Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: AICP Exam Results Delay

Registered
    Dec 1998

AICP Exam Results Delay

I just received a letter stating that "due to unanticipated and unavoidable circumstances" the processing of the exam results are delayed and won't be available until the week of July 22. In an earlier post, someone mentioned that trained chimps can grade faster than these people and I wholeheartedly agree. I know there are factors such as scaling the scores and etc. that slow the processing down but this delay is ridiculous. I'm curious to know the "what's," "when's" and "why's" of these so-called "unanticipated and unavoidable circumstances." Does anyone have an opinion about this?
    :mad

Registered
    Aug 2001
    OK, I can't help with AICP, but I am an EcD (now CEcD) through IEDC (International Economic Development Council), which is the merged CUED and AEDC. When I took my exam a couple years ago, it took a few days to get the results. Now I have been a grader for other exams and it takes several hours to get the results. Sure, a much larger number of people take the AICP exam, but you are right, how long does it take to grade an exam?

Registered
    Oct 2001

Another reason APA Sucks.

I'm suprised they aren't charging an additional fee for your results.

They have had over 2 months to grade the exams. I too would like to know what the "unanticipated and unavoidable" circumstances were. Did they lose the exams? Did they come to their senses and realize that 50 percent of the questions were too ambigious to answer?
    "I'm a white male, age 18 to 49. Everyone listens to me, no matter how dumb my suggestions are."

- Homer Simpson

Registered
    Jul 2002

AICP results

Ugh! I know they said the "week of" July 22nd, but I'm sick of waiting!!! This is ridiculous. . .they are probably trying to figure out why nobody passed. I'm hoping that they didn't do the same member snafu on the APA website, because then all of the people I know that took it (including myself) failed!

     
    Registered
    Dec 2001

results will be mailed on Friday

Hi All,
    I just called AICP and they told me that the test results will be mailed on Friday.
    They are really milking it if you ask me...

Registered
    Dec 1998
    Thanks....now I can stop bugging the secretary about if I received any mail from AICP (sadistics &*%$#@).
    Last edited by Planderella; 24 Jul 2002 at 3:55 PM.

Registered
    Jul 2002

this is painful.

Thanks for letting us know that they are only mailing them on Friday. . .didn't that letter say that we would receive the results this week?? I don't know, I already threw the letter away. My theory on the "unexpected and unavoidable" circumstances is that they let us write out on their little sheet which questions we thought were unclear/bogus as we were taking the test. It has probably taken them forever to individually review each of those 140 out of 150 questions! : )

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. May 2008 AICP exam results?
    Make No Small Plans
    Replies: 37
    Last post: 11 Sep 2008, 12:07 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last post: 02 Apr 2008, 1:46 PM
  3. AICP Results: Mail Delay???
    Make No Small Plans
    Replies: 4
    Last post: 01 Aug 2002, 8:59 AM