Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Forum/Gallery update

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries

Forum/Gallery update

1) Yes, there are issues with the Gallery again. I'm working on it as time permits. This week is hectic, though; closing on a house, traffic court, parents visiting, finishing the draft of a town plan, and other thigns keeping me pre-occupied.

2) I added a few new smilies, and cleaned up some of the smiley codes so there should be fewer problems with smilies being inserted where they normally shouldn't appear. The smilie code should be the same as that for MSN Messenger and some other vBulletin-based bulletin boards.

Coffee:
    Canada:
    Vomit:
    Loser:
    Gift:
    Jewish smiley:
    Ball-gagged:

I got rid of the Dubya smiley, mainly because it didn't look that good in 15x15 pixels. Cyburbia uses 15x15 sileys, as opposed to 19x19 smileys on many other boards, so their use doesn't cause irregular line breaks. I also trashed the unused Canadian beaver hat smiley.
    Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

Registered
    Mar 2004

How about this one?

I found some that our gun people may like?? Bigger than 15x15 though.....
    found at

http://www.clicksmilies.com/

Look to weapons category......
    Skilled Adoxographer

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by The One
    Look to weapons category......
    Unfortunately, most of those are animated. I already talked about why we don't have or animated smilies on Cyburbia. We'd end up with posts that look like this.

Sorry.

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    The Gallery thumbnail generator is hacked back together, for the time being. It's using GT instead of ImageMagick. I had to delete a few images that had no thumbnails.

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    Using GT2 now for thumbnails and photo resizing in the Gallery. GT seemed to vonvert photos to a 32 color GIF before resizing them, which is not a Good Thing.

Registered
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally posted by Dan
    Unfortunately, most of those are animated. I already talked about why we don't have or animated smilies on Cyburbia. We'd end up with posts that look like this.

Sorry.

Those are some SWEET Smilies.....Darn it.....I would love to use those.....but I understand why we can't......
    Skilled Adoxographer

+ Reply to thread