Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: They Live

  1. #1
    Cyburbian Rumpy Tunanator's avatar
    Registered
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Intervention
    Posts
    4,475

    They Live

    Has anybody (I'm sure you have) seen the movie "They Live" ?

    Got me thinking about the machine we call daily life. Then it got me thinking about the movie "Brazil". Then it got me thinking about just letting go. We are all pawns in the dynamics of their overall plan for conquest. Then I thought, man Roddy Piper sure can slug it out in the alley when he wants somebody to put sun-glasses on. Wow, determination in the sights of the enemy when nobody will believe you. Then at the end when the one dude goes "Hey baby what's wrong? (or something to that tune)", I couldn't stop laughing.

    Not sure the point of this other than I thought it made me think about other movies where some force was trying to over power somebody or persons, and the people said FTS, and fought back.
    A guy once told me, "Do not have any attachments, do not have anything in your life you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you spot the heat around the corner."


    Neil McCauley (Robert DeNiro): Heat 1995

  2. #2
    NIMBY asshatterer Plus Richmond Jake's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Jukin' City
    Posts
    16,389
    Quote Originally posted by Rumpy Tunanator
    Has anybody (I'm sure you have) seen the movie "They Live" ?

    Got me thinking about the machine we call daily life. Then it got me thinking about the movie "Brazil". Then it got me thinking about just letting go. We are all pawns in the dynamics of their overall plan for conquest. Then I thought, man Roddy Piper sure can slug it out in the alley when he wants somebody to put sun-glasses on. Wow, determination in the sights of the enemy when nobody will believe you. Then at the end when the one dude goes "Hey baby what's wrong? (or something to that tune)", I couldn't stop laughing.

    Not sure the point of this other than I thought it made me think about other movies where some force was trying to over power somebody or persons, and the people said FTS, and fought back.
    Huh!?!? Way too deep for this simple mind. Or else I need to drink more to discover the hidden messages. You channeling, dude?
    RJ is the KING of . The One

  3. #3
    Cyburbian Plus Zoning Goddess's avatar
    Registered
    Sep 1999
    Location
    400 miles from Orlando
    Posts
    13,743
    "They Live"; is that the one where people can only see the aliens if they're wearing special sunglasses? If so, I saw it years ago and liked it, but I don't remember much about it.

  4. #4
    NIMBY asshatterer Plus Richmond Jake's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Jukin' City
    Posts
    16,389
    Quote Originally posted by Zoning Goddess
    .....I don't remember much about it.
    When's our next date? I love 'em that way.

    time to get the Jax laefest going... TN?
    RJ is the KING of . The One

  5. #5
    Cyburbian Plus Zoning Goddess's avatar
    Registered
    Sep 1999
    Location
    400 miles from Orlando
    Posts
    13,743
    Quote Originally posted by RichmondJake
    When's our next date? I love 'em that way.

    time to get the Jax laefest going... TN?
    Yeah, yeah, smarty-pants. Sometimes that's good from the woman's perspective, too! BTW, I've notified TN that you asked, but I don't think she is getting much encouragement from the NE FL Cyburbians. I guess the rest of us can plan something and hope they show up.

  6. #6
    NIMBY asshatterer Plus Richmond Jake's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Jukin' City
    Posts
    16,389
    Quote Originally posted by Zoning Goddess
    Yeah, yeah, smarty-pants. Sometimes that's good from the woman's perspective, too! BTW, I've notified TN that you asked, but I don't think she is getting much encouragement from the NE FL Cyburbians. I guess the rest of us can plan something and hope they show up.
    where we meeting Jax?
    Last edited by Richmond Jake; 20 Sep 2004 at 11:50 AM.
    RJ is the KING of . The One

  7. #7
    Cyburbian Plus Zoning Goddess's avatar
    Registered
    Sep 1999
    Location
    400 miles from Orlando
    Posts
    13,743
    Quote Originally posted by RichmondJake
    Really, we should start a relationship, report the results of our activities here on Cyburbia, and start a poll if it should continue...it would likely be a first....hell, there's poll's here for much more trival issues...where we meeting Jax, gal?
    I'm a Taurus. I have problems with authority and the popular vote.

  8. #8
    NIMBY asshatterer Plus Richmond Jake's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Jukin' City
    Posts
    16,389
    Quote Originally posted by Zoning Goddess
    I'm a Taurus. I have problems with authority and the popular vote.
    I'm a Sag; I have problems with cheap white wine.
    Last edited by Richmond Jake; 20 Sep 2004 at 11:50 AM.
    RJ is the KING of . The One

  9. #9
    Cyburbian Plus Zoning Goddess's avatar
    Registered
    Sep 1999
    Location
    400 miles from Orlando
    Posts
    13,743
    Uh, oh, I can see it now. EG won't be doing just the X-mas gift exchange (you are doing that again, aren't you?), he'll be doing the planner exchange, too.

  10. #10
    Cyburbian Rumpy Tunanator's avatar
    Registered
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Intervention
    Posts
    4,475
    Get a room you two

    BOT: Conform


    A guy once told me, "Do not have any attachments, do not have anything in your life you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you spot the heat around the corner."


    Neil McCauley (Robert DeNiro): Heat 1995

  11. #11
    NIMBY asshatterer Plus Richmond Jake's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Jukin' City
    Posts
    16,389
    I wrote totally inappropriate things in this thread last night. For that, I deeply apologize. I had no intention of making anyone feel uncomfortable, embarrassed, or angry. I was trying to be cute and funny which evolved into a disaster. I'm sorry. It will never happen again.
    RJ is the KING of . The One

  12. #12
    Cyburbian Rumpy Tunanator's avatar
    Registered
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Intervention
    Posts
    4,475
    Quote Originally posted by RichmondJake
    I was trying to be cute and funny which evolved into a disaster. I'm sorry. It will never happen again.
    You better be. I was channeling the night I wrote this thread and you killed it like a hobo drinking a cheap bottle of irish whiskey while singing Jimmy Cracked Corn
    A guy once told me, "Do not have any attachments, do not have anything in your life you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you spot the heat around the corner."


    Neil McCauley (Robert DeNiro): Heat 1995

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

  1. Replies: 35
    Last post: 16 Apr 2008, 11:35 AM
  2. Live Aid 8
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 7
    Last post: 03 Jun 2005, 9:49 AM
  3. Would you live here?
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 87
    Last post: 12 Mar 2003, 11:08 AM
  4. Where would you live?
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 9
    Last post: 13 Jun 2002, 11:48 AM
  5. You are where you live
    Cities and Places
    Replies: 18
    Last post: 22 Mar 2002, 4:39 PM