Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Anyone want a pen?

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries

Anyone want a pen?

We planners love out pens. Unfortunately, this one on eBay doesn't use red ink.
    I received this stupid pen on my birthday years ago from my ex-wife, and even before I divorced her flabby body, I hated the pen. I have no idea why she bought me this piece of crap. Sure, it writes fine and could "seem" kind of cool, but I hate it. The color is ugly, it barely fits in my banana sized hands, and it comes with some weird carrying case. King Kong could barely write with it. Every time I open up my drawer and see this waste of space, I am reminded that I used to be married to that skank who gave me a stupid pen for my birthday

[snip]
    Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator NHPlanner's avatar
    Registered
    Apr 1996
    I love the "additional info added by the seller" on the page.
    "Growth is inevitable and desirable, but destruction of community character is not. The question is not whether your part of the world is going to change. The question is how." -- Edward T. McMahon, The Conservation Fund

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    Quote Originally posted by NHPlanner
    I love the "additional info added by the seller" on the page.
    He's not angry at all. :-0 :rolleyes:
    Oddball
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?
    Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
    Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
    From Kelly's Heroes (1970)

Are you sure you're not hurt ?
    No. Just some parts wake up faster than others.
    Broke parts take a little longer, though.
    From Electric Horseman (1979)

Registered
    Dec 2003
    Classic indeed

So, please buy this pen. I just want rid of it, and any memories of red-headed elephants lying in my bed to just go away. I will even ship it for free, just to make sure it leaves my house and the state I live in forever. I have started the price out as low as eBay will allow me, so if it sells for that, I will be happy. Just don't use it as a weapon. Hey, why didn't I.....never mind. Jail time would not have been good for my frail body. I don't date males. Especially those I meet in the shower. Happy bidding!
    A guy once told me, "Do not have any attachments, do not have anything in your life you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you spot the heat around the corner."

Neil McCauley (Robert DeNiro): Heat 1995

Registered
    Aug 2001
    I guess anyone will buy a good story...is the pen even worth that much ($31 US)?
    Information necessitating a change of design will be conveyed to the designer after and only after the design is complete. (Often called the 'Now They Tell Us' Law) - Fyfe's First Law of Revision

We don't believe in planners and deciders making the decisions on behalf of Americans. -- George W. Bush , Scranton, PA -- 09/06/2000

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    "ZUH???" said Z Man with his mouth agape.
    You get all squeezed up inside/Like the days were carved in stone/You get all wired up inside/And it's bad to be alone

You can go out, you can take a ride/And when you get out on your own/You get all smoothed out inside/And it's good to be alone
    -Peart

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by JNA
    He's not angry at all. :-0 :rolleyes:
    Sounds like he's over his past relationship and is ready to move on as a wiser and more experienced soul
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Feb 2003
    he is "cleansing"

Registered
    Aug 2001
    We've seen these types of eBay listings before. I wonder if it it all made up...I suspect that the author took some creative license.
    Information necessitating a change of design will be conveyed to the designer after and only after the design is complete. (Often called the 'Now They Tell Us' Law) - Fyfe's First Law of Revision

We don't believe in planners and deciders making the decisions on behalf of Americans. -- George W. Bush , Scranton, PA -- 09/06/2000

Registered
    Oct 2000
    Quote Originally posted by GeogPlanner
    We've seen these types of eBay listings before. I wonder if it it all made up...I suspect that the author took some creative license.
    this is exactly what I was thinking after the success of the wedding dress guy.

+ Reply to thread