Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Playing games wrong: AIB board games

Registered
    Feb 2004

Playing games wrong: AIB board games

When you were a kid (or even a grown kid) and played Monopoly who put all the fines in a kitty which one would win by landing on 'Free Parking'? How about getting paid $400 when landing directly on 'Go'? You DO realize there is no reference to either practice in the actual rules - yet it is a common house rule. Also, who put properties up for auction when someone declined to buy? Nope, I didn't either - yet the official rules say this IS what you're supposed to do.

I only had one sibling so my brother would always create a dummy hand (which you could peek at one card when it was your turn) when playing Clue and probably incorporated a hundred other made up rules with several games to make accomodation for two players playing a multi-player game.

Who else made up their own rules or played games 'wrong'?
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jan 2003
    Oh.. I always taxed the pay of others when passing go in monopoly And when falling in my property they paid extra interest
    Boy I played well :-P

PS: I always loved to move ships after the game started in Batteship LOL They never knew!

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Geek games
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 6
    Last post: 23 Sep 2011, 3:56 PM
  2. Board games
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 50
    Last post: 27 Dec 2009, 4:08 PM
  3. Card Games
    Friday Afternoon Club