+ Reply to thread

Thread: Happy Friday the 13th!

Registered
    Aug 2001

Happy Friday the 13th!

Happy Friday the 13th!

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Someplace between yesterday and tomorrow.
    Don't remind me... I have a meeting in Ann Arbor this afternoon. Then I am going to by GF's parents house, and it sounds like I will get there before she does.

:-/
    Invest in the things today, that provide the returns tomorrow.

Registered
    Aug 2004
    I've got a meeting with a whiny developer this afternoon. Want to trade?

Anyone have special Friday plans to celebrate the 13th? Hubby and I are attending a party tonight - scary/unlucky costume theme. I just want hope there's beer . . .
    "We do not need any other Tutankhamun's tomb with all its treasures. We need context. We need understanding. We need knowledge of historical events to tie them together. We don't know much. Of course we know a lot, but it is context that's missing, not treasures." - Werner Herzog, in Archaeology, March/April 2011

Registered
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally posted by Salmissra
    Anyone have special Friday plans to celebrate the 13th?
    I celebrated by donating blood this morning. Of course, they first arm wasn't cooperative, so they had to try the second arm.

Now I'm walking around the office with bandages on both arms telling people I gave two pints!
    All these years the people said he’s actin’ like a kid.
    He did not know he could not fly, so he did.
    - - Guy Clark, "The Cape"

Registered
    Aug 2001
    It's quiet around here for me. I have a few site plan reviews to get started on and to make a map for a sub area plan. Can't complain. All my meetings with clients this week are out of the way. It's been a hectic week for me and I be happy for the quiet day.

I'm a little tired though. I saw Alanis Morisette and Bare Naked Ladies last night. A good concert, but I like to rock out. I have always enjoyed BNL, but they were too happy and luvvy-dovey last night. So many slow ballady songs. Their 1998 smash-hit-turned-into-car-commercial "One Week" got the "unplugged" treatment. That was okay, but just didn't rock or get funky fun. C'est la vie.

Tonight, the girlfriend and I are going to buy a DVD player. We went to Best Buy wednesday night to price out players. We saw some good ones between $65 and $110. I didn't know they were so cheap! That's definitely in our price range. We're going to Circuit City and Sears after dinner to comparison shop. I expect to be buying one tonight, then going to Blockbuster to rent some Sopranos season #4 DVDs, and then installing the thing. I think my girlfriend will be making me some froo-froo martinis while I connect the player to the TV. Doesn't my Friday night sound exciting?!! I am so domesticated!

Registered
    Nov 2002
    It's a cold (in August!) and rainy Friday the 13th here. Going with the wife and another couple for a free meal and drinks at the Cheesecake Factory after work. They're opening next week and being on the inside I got in on their test run. After that...who knows?

Registered
    Oct 2001
    Quote Originally posted by SGB
    I celebrated by donating blood this morning. Of course, they first arm wasn't cooperative, so they had to try the second arm.

Now I'm walking around the office with bandages on both arms telling people I gave two pints!
    I admire you. I am a total, irrational needle-phobe.

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    It would have been better if it was a payday before either 3 day weekend or a week off for vacation.

At least it's not a full moon for the sake of the police, fire, & ems.
    Oddball
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?
    Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
    Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
    From Kelly's Heroes (1970)

Are you sure you're not hurt ?
    No. Just some parts wake up faster than others.
    Broke parts take a little longer, though.
    From Electric Horseman (1979)

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jan 2003
    To anybody's amazement... around here the bad luck day is actually Tuesday 13th.. Heck they even changed the date of the friday 13th move to Tuesday 13th!

Go figure...

Registered
    Dec 2001
    I'm so excited about tonight. We're going to be able to see a meteor shower from our house (with the luck of few clouds). Mr. Hab has his first hockey game of this season and I'm going to finish painting the guest bathroom. I'm also wearing new sandals and I've gotten 5 compliments on them, nothing bad about today.
    When Jesus said "love your enemies", he probably didn't mean kill them.

Registered
    Nov 2002
    MSNBC article: Good God(s)! It's Friday the 13th!

In the face of all that, what’s a phobic to do?

One tradition says you should go to a high place, such as a mountaintop, and burn any socks that have holes in them. Or you can ...

Editor’s note: Before he contracted peritonitis from a splinter while knocking on wood, Alex Johnson was a reporter for MSNBC.com. This was all he filed.
    All these years the people said he’s actin’ like a kid.
    He did not know he could not fly, so he did.
    - - Guy Clark, "The Cape"

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by Wanigas?
    It's quiet around here for me. I have a few site plan reviews to get started on and to make a map for a sub area plan. Can't complain. All my meetings with clients this week are out of the way. It's been a hectic week for me and I be happy for the quiet day.

I'm a little tired though. I saw Alanis Morisette and Bare Naked Ladies last night. A good concert, but I like to rock out. I have always enjoyed BNL, but they were too happy and luvvy-dovey last night. So many slow ballady songs. Their 1998 smash-hit-turned-into-car-commercial "One Week" got the "unplugged" treatment. That was okay, but just didn't rock or get funky fun. C'est la vie.

Tonight, the girlfriend and I are going to buy a DVD player. We went to Best Buy wednesday night to price out players. We saw some good ones between $65 and $110. I didn't know they were so cheap! That's definitely in our price range. We're going to Circuit City and Sears after dinner to comparison shop. I expect to be buying one tonight, then going to Blockbuster to rent some Sopranos season #4 DVDs, and then installing the thing. I think my girlfriend will be making me some froo-froo martinis while I connect the player to the TV. Doesn't my Friday night sound exciting?!! I am so domesticated!
    How was Alanis? a hair flipper ? good voice?, are you making plans for to go to any VoteforChange concert October 3 in Michigan?, Bruce in Ann Arbor, Dave matthews in Detroit, BOnnieRatt Jackson Borwne in Grand Rapids, also Pearl Jam in GR, A good plan would be to catch Bruce in TOledo Sat night , Dave matthews in Detorit on Sunday!

My Friday the 13th, In an hour we'll have a little Honda scooter in the driveway, wet roads and eager kids with a potentially inebriated father giving rides, scary...

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 12
    Last post: 19 Sep 2012, 6:01 PM
  2. Replies: 9
    Last post: 13 Apr 2007, 5:24 PM
  3. Happy Friday from Portland!
    Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 13
    Last post: 06 Apr 2006, 1:14 PM
  4. Happy Friday the 13th
    Friday Afternoon Club