Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: skipped cds

Registered
    Jan 2005

skipped cds

What percentage of your cds skip? I'd say at least 20% of my cds skip at some point or another. Man it is frustrating .

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally posted by hilldweller
    What percentage of your cds skip? I'd say at least 20% of my cds skip at some point or another. Man it is frustrating .
    0% until my kids started listening to them. They just don't understand how to take care of them. I no longer let them use them. If they want to hear one, I burn them a copy.

I'm so ready to move on from cd's.

Registered
    Jan 2005
    None - I'm very careful with them. And even if they did start skipping, I'd just download the album and burn a copy (after all, you buy a license to the CD, not just the CD itself - if it stops working, you still have the license).

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator NHPlanner's avatar
    Registered
    Apr 1996
    I don't listen to CD's much anymore....I've ripped most of them to my mp3 player.
    "Growth is inevitable and desirable, but destruction of community character is not. The question is not whether your part of the world is going to change. The question is how." -- Edward T. McMahon, The Conservation Fund

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jul 2003
    Same as NHP --got an iPod, problem solved. 'Course the occasional cd that I try to load onto it will skip....but there's always iTunes for that problem.
    I don't dream. I plan.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Sep 2004
    Between college parties and moving 15 times in the past 9 years I'm suprised if I find that half my cd's play without skipping. CD's are on their way out, within 5 years all music will be bought and downloaded over the net, or satelites.

Registered
    May 2003

Not A Big Deal

Rarely, if ever. Particulary since I upraded the home player to an NAD - it'as a real workhorse - steady as a rock.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Have we skipped a holiday ?
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 5
    Last post: 09 Nov 2011, 1:35 PM