Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Hubby gone for the weekend

Registered
    Aug 2004

Hubby gone for the weekend

I'm facing the first weekend away from the new hubby. While I'm at home with the dog and an empty house, he's in Tucson, working on a new site (hotels). In reality, he's playing golf and dining with the higher-ups, but he still calls it working.
    Anyone know of some good movies? I think a large tub of popcorn and a good flick will relieve my loneliness . . . or at least I can hope!
    Last edited by Salmissra; 27 Aug 2004 at 5:58 PM.
    "We do not need any other Tutankhamun's tomb with all its treasures. We need context. We need understanding. We need knowledge of historical events to tie them together. We don't know much. Of course we know a lot, but it is context that's missing, not treasures." - Werner Herzog, in Archaeology, March/April 2011

Registered
    Feb 2000
    Wow, how newlywed are you? Better get used to it. Here's a belated congratulations. CHEERS !!!!!

Alien Versus Predator is out. I found this movie to have many parallels to my 11+ years of marital bliss.

Registered
    Feb 2004
    You didn't specify the genre of movie you're intersted in, but a good 'chick flick' is "Nottinghill" (with Hugh Grant and Julia Roberts).....so I'm told.
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Nov 2003
    MS, Not Margaritaville, though we are building one
    “My Life” is a good one, sad. I would also recommend “Monty Python: Quest for the Holy Grail”, it's planning related .
    “Ahh! Beer. So many choices. And it makes so little difference."
    - Bender

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by Maister
    You didn't specify the genre of movie you're intersted in, but a good 'chick flick' is "Nottinghill" (with Hugh Grant and Julia Roberts).....so I'm told.
    Yucky!

Good chick flicks are really Possesion, Girl with a Pearl Earring, Out of Africa, etc. Hugh Grant movies don't usually classify as 'good' in my book.

Narrow down what kind of movie you like, and I'm sure you'll get more tips.

Registered
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally posted by Budgie
    Wow, how newlywed are you? Better get used to it. Here's a belated congratulations. CHEERS !!!!!

Alien Versus Predator is out. I found this movie to have many parallels to my 11+ years of marital bliss.

AVP as a parallel to married life ?? Wow - I've got a lot to look forward to!

I'm really looking for a movie currently showing in a theater (new or dollar). I've seen the others mentioned in the other responses - good ol' Netflix keeps 'em coming. Movies are a splurge for us, so I'm waaayy behind in movie watching.
    "We do not need any other Tutankhamun's tomb with all its treasures. We need context. We need understanding. We need knowledge of historical events to tie them together. We don't know much. Of course we know a lot, but it is context that's missing, not treasures." - Werner Herzog, in Archaeology, March/April 2011

Registered
    May 2002
    Don't know if horror is something you like, but I just watched "Exorcist: The Beginning". I loved it, in a Satanicly possessed gore kind of way!

Registered
    Mar 2004

Here's a great one....

Quote Originally posted by Dragon
    “My Life” is a good one, sad. I would also recommend “Monty Python: Quest for the Holy Grail”, it's planning related .
    If you want a movie that makes you laugh about Bureaucrat's and Bureaucracy, check out BRAZIL. :-P
    Skilled Adoxographer

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally posted by Salmissra
    AVP as a parallel to married life ?? Wow - I've got a lot to look forward to!
    He is recently divorced. Take it with a grain of salt.

And learning to occupy yourself when the hubby is gone is one of the secrets of a successful marriage. I wish I had learned it sooner rather than later. sigh.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by Salmissra
    I'm really looking for a movie currently showing in a theater (new or dollar).
    Unfortunately, I have had no time to go to a movie this summer. I think the only one we've been to is Shrek 2 (with the kids). It was pretty decent, for its genre.

We just got two free tickets to the local cinema, so I need some movie suggestions as well. I was looking forward to Anchorman, but it's been in the theatres so long that I might as well wait for it to come on video.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Of course, you could always buy a Hummer....
    Anyone want to adopt a dog?

Registered
    Feb 2000
    [QUOTE=Michele Zone]Take it with a grain of salt. [QUOTE]

MODS jump in now, before I go too far. I apologize to Salmissra now before I go too far. Darling, I'm sorry for wreaking havoc on your thread.

Hey MZ, take this with a grain of salt, =======>

NIMBY asshatterer Plus Richmond Jake's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by Cardinal
    Of course, you could always buy a Hummer....
    Must...resist....the....urge....to...respond...This could go so wrong.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. PLANNING IS MY HUBBY
    Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 7
    Last post: 06 Jul 2010, 11:41 AM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last post: 11 Jul 2004, 11:50 PM
  3. Replies: 9
    Last post: 09 Jul 2004, 11:26 AM
  4. Four day weekend anyone?
    Friday Afternoon Club