Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Investment Advice

Registered
    Sep 2001

Investment Advice

Heard about this investment opportunity this morning on the radio. Considering how my mutual funds have treated me and that the house is not selling, maybe I need to think outside of the box?

Anyone else want to split a share with me?
    Too lazy to beat myself up for being to lazy to beat myself up for being too lazy to... well you get the point....

Registered
    Dec 2003
    I'm in, how much cash do you want me to chip in?

Q: My date and place of death?
    A: It's assumed you won't live for the 500 or more years it may take for the technology to be perfected, and for the fund to grow. If, as we assumed above, you are to be retrieved at or just before your time of death, they will need to know when and where to find you. This makes it easier.

Q: Are there any restrictions?
    A: Yes, several:

You will not be retrieved if you die by suicide. Sorry, but we don't want your family blaming us for you killing yourself because you think you will get to the future sooner.

You will not be retrieved if you die by execution, or are killed in the process of, or the result of, committing a crime. You are responsible for your actions, and the fund is not an excuse for you to take your frustrations out on society. (Note: You are not automatically excluded if you are the victim of a crime.)
    Damn, so much for my crime spree
    A guy once told me, "Do not have any attachments, do not have anything in your life you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you spot the heat around the corner."

Neil McCauley (Robert DeNiro): Heat 1995

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Career/investment advice needed
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 28
    Last post: 10 Feb 2012, 11:19 AM
  2. Replies: 20
    Last post: 15 Sep 2008, 10:50 AM
  3. Stock Investment Simulator Game
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 10