Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Desperate and Dateless? Come to a Civic Reception.

Registered
    Jun 2003

Desperate and Dateless? Come to a Civic Reception.

Now that half the male population of Cyburbia is tuned in, it's time I 'fessed up about Miss Universe, Jennifer Hawkins.

Jennifer's home town is right here - where I live and work. Today my employer is assisting in the perpetuation of the patriarchial, objectification of women in society by hosting a civic reception for Miss Hawkins. There willl be special security, it is invitation only and I'm sure the vegimite sandwiches and lamingtons will be laid on deluxe. So to Donk, Dan, Cardinal, Michaelskis, Budgie, Rumpy etc. I will try to get close enough to pose for a picture and resist the temptation to ask whether she would like to meet one of my internet friends in the US.

By the way - JH had a problem during a fashion show yesterday - she stepped on her skirt while walking off stage and managed to rip the thing completely off. I've tried to google a picture of her butt in g'string bouncing off stage but its not on the net yet. It was all over the local TV this AM though.

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Someplace between yesterday and tomorrow.
    Quote Originally posted by Rem
    So to Donk, Dan, Cardinal, Michaelskis, Budgie, Rumpy etc. I will try to get close enough to pose for a picture and resist the temptation to ask whether she would like to meet one of my internet friends in the US.

By the way - JH had a problem during a fashion show yesterday - she stepped on her skirt while walking off stage and managed to rip the thing completely off. I've tried to google a picture of her butt in g'string bouncing off stage but its not on the net yet. It was all over the local TV this AM though.
    Why resist? Go with the feeling... *not sure if things with the GF are going to work out so well, so my eyes are open.

As for the pic... Please find it.
    Not my monkey, not my circus. - Old Polish Proverb

Registered
    Oct 2003
    Quote Originally posted by michaelskis
    Why resist? Go with the feeling... *not sure if things with the GF are going to work out so well, so my eyes are open.

As for the pic... Please find it.
    She is beautiful...and 20! Mike - the birthday gift didn't go so well?

Registered
    Sep 2001
    All I get is to see is this pageant .

Lucky you.
    Too lazy to beat myself up for being to lazy to beat myself up for being too lazy to... well you get the point....

NIMBY asshatterer Plus Richmond Jake's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    Find the pic or you're dead meat, Rem. BTW, I've never been called "etc." before...

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Someplace between yesterday and tomorrow.
    Quote Originally posted by ludes98
    She is beautiful...and 20! Mike - the birthday gift didn't go so well?
    It went well, but the more I think about the relationship, the more I start to realize that her and I want to go into different directions in life...

A guy from work is making sure that I have options...
    Not my monkey, not my circus. - Old Polish Proverb

Registered
    May 2003
    You have to wonder, when your job is to stand there and smile after obsessing over every part of your body for a few hours in a makeup room, that does to your head. Not very good things, I imagine.

Registered
    Jun 2003
    She's here now - I'm nicking off early for the weekend - can't work even if I wanted to as she's drawn a big crowd. The older folk from the Holmesville Progress Association (her home town) were here an hour before she was due. She is extremely down to earth and friendly (I guess you would have to be so if selected Miss Universe) and she is more attractive in real life than the pics do justice.

The photo from last night's "wardrobe malfunction" is in today's Daily Telegraph but it isn't on their webiste yet - I suspect they are trying to syndicate it. Anyway - try this link at your pleasure and it might appear on the Telegraph web-site eventually. It was in the "Sydney Confidential" section of the printed paper. She made a joke of it this afternoon BTW and seems not to be too mortified by the event.

Registered
    Nov 2002
    Alright. fess up here. What is it about Australian, and Kiwi women too [b]JNL[/b}, that makes them seem so hot. I watched the very last part of the Miss Universe pageant and remember thinking that while the other women were beautiful (Miss. Venezuela, when are you going to return my calls?), Miss Australia had this natural, less-made-up look about her that made you take extra notice - kind of like Nicole Kidman with a tan. So what are y’all adding to the water down there in the Southern Hemisphere?

Registered
    Jul 2002
    Jeez, do I have to do everything (NSFW) for you people?
    "So, if a city has a personality, maybe it also has a soul. Maybe it dreams." -Gaiman
    ArchBoston

Registered
    Feb 2000
    I sense a Cyburbia Bachelor reality television type program in which Ms. Hawkins road trips and attends many LAEFESTS and ultimately widdle the Cyburbia bachelors down to 1 who gets the chance to have like a date and stuff with her. REM see if you can arrange this.

Statler, you're my hero.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jan 2003
    Well.. I like them with brains.. so I guess I'll pass

Registered
    Dec 2003
    I am , so, there,

Just wanted to try Ms. Pac Man out

(she is smoking)
    A guy once told me, "Do not have any attachments, do not have anything in your life you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you spot the heat around the corner."

Neil McCauley (Robert DeNiro): Heat 1995

Registered
    Aug 2001
    man...you can smell the machismo on the index page around here sometimes...lol
    Information necessitating a change of design will be conveyed to the designer after and only after the design is complete. (Often called the 'Now They Tell Us' Law) - Fyfe's First Law of Revision

We don't believe in planners and deciders making the decisions on behalf of Americans. -- George W. Bush , Scranton, PA -- 09/06/2000

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 1
    Last post: 20 Mar 2007, 12:05 PM
  2. Replies: 16
    Last post: 23 Jun 2006, 5:13 PM
  3. Desperate Housewives Quiz
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 3
    Last post: 20 May 2005, 4:30 PM
  4. Civic art
    Student Lounge