Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Holiday Weekend!! What you doin?

Registered
    Oct 2002
    Blog entries

Holiday Weekend!! What you doin?

Woo-hoo... I added a couple days to the long weekend.... and am headed to the Cape (Cod) with pups for a few nights....in conjuction with picking up a post and beam shed kit. Weather is supposed to be splendid. Renting a cottage with no TV...so if I want to listen to the debate.... it will be on the old radio....or I can just sit back by the fire and read a good book instead!

Anyone else have some fun planned!
    "Yeehaw!" is not a foreign policy

Renovating the '62 Metzendorf
    http://metzendorf.blogspot.com/

Registered
    Jun 2003
    No Holiday for me because -
    The Man switched Columbus Day as a Holiday for some other day off, I don't remember.
    Oddball
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?
    Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
    Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
    From Kelly's Heroes (1970)

Are you sure you're not hurt ?
    No. Just some parts wake up faster than others.
    Broke parts take a little longer, though.
    From Electric Horseman (1979)

Registered
    Mar 2004
    Blog entries

Awwww....

Quote Originally posted by JNA
    The Man switched Columbus Day as a Holiday for some other day off, I don't remember.
    No Columbus Day for You!!......me either, what a bummer
    "The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."
    John Kenneth Galbraith

Registered
    Sep 1999
    No holiday for us.

sisterceleste and I are hoping that Trail Nazi will come down for a visit this weekend.

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    There's a good-sized Italian-American population in the jurisdiction where I work, so we still get Columbus Day off.

Waking up early, and packing for the move to the new Casa Cyburbia in beautiful South Euclid, Ohio. I close on the new house on the 12th, and take posession of the title on the 15th.
    Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Well, I'll be following tsc's geographic lead and heading into the heart of New England, but for a wedding. I'd rather a quiet cottage on the Cape, but I'll have to settle for a room at the Sheraton. I will be soaking in the pool if they have one and doing some research and reading between the rehersal dinner and the ceremony the next day.

As for Monday...I have to work the night job, but at holiday pay. So I can't complain...or I can, but no one will listen.
    Information necessitating a change of design will be conveyed to the designer after and only after the design is complete. (Often called the 'Now They Tell Us' Law) - Fyfe's First Law of Revision

We don't believe in planners and deciders making the decisions on behalf of Americans. -- George W. Bush , Scranton, PA -- 09/06/2000

Registered
    Jul 2002
    Quote Originally posted by JNA
    Same here!

Don't you guys know that the Friday after Thanksgiving is the real Columbus Day?

Harvest Homecoming begins today and runs through Sunday. It's my city's fall festival and one of the largest festivals in the state. Believe me, the mulletts and bald/goatees will be out in quantity this weekend.
    Je suis Charlie

Registered
    Feb 2003
    Quote Originally posted by Zoning Goddess
    No holiday for us.

sisterceleste and I are hoping that Trail Nazi will come down for a visit this weekend.
    I am hoping to visit the two more power Goddesses to be taught some new evil and naughty things.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    It's Thanksgiving up here on Monday, so we also have a three-day weekend. We'll have thanksgiving dinner on Sunday with the kids and otherwise try to get as much done on the house as possible. I'm taking on off Tuesday to keep working on the house, and then I also have next Friday off. Gotta love a four-day weekend, two-day work week, three-day weekend combo!

Registered
    Oct 2000
    Tomorrow night - dinner and drinks with the Girls.

I'm hoping to have normal sized ovaries in time for a race on Saturday morning, followed by apple picking with the baby.

Sunday I'm planting about 500 spring bulbs in my garden.

Monday, Rob's parents, sister and her fiance, and we are going to dance lessons to get ready for SIL's wedding in four weeks.

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Blog entries
    Here they don't call it Columbus Day. It is Native American Day, which I suppose must be celebrated much the same way we white-eyes celebrate Pearl Harbor Day. Due to an inordinate amount of work and being out sick for two days last week I will spend at least half a day at the office catching up on stuff.
    "I am very good at reading women, but I get into trouble for using the Braille method."

~ Otterpop ~

maudit anglais
    Registered
    May 1997
    Going up north to visit with Mrs. Tranplanner's family. Looking forward to the big turkey dinner, but all in all, I'd rather be working on the house.

Registered
    Sep 1998
    For me, I plan on using what might be the last weekend with glorious weather to finish outdoor jobs. On this weekend's to-do list:

Brakes (rotors and pads) on all four corners of the Ford Exploder
    Shocks on all four conerns of the Exploder
    Mount winter tires on the Exploder
    Rake leaves, cut grass (in preparation for fall fertilizing)
    Wash windows
    Prune trees

Veg out and watch TV

Registered
    Oct 2003
    No holiday for me, but I am off tomorrow, Monday, and Tuesday for a wedding in Boston/Concord, MA. I am looking forward to some cooler weather. Still hitting high 90's here. Pregnant wife not looking forward to flight.

Registered
    Sep 2001
    I had hoped to go "home" for the long weekend, thanksgiving is the big holiday for my family. I'll probably just end up staying in the town I live in, might make a trip to the city for the day.

At least the weather is supposed to be good.
    Too lazy to beat myself up for being to lazy to beat myself up for being too lazy to... well you get the point....

Unfrozen Caveman Planner mendelman's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003
    no holi for me either.

bah
    I'm sorry. Is my bias showing?

The ends can justify the means.

Registered
    Oct 2001
    No day off, but... taking a 1/2 day Friday.

My wonderful and charming son informed me 2 days ago he needs semi-formal clothes for next week-end... (homecoming dance) His girlfriend is insistant that he "look nice".

So... Since we have to go to an outlet mall anyway, we're going to a big booksale in Davis, CA (I'm going to ask around about a certain planner who used to work there.) We have condos all lined up for Friday and Saturday night which is nice...
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    C'mon and get me you twist of fate
    I'm standing right here Mr. Destiny
    If you want to talk well then I'll relate
    If you don't so what cause you don't scare me

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by Mastiff
    So... Since we have to go to an outlet mall anyway, we're going to a big booksale in Davis, CA (I'm going to ask around about a certain planner who used to work there.) We have condos all lined up for Friday and Saturday night which is nice...
    Uh oh... hehehe. Are you actually staying in Davis? I'm sure between BKM and I, we could recommend good restaraunts around town. That must be one hell of a book sale to travel all the way down to Davis!

Registered
    Oct 2001
    Quote Originally posted by nerudite
    Uh oh... hehehe. Are you actually staying in Davis? I'm sure between BKM and I, we could recommend good restaraunts around town. That must be one hell of a book sale to travel all the way down to Davis!
    50,000 books... One hell of a sale, indeed. And yes, recommend a good lunch, if you would! Sushi, perhaps? I break the diet for jasmine rice...

We're staying Sat. night in Windsor, CA... off 101. That's where one of our condos is located. The middle of wine country. I see this as being a very expensive excursion...

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by Mastiff
    50,000 books... One hell of a sale, indeed. And yes, recommend a good lunch, if you would! Sushi, perhaps? I break the diet for jasmine rice...
    Well, I don't remember a good sushi place in town (not to say there isn't one). Of the unique and yummy places to eat, I would recommend a crepe place (I don't know the name!) just to the south of central park on 3rd Street or the excellent Czech restaurant called "Little Prague", which is on G Street between 3rd and 4th. I usually steer everyone I know to Little Prague... it's just *that* good!

Registered
    Nov 2002
    Well, I don't remember a good sushi place in town (not to say there isn't one). Of the unique and yummy places to eat, I would recommend a crepe place (I don't know the name!) just to the south of central park on 3rd Street or the excellent Czech restaurant called "Little Prague", which is on G Street between 3rd and 4th. I usually steer everyone I know to Little Prague... it's just *that* good!
    No three day weekend for me. I'll be in the office with all of the other monkeys.

The wife's birthday is Friday so I'll probably take her out for a few fru-fru martinis. We'll then stay up way to too late and then go to her parents house on Saturday for some good and heavy hunkie cooking ... Pork and sourkraut, mmmmmm.......

Registered
    Feb 2000
    I'll be having a beer at the 29 Steps. Visiting with DOD and others. Finish the book I'm reading and take in some of the high and low points of Green Bay by foot. All the time I'll be thinking about BA.

Registered
    Oct 2001
    Good lunch menu?

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jun 2004
    I have the holiday monday, but with next week's schedule, probably will be bringing work home, mainly editing which can be done on the laptop on the porch - weather permitting. Only one day in the office next week, Tuesday. Wednesday at a meeting in Worcester then off to Orlando to see Mickey on Friday and a karate tournament on Saturday.
    Planning is much like acting, as my old theater professor used to say, "If you sin, sin boldly, only you know if you are ad libbing." I follow this adage almost daily.

+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. plans this holiday weekend?
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 46
    Last post: 16 Jun 2005, 4:12 PM
  2. Holiday Weekend
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 60
    Last post: 21 Jan 2003, 1:03 PM
  3. Replies: 46