Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Fri 5th ZZZzzzzzz

Registered
    Mar 2002

Fri 5th ZZZzzzzzz

Ok guys, help me stay awake here. There are all of 4 folks in our dept here. 2 in the zoning div and 2 in the planning divi *where I sit playing dance tunes*.

This is gonna be a long hellish day...

:crap
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin

Remember this motto to live by: "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO- HOO what a ride!'"

Registered
    Jun 2002
    Four in the office over here as well. Though we had bagels this morning, which was a nice little bonus.

what cd is in now?

Registered
    Mar 2002
    Dirty vegas *lol sounds fitting eh?*

Gonna put some Robert Miles in next. Maybe I should have worn the Pink PVC but then again the fact I wore sandles today is upsetting enough to the poges here.

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin

Remember this motto to live by: "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO- HOO what a ride!'"

Registered
    Aug 2001
    LOL I'm the only one here today! Got Moby's "18" in the CD player, and have Amber's greatest remixes on deck. Not a soul in sight. **zzzzzzzzzz**

Registered
    Mar 2002
    Umm might have to check Moby out, anything but the drum of the AC here. Not that its helping a whole lot right now.

Hey the heat index was 110 down on the mall yesterday! No terrorist but lots of overheated old folks.

*wiggles and dances in her desk chair*

Registered
    Mar 2002
    HOT and boring here as well.

My plan was to clean my office and file (or throw out) the stacks of CRAP I have on the desk........however even that sounds too draining. Only 6 hours to go

Registered
    Mar 2002
    Boredom reaching critical mass here in Boston...out of an agency with 250+ employees, I doubt there are 20 people here today. My division of 20 is down to 4. Spent the morning with coworkers lamenting the fact that at public celebrations in Boston, they refuse to allow beer to be sold. Today, in absence of other work, we've formed a 501(c)3 corporation called Commonwealth Public Beer Advocates. I think I'm Executive Director, but we didn't draw straws yet so it maye be up in the air.

Help me with a motto! To get the ball rolling here's my first crack at it:

"If beer is outlawed, only outlaws will have beer..."

I thought it would be dead today, but it seems like every yahoo in the City has off, so they are coming in here or calling with their dumb questions and copmplaints. The secretary is off, so I have to deal with them.

As for the beer group mottos:

"Ask Not What beer can do for you, but what you would do for beer"

"Beer...the cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems"
    "I'm a white male, age 18 to 49. Everyone listens to me, no matter how dumb my suggestions are."

- Homer Simpson

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Beer : It's not just for breakfast anymore

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    I wish. For some reason, around here "hanging days" (days cut off from the rest of the week by an intervening holiday) are extremely busy. Same thing at the end of December; where the office would be dead in any other place, I find myself stressing out from picking up a ringing phone every ten minutes and dealing with walk-ins at about the same frequency. A few minutes ago, I was juggling three phone calls at the same time, and an unscheduled office visitor, all with complex requests that take quite a while to answer.
    Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

Registered
    Dec 2001
    Beer: Helping ugly people have sex since 1823.

Registered
    Mar 2002
    Lol I dont drink beer, does that mean I dont get sex with the new Mr Wonderful * tongue in cheek here*

Not that I think beer is bad or anything-just tastes like cow piss...

*covers her head and waits for flying objects*

Registered
    Sep 2001
    * tongue in cheek here*
    It depends on who's cheek your tongue is in and how good you look to him before he started drinking.

Registered
    Mar 2002
    Lol

There was no drinking, and he liked how i looked in latex

*trying her best to wake things up*

Registered
    Jun 2002
    Planners in latex....

interesting food for thought for the weekend? it's the end of the day over here for me. Happy weekending!

Registered
    Aug 2001

decisions, decisions...

Work may be slow, but as soon as I'm outta here I'm at Summerfest - the world's largest outdoor music festival (even bigger than Oktoberfest in the fatherland!)

Even the side stages are hot tonight - Mellencamp is on the main stage - but the side stages have Blondie, Los Lobos, Ted Nugent, and Lit.

Grab a beer, dance on a picnic table, ah the good life....

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator NHPlanner's avatar
    Registered
    Apr 1996

quiet day...quiet weekend

I'm spending the weekend at home for the first time in about 2 months (between the wedding, wedding prep, honeymoon, birthdays, etc.). I was gonna go do something with my wife...but she's heading to Maine to have a dress altered for yet another wedding that I'm going to next weekend. That'll be wedding #6 (including mine) in the past year, with 2 more to go in September!
    "Growth is inevitable and desirable, but destruction of community character is not. The question is not whether your part of the world is going to change. The question is how." -- Edward T. McMahon, The Conservation Fund

Registered
    Sep 2001

Hey PlannerGirl

Crystal Method in the play-yah.......how's that Dirty Vegas??? I've only heard the track on the Mitsubishi ad. is it pretty consistent??

Crikey these dang hanging holidays sook.
    I wonder if birds know it's Tuesday?

Registered
    Mar 2002
    The CD is good, some of it is kinda slow, there are a couple other tracts as good as the "days go by" one

check it out.

D

+ Reply to thread