to change. The question is how." -- Edward T. McMahon, The Conservation Fund

maudit anglais
    Registered
    May 1997
    Sniff...gee, thanks guys!

But wouldn't anyone rather discuss the potential breakdown of passenger rail in the USA? Or the pros and cons of LRT vs. BRT? What about ways to introduce sustainable transportation into urban areas?

Is it any wonder I'm here on my own?

It has a touch of redneck, but it is missing the three key elements of a redneck vehicle:

1. The Confederate Flag
    2. The NRA sticker.
    3. The gun rack

This looks like the owner is just a patriotic Metallica fan.
    "I'm a white male, age 18 to 49. Everyone listens to me, no matter how dumb my suggestions are."

- Homer Simpson

Registered
    Sep 2001
    Two more missing elements:

1) a few dirty kids sitting in the back
    2) a dirty hound dog in the back.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Dang you're right - no NASCAR sticker either.

Registered
    Mar 2002
    Hey I have a couple dirty hounds in the back of my Saturn, what does that make me? of course my bumper sticker says "doing my best to piss off the religious right"

*never mind my SS # says Im from Alabama*

PS anyone got a animated Avatar for me? I dont have a clue how to make one
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin

Remember this motto to live by: "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO- HOO what a ride!'"

maudit anglais
    Registered
    May 1997
    PlannerGirl wrote:
    PS anyone got a animated Avatar for me? I dont have a clue how to make one
    I think Dan made one just for you - it's in the About Cyburbia section.

Here is a nice animated avatar site

http://kickass.at/avatars/
    "I'm a white male, age 18 to 49. Everyone listens to me, no matter how dumb my suggestions are."

- Homer Simpson

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    Definitely blue-collar (note the large American flag display, evidence of the "display patriotism" that's common among the working class) but there's no Confederate flag, the truck is too clean, and the lettering on the window tint front window reads "METALLICA" instead of the truck's name. (Rednecks name their trucks much as others name their boats.) Besides, there were none of these on the truck.

Verdict - not a redneck.

BTW, I don't mean to offend with the display of the Confederate battle flag in the above post. Please note the context in which these references images were used.
    Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    El Guapo wrote:
    Sure it's tacky, but I'd rather cavort with that redneck fellow than let's say Alan Dershwitz or Hillary
    [hijack]

Somewhere in America, people are probably having these thoughts ...

"Nasty cold I've got ... probably Clinton's fault."

"Ran out of gas. There's probably be a gas station here if it weren't for that damn environmentalist Algore. Damn liberals."

"The control key should be where God and IBM meant for it to be, left of the A key. It probably got moved because God wanted it there, and the damn liberals don't want anything to do with Him."

"Microsoft Word crashed again. Probably that Janet Reno's fault ... Waco! Waco!"

"If it wasn't for Chelsea Clinton, gas would still be 90 cents a gallon! Damn liberals!"

"Dan's got two Portuguese Water Dogs. You know, Ted Kennedy and Donna Shalala each have those dogs, too. Can't stand them ... damn liberal fleabag hounds."

Registered
    Oct 2001
    Dan,
    Those liberal mind-reading quotes of yours are faker than a Chappaquiddick Neck Collar.

If you want to know what conservatives are thinking ask one. I don't believe the idiots like Michael Moore or Tom Hayden sum up all liberal thought and it is misleading of you to present the illiterate and well armed as representative of all conservative thought. And seeing as you brought it up, sometime I'd love to talk to you about why the Waco and Ruby Ridge incidents should be of concern to liberals as well as conservatives alike.

All I was trying to say in my post was that I would prefer the company of those patriotic "commoners" to that of the kind of person who feels that the truck owner in question is a threat to their urbane enlightenment and thus a source for sport and jest. From hearing those two aforementioned people speak over the years I'd still rather ride with Bubba.

I don't feel bad for unconditionally loving this country of mine and its Bubbas.

Mary Jo could have used the assistance of some kind of water dwelling dog, perhaps?

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    The Equal Time Post

One of Kennedy's Porties is named "Splash." Really.

Registered
    Oct 2001

Don't ever enter a craft piloted by a Kennedy!

The other water doggy's full AKC name is "Mary Jo's; I thought I'd screw this fat bastard Senator on the beach - but all I got was this lousy autopsy instead."

Teddy just calls the dog Bob for short.

That's both a vowel and a noun.

jtfortin wrote:
    It has a touch of redneck, but it is missing the three key elements of a redneck vehicle:

1. The Confederate Flag
    2. The NRA sticker.
    3. The gun rack

This looks like the owner is just a patriotic Metallica fan.
    Don't Forget

4. Bumper sticker that says "Grass, gas, or a**. Nobody rides for free"

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Tranplanner wrote:
    Sniff...gee, thanks guys!

But wouldn't anyone rather discuss the potential breakdown of passenger rail in the USA? Or the pros and cons of LRT vs. BRT? What about ways to introduce sustainable transportation into urban areas?

Is it any wonder I'm here on my own?
    What about ways to get the rural spuds onto minibuses for short jaunts and expresses into the bigger shtties.I mean cities. There are empty buses going down the road. I ask you WHY?

Jen after a dazzling fireworks display and watching a drunk sink his kayak, hic...

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Why can't I post?
    Cyburbia Issues and Help
    Replies: 1
    Last post: 05 Mar 2007, 1:05 AM
  2. Cannot post
    Cyburbia Issues and Help
    Replies: 3
    Last post: 12 Jul 2005, 11:39 AM
  3. Post your pet
    Friday Afternoon Club