Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: timer for a hot tub

     
    Registered
    Oct 2004

timer for a hot tub

anyone know the reg's for installing a timer for a hot tub (where can i place the timer how long max time and so on) thanks!

Registered
    Feb 1998
    Congratulations on your first post! However, I cannot answer your question. Perhaps there is an electrical inspector among the crowd. Let us know when the hot tub is ready for a party.

Registered
    Jul 2002
    Quote Originally posted by mike gurnee
    Congratulations on your first post! However, I cannot answer your question. Perhaps there is an electrical inspector among the crowd. Let us know when the hot tub is ready for a party.
    Welcome, I second what Mike said, check with an electrical inspector on the location of the timer. As for how long, I don't think that is regulated. All the hot tub timers I have seen max out at 30 minutes. I think that is a personal decision and is basically more related to one's health and how long someone can boil without becoming over cooked.

Registered
    Jul 2002
    No inspector here but you know it's time to get OUT of the hot tub when your fingers and toes start "pruning."

Registered
    Nov 2002
    Call your local building code enforcement officer. They should know where to find the answer to that one.

And, welcome!
    All these years the people said he’s actin’ like a kid.
    He did not know he could not fly, so he did.
    - - Guy Clark, "The Cape"

Registered
    Mar 2004
    Blog entries

hmmmm

I've seen them placed about 3 feet from the edge of water and 3 feet above the deck. Some tubs have an automatic timer (20min.-30min.)
    "The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."
    John Kenneth Galbraith

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Cruises: First Timer
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 18
    Last post: 26 May 2009, 8:07 AM