Urban planning community | #theplannerlife

+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Places you have been kicked out from

Registered
    Feb 2003

Places you have been kicked out from

Yesterday, my 14 month old child experienced his first expulsion from daycare from biting. He is in a new daycare, only 7 days in and has bitten someone 5 of the 7 days there. I had already planned on moving him to another center on day 3 because while I was picking up Mac, I saw other babies knocking down other babies and the teachers were not doing anything to prevent this from happening - among a few other worrisome things. (BTW, we are calling him Fang right now.)

So, it made me wonder how many places I have been expelled from - only twice. Once because I could not stop laughing in class. The second time I was at a dog club meeting at a Steak and Ale and the members were arguing about something and would not quiet down after repeated warnings from management about disturbing the other guests. Finally, they just kicked us out. So my fellow Cyburbinites, what places have kicked you out?

Registered
    Jul 2002

boot

I (we) got kicked out of the bar at Seven Springs resort east of Pittsburgh. It was the perfect ending for a weekend bachelor's party. It is very lurid tale that included going down the rapids at Ohiopyle when we were probably too drunk to walk straight. All survived. The subsequent marrage lasted about 5 years.
    Last edited by Tom R; 01 Sep 2004 at 11:42 AM. Reason: typo
    WALSTIB

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    I got kicked out of an English class during my sophomore year of high school (10th grade, for the Canadiens out there), for having an allergy attack in class. The very prim-and-proper teacher's exact words were "I find your behavior to be rude and inconsiderate. Kindly step out into the hall." Behavior? Sure, now my sneezing will bother everybody in the entire wing. Farking Mr. Saunders.
    Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

Registered
    Sep 1999
    I got kicked out of a county employee meeting in a former job. I was questioning a bunch of stupid new HR policies and the HR director didn't like me pointing out all the inconsistencies.

Registered
    Jul 2002
    I got kicked out of a college football game for throwing marshmallows onto the field. Actually I was trying to throw them at someone down below but missed and it landed on the field.

I got kicked out of a bar for being to drunk, they called me a cab and sent me home.

Registered
    Feb 2002
    I have never gotten kicked out of anything. Never had a detention, suspension, expulsion. I'm such a good girl

Trail Nazi Do they give you some time to find new daycare, or is it effective immediately. Good think you had something lined up!!

Registered
    Oct 2001
    Things I've been kicked out of:
    1 A little league baseball team - fight with a teammate. Got invited back the next day upon my promise not to hit people saying bad things about me.

2 A college dorm - issues with a bad neighbor. He was screwing the RA and got her to get me moved to another dorm. This was moslty my fault. I was a bit Budgielike in those days. {sorry Budgie }

3 The United Kingdom - Drunk and questioning their Irish policy whilst going through British Customs.

4 College (double secret probation) - I once got a 0.0 GPA for a semester. I was a bit Budgielike in those days. {sorry Budgie }
    I got a 4.0 my next semester back, and from them on out.

5 Two dance bars in Germany - mostly for hitting on the native women, in front of euro_girlymen.

6 A fraternity - I was not their kind of guy. Read; I was not a racist ass stuck on my own superiority looking to put down others to make myself feel good. This was one of the best things that ever happened to me.

7 A job - I was not their kind of guy. Read; I was not a immoral cheat and liar.

I'm sure there will be more things to be kicked out of in the future.
    el Guapo is a former 20 year +/- urban planner (just like you) who thought becoming an attorney was a good life choice.

Registered
    Feb 2003
    Quote Originally posted by SW MI Planner
    Trail Nazi Do they give you some time to find new daycare, or is it effective immediately. Good think you had something lined up!!
    It depends on the offense. I have until this Friday with Fang, who by the way is really sweet but just teething a little.

I almost forgot, I got kicked out for a movie for my "friend's" doing. She was running around the theatre after some boys and I was more interested in the movie and she blamed me b/c her parents were friends with the movie theatre owners. I have not forgiven this theatre yet and it was 20 years ago. Go to an AMC not the mom-n-pop theatre in this instance.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Tossed from 7th grade English on April Fool's for a "Kick Me" sign.
    Tossed from 8th grade French after a classmate blew up at me for tapping my pencil on my teeth.
    Tossed from "The Bodyguard" in 9th grade because two of our friends came late and said that they were not 18 and so they tossed the lot of us out.
    Information necessitating a change of design will be conveyed to the designer after and only after the design is complete. (Often called the 'Now They Tell Us' Law) - Fyfe's First Law of Revision

We don't believe in planners and deciders making the decisions on behalf of Americans. -- George W. Bush , Scranton, PA -- 09/06/2000

moderator in moderation Suburb Repairman's avatar
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    I got kicked out of a college basketball game last year for heckling the visiting coach. I was sitting right behind him reading his bio from the program and asking loud, obnoxious ( ) questions about him. I was also heckling the ref occasionally, but that was only because he was stupid. At least several of my friends got chunked along with me! Oh to be an irresponsible college student again!

"Oh, that is all well and good, but, voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country."

- Herman Göring at the Nuremburg trials (thoughts on democracy)

Registered
    Jul 2002
    Hmm..I've never been kicked out of anything. Maybe I'll try to get kicked off Cyburbia!

You hear that Dan?!? You piece of.. ***NO CARRIER***

"So, if a city has a personality, maybe it also has a soul. Maybe it dreams." -Gaiman
    ArchBoston

Quote Originally posted by PlannerByDay
    I got kicked out of a college football game for throwing marshmallows onto the field. Actually I was trying to throw them at someone down below but missed and it landed on the field.
    A good firned of mine was kicked out of a college bowl game (Wisconsin vs Duke) for the same offense. He bought a ticket from a frustrated scalper (not much demand for Duke football) for 10 bucks and got right back in.

I have been kicked out of a few restaurants. In high school we would get kicked out of Dennys on a regular basis.

I have been kicked out of bars a few times either because I found myself in the middle of a fight or because someone I was with was too drunk.

I was kicked out of music class in grade school on a regular basis too. I hated the teacher and she hated me. Eventually it got so bad that she worked with the band teacher so that I could just go and practice my sax instead of disrupting her class.
    "I'm a white male, age 18 to 49. Everyone listens to me, no matter how dumb my suggestions are."

- Homer Simpson

Registered
    Jul 2002
    HR -

Kicked out of 10 th grade English class for failing to be prepared - I forgot my book, but there was fair waring given.

Kicked out of a Mickey D's for supposedly "causing a commotion" when I was a Junior in high school.

Forcefully removed from a frat party my sophmore year, for being in a rival frat, and dating the former girlfriend of one of the house office holders
    She has been a bad girl, she is like a chemical, though you try and stop it she is like a narcotic.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by Suburb Repairman
    Oh to be an irresponsible college student again!
    Being out of college doesn't stop me from harassing the hell out of the visiting team...that's why I buy season tix
    Information necessitating a change of design will be conveyed to the designer after and only after the design is complete. (Often called the 'Now They Tell Us' Law) - Fyfe's First Law of Revision

We don't believe in planners and deciders making the decisions on behalf of Americans. -- George W. Bush , Scranton, PA -- 09/06/2000

moderator in moderation Suburb Repairman's avatar
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    Quote Originally posted by GeogPlanner
    Being out of college doesn't stop me from harassing the hell out of the visiting team...that's why I buy season tix
    Yeah, but now I have to come up with a different excuse for my behavior. Note that I did not say my behavior had changed. Football starts for my alma mater this Saturday. Let the trouble begin!!!

"Oh, that is all well and good, but, voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country."

- Herman Göring at the Nuremburg trials (thoughts on democracy)

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Somewhere between the mountains and the ocean.
    1) In College I got kicked out of a WAL*MART for taking on of those little go carts and driving into displays. I was sober too!
    2) In College I got kicked out of a bar for beating the crap out of some guy for hitting a girl. (almost did time in Jail for that one, but the girl told the Cops what happened)
    3) In College I was kicked out of a hotel hot tub/ pool area. Friends and I were a bit too loud… and drunk.
    4) In College (hmmm see a trend here) I got kicked out of several ski areas for skiing out of bounds, skiing to fast in SLOW on green circle runs, and once for making out with the managers daughter. (she was also in college and this guy hated me because I worked at a rival ski hill)
    5) In College the drum line I was in almost got kicked out of the dome during a foot ball game for harassing the other team to the point where the football players started to come into the stands to fight us.

There are others, but I am going to Plea the 5th at this time.
    If you're not growing, you're dying. - Lou Holtz

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    Let's see here. I got kicked out of the Lincoln Memorial when I was 14, while jumping and acting like an idiot. (Actually the guard came up to my buddies and me while we leaving to kick us out, Skinny Weasel) I still have yet to return to DC to make amends.

I got kicked out of the movies for not being 17 for an R rated show. One of my buddies got to stay b/c the usher couldn't find his brithdate on his Wyoming drviers license.

I also got kicked out of a bar for shariung a beer with friend a week before my 21st. I walked back to my place in a blizzard. I came back to the bar on my 21st and they didn't recognize me. (I wanted to rub it in their faces, but they didn;t care, they just let me in).
    You get all squeezed up inside/Like the days were carved in stone/You get all wired up inside/And it's bad to be alone

You can go out, you can take a ride/And when you get out on your own/You get all smoothed out inside/And it's good to be alone
    -Peart

Registered
    Aug 2001
    I was suspended from school in high school for writing an article about the misuse of lottery funds that ended up getting the principal in a ton of problems. The principal used to 'review' our paper before it went to press, but we slipped that one past him. He suspended me (and the editor), I threatened to sue and he let us back in the next day. Not that I really minded missing school.

I've been kicked out of a few restaraunts when I was a teenager for rowdy behaviour. Same thing with retail stores... one story in particular was when a friend of mine and I got kicked out for having a stuffed animal fight (basically beaming animals at each other) in a Kay Bee toy store.

I've been kicked off a ton of private beaches in California.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jan 2003
    I don't remember being kicked out of anywhere... but I was suspended from school once for skipping classes with practically all my classmates... boo hoo.

Registered
    Feb 2002
    Quote Originally posted by Trail Nazi
    It depends on the offense
    Wow, it sounds like he stole a car or something!!!

Quote Originally posted by michaelskis
    2) In College I got kicked out of a bar for beating the crap out of some guy for hitting a girl. (almost did time in Jail for that one, but the girl told the Cops what happened)
    That'll teach ya to hang out at the Nickle.

Registered
    Jul 2002

boot 1.1

Does refuse service (under age) count? My last year in the Army I was carded in a bar we used to frequent frequently. All was OK but one guy we were with who actually was the only one over 21 looked like he was 12. Anyway, the time was a quarter till midnight...15 minutes from my 21st birthday...and we were booted. Rules are rules.
    WALSTIB

Registered
    Dec 2003
    Passed out at a bar with a flask in my hand while sitting on a couch.

Former friends party because we were getting to rowdy after drinking two bottles of B.V.

Wow, I've had a pretty good record so far. I think its because I leave before they can kick me out. Either that or I don't remember

I'm waiting to hear Budgie's list
    A guy once told me, "Do not have any attachments, do not have anything in your life you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you spot the heat around the corner."

Neil McCauley (Robert DeNiro): Heat 1995

As a skateboarder I was kicked out of hundreds of places, both public and private.

I almost forgot that I was almost kicked out of the dorms. Apparantly they didn't like the idea of an underage college student setting up a wine making operation in their dorm room. They didn't like it even more when they caught me the second time. Only because i was friends with the dorm manager did I get to stay. Its a good thing they never linked me to the bb-gun/community television incident.
    "I'm a white male, age 18 to 49. Everyone listens to me, no matter how dumb my suggestions are."

- Homer Simpson

Registered
    Oct 2001
    Quote Originally posted by Rumpy Tunanator
    Former friends party because we were getting to rowdy after drinking two bottles of B.V.
    Off-topic:

Balsamic Vinegar? Dude you ARE a wild man!
    el Guapo is a former 20 year +/- urban planner (just like you) who thought becoming an attorney was a good life choice.

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Somewhere between the mountains and the ocean.
    Quote Originally posted by SW MI Planner
    That'll teach ya to hang out at the Nickle.

IT WAS THE NICKLE! Wow, you do know your Mqt Bars...
    If you're not growing, you're dying. - Lou Holtz

+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Getting kicked upstairs
    Career Development and Advice
    Replies: 18
    Last post: 19 Jan 2012, 3:13 PM
  2. Oh, the places you'll go...
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 67
    Last post: 06 Mar 2008, 12:02 PM