Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: How would you like to the Planner on this Case?

Registered
    Sep 2001

How would you like to the Planner on this Case?

Heard this story this morning as I was getting ready for work.

How would you like to be the planner having to deal with an amendment to the zoning by-law for a medical marijuana grow op?

The best quote from the article

"It's not about whether we can allow this kind of an operation to proceed," he said, "it's an issue of, 'Are we going to change the zoning to allow for agricultural use?'"
    Too lazy to beat myself up for being to lazy to beat myself up for being too lazy to... well you get the point....

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Blog entries
    Hey now, I think I finally found my niche in planning. I could travel the country advising governments on pot zoning. Probably blow all my money on researching the local product, microbrews, Oreos, and Snackwells.
    "I am very good at reading women, but I get into trouble for using the Braille method."

~ Otterpop ~

Registered
    Feb 2004
    When considering zoning regs for pot growing facilities make sure you don't allow them to have more than 15% of any wall surface covered with black light posters..... Lava lamps should not exceed 60 watts..... Munchie delivery trucks should have appropriate loading zones.....Hendrix on loudspeakers should not exceed 55 Db(a) at property lines.....allowances for directional signs are pointless - no one really knows where they are in the universe anyways..
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Oct 2001
    Quote Originally posted by Maister
    When considering zoning regs for pot growing facilities make sure you don't allow them to have more than 15% of any wall surface covered with black light posters..... Lava lamps should not exceed 60 watts..... Munchie delivery trucks should have appropriate loading zones.....Hendrix on loudspeakers should not exceed 55 Db(a) at property lines.....allowances for directional signs are pointless - no one really knows where they are in the universe anyways..

Hands down the funniest thing I've read in a long time. Thus, I award ye Maister the...

Good Job

Registered
    Jun 2003
    Talk about "Highest and Best Use" for a down zoning.
    Oddball
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?
    Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
    Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
    From Kelly's Heroes (1970)

Are you sure you're not hurt ?
    No. Just some parts wake up faster than others.
    Broke parts take a little longer, though.
    From Electric Horseman (1979)

Registered
    Aug 1997
    Dad joke of the week:

[dadjoke]I've heard of spot zoning, but never pot zoning.[/dadjoke]
    JOE ILIFF

"Rarely do we find men who willingly engage in hard, solid thinking. There is an almost universal quest for easy answers and half-baked solutions. Nothing pains some people more than having to think."
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Registered
    Sep 2001
    The funny/odd thing here is that these people may be able to appeal to the OMB, and win, as they were refused not for planning reasons, but other laws related to the operation of the business.

What the council should have done is place the property in a "Holding" zone until all licenses were in place. I can't wait to read the appeal for this one should be funny.
    Too lazy to beat myself up for being to lazy to beat myself up for being too lazy to... well you get the point....

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Having a Plan B just in case
    Career Development and Advice
    Replies: 13
    Last post: 09 Oct 2013, 12:04 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last post: 08 Jul 2013, 11:55 AM
  3. Ever have a case of Schadenfreude ?
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 17
    Last post: 14 Jun 2007, 3:40 PM