Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Preview: Northern California's Satellite Cities

Registered
    Oct 2001

Preview: Northern California's Satellite Cities

I have actually been taking a few pictures lately, and want to enter the digital age. I don't claim any great skill, and I am "shy" about photographing people in public (how they do it over at urbanphoto.net I don't know )

So, since I am still on dial-up, it will be a relatively slow process. But, after installing the scanner/printer a SECOND time, I got it to work fine, so I scanned one print from a pleasant, if sprawling city north of San Francisco. Santa Rosa is the County Seat of Sonoma County. It has seen too much growth of the usual variety, but it was originally a somewhat important business center with a real, if struggling downtown. Across the freeway from downtown is a neat little enclave of historic buildings, Railroad Square. I bought a fantastic Indonesian carved wooden flying dragon here, and it has a place with the BEST omelettes I have ever seen.

Many more photos coming over the next few days. Also: Oakland California's yuppie paradise, Rockridge; Piedmont Avenue, and Grand Lake neighborhoods. Including why I disagree with jordanb about the architecture of bungalows.

Registered
    Nov 2003
    Is that a functioning hotel?

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 8
    Last post: 11 Jun 2010, 7:20 PM
  2. Replies: 18
    Last post: 09 Jul 2008, 8:02 AM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last post: 01 Mar 2007, 10:33 AM
  4. New Florida Ballot Preview