Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Red Sox vs Yankees & the curse

Red Sox vs Yankees & the curse

As a devoted Red Sox fan I would like the Sox to win the World Series at least once before I go to the big ball park in the sky. They are now going to play the dreaded Yankees, that team owned by the Devil himself.

I need some advice from my distinquished colleagues, how do we end the curse on the Sox? That curse has prevented the best team in baseball from ever winning a World Series (with all due respect to the Cubs who have their own curse about a goat). Anyway what magic,voodoo, spiritual, sacrifice to the baseball gods action will end the curse!

Chrisinmd--but a Sox fans for life.

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Someplace between yesterday and tomorrow.
    Dig up the body of the Babe, and drop a piano on it, on home plate in Yankee Stadium.

Curse? Curse!?!?!

While I like the Sox and would love to see them win it all (since the Twins were eliminated), don't complian about a curse to this Milwaukeean. This Brewers team is more cursed than the Sox. We haven't had a winning season in over 12 years. We haven't made the playoffs since 1982. We battle for years and years to get a stadium built and 3 people die during the construction delaying the opening by 1 year. Now that we have a stadium, the roof leaks and the mechanical equipment that opens and closes needs replacement after just 4 years. Eveyone remembers the All Star Fiasco 2 years ago. This year the Brewers set the record for the biggest collapse by a team over .500 since the All Star Break.

The Cubs and Red Sox aren't cursed, they are just choke artists.
    "I'm a white male, age 18 to 49. Everyone listens to me, no matter how dumb my suggestions are."

- Homer Simpson

Registered
    Feb 2003
    Quote Originally posted by Repo Man
    Curse? Curse!?!?! ........ The Cubs and Red Sox aren't cursed, they are just choke artists.
    No way. This devoted Cub fan is not buying that argument. I'll say it one more time - the Brewers will always be losers until they quit trespassing in the National League. The Brew Crew is American League material all the way.....That's their problem - it's no curse, it's just a matter of logistics.....and the DH rule.

Here's my "curse killer" for the BoSox and their fans:

Have your players wear clean batting helmets, for crying out loud. What kind of good energy are you trying to promote by wearing those hideous things, anyway. Go for a fresh start, quit trying to tiptoe along on some "good mojo" that is supposedly hidden under three inches of bacteria-ridden pine tar....

Anyway, I will be rooting for the Sox to win it all.....sorry, I know that's not what you want to hear from a Cub fan....

I think our curse is actually the Selig family. Now that they have sold the team, maybe the curse will be lifted.

I agree that they are an AL team. I was excited about the switch to the NL but I miss playing the Yankees, White Sox, Red Sox, Twins, and Indians. (Yeah I know about interleague play but it just isn't the same)
    "I'm a white male, age 18 to 49. Everyone listens to me, no matter how dumb my suggestions are."

- Homer Simpson

Registered
    Feb 2003
    I think our curse is actually the Selig family.
    No argument from me on that one. Hey, what about missing playing the Tigers!

<snip> (Yeah I know about interleague play but it just isn't the same)
    Do not, I repeat, do NOT get me started on interleague play. The biggest bunch of horsesh@t MLB has ever come up with. And what's up with that idiot designated hitter rule? Pitchers are supposed to bat and that's that!

Give me the NL every day.
    On pitching to Stan Musial:
    "Once he timed your fastball, your infielders were in jeopardy."
    Warren Spahn

Registered
    Dec 2001
    I think the BoSox are not cursed as much as they are just stuck behind the "Bankee$"

After the way the BoSox handled the Angels.. I know they'll be in the WS this year.
    Dude, I'm cheesing so hard right now.

Registered
    Dec 2003

Red Sox Nation - Accept your fate!

The Sawx will NEVER beat the Yankees! (There, I said it!)

When Pedro Martinez refers to the Yankees as "My Daddy," you know he's already lost before he even takes the mound. When he starts Game 2 on Wednesday, there's gonna be 55,000+ Bombers fans giving him the biggest ration of $#!t you've ever seen!!! It might take all seven games, but some Yankee will rise up and put an end to Boston's season. I predict this year, a new Yankees hero will be added to this list: Babe, Bucky, Buckner (OK, he was a Sox, but he still managed to beat his own team), Boone, and now...Bubba (Crosby)!!!
    "There's nothing wrong with America that can't be fixed by what's right with America." - Bill Clinton.

Registered
    Mar 2004

The real curse....

Is for the rest of us poor BAST&@#$ that have to put up with crappy teams, year in and year out because of cheap owners or small markets..... (My primary team is Colorado Rockies-Secondary is Florida Marlins)

It would be great to see someone other than the Yankees at the top again this year...that's what was so great about the Marlins last year....
    Skilled Adoxographer

Cyburbian Emeritus Bear Up North's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003
    This Bear is a Detroit Tiger fan. The improvement we made in one (1) single year is considered one (1) of the all-time best improvements in MLB. We still have a long way to go......needing relief pitching more than anything else.

That being said, it is a RULE in the DETROIT TIGERS OFFICIAL RULES OF BASEBALL BOOK that the Yankees must be hated.

Go Bosox!

Bear Still At The Corner
    Occupy Cyburbia!

NIMBY asshatterer Plus Richmond Jake's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    Being from the left coast, I hate both of these teams equally. But like a local election in which I can't stand either candidate (it's happening here), I have to ask myself: who is the stupidest of the two that won't give my department any problems? huh....still thinking.

Also, it's gotta be NL baseball, Gedunker is absolutely correct about the AL game. Go Card's.
    RJ is the KING of . The One

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator NHPlanner's avatar
    Registered
    Apr 1996
    Sox in 6.

Cards - Sox World Series....flip a coin...gonna be a good one.
    "Growth is inevitable and desirable, but destruction of community character is not. The question is not whether your part of the world is going to change. The question is how." -- Edward T. McMahon, The Conservation Fund

Quote Originally posted by NHPlanner
    Sox in 6.

Cards - Sox World Series....flip a coin...gonna be a good one.

I'll go with that--

Registered
    Nov 2002
    I don't know if I'm mentally ready for another round of sox/yankees. I would also love to see Sox/Cards in the world series.

I've done my part by eating a container of Brigham's "Reverse the Curse" ice cream. God, that was a delicious way to change the team's fortunes.

Trading Nomar seems like a better move everyday. I'm starting to develop romantic feelings for Orlando Cabrera.

Registered
    Jul 2004

There is No Curse, The Sox won the World Series Five Times

1) The Red Sox were a dynasty in the early part of the 1900s with World Series victories in 1903, 1912, 1915, 1916, and 1918.

2) There is no curse. When then Sox owner Harry Frazee traded Ruth to NY, Henry Fordís anti-Semitic newspaper, The Dearborn Independent, perpetuated the thought of a curse on Boston due to Mr. Frazee. Ford claimed it was his Jewish traits that caused the Sox downfall as his greed caused him to trade Ruth. Of course this is all bull****. In addition, Mr. Frazee was not Jewish.

In summation Henry Ford is a cuca head and the Sox do not have to worry about a curse. Game on baby!!! Red Sox Nation!!!

Registered
    Nov 2002
    Minor setback . . . nothing to worry about . . . I'm sure Derek Lowe will be cool under pressure in Game 5

Registered
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally posted by Seabishop
    Minor setback . . . nothing to worry about . . . I'm sure Derek Lowe will be cool under pressure in Game 5
    ...if there is a Game 5.
    "There's nothing wrong with America that can't be fixed by what's right with America." - Bill Clinton.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. The curse of (at?) Windows
    Information Technology
    Replies: 6
    Last post: 10 Jan 2005, 3:42 PM
  2. Kerry Wins, Yankees Lose!
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 5
    Last post: 21 Oct 2004, 8:54 AM
  3. Replies: 24
    Last post: 02 Sep 2004, 1:49 PM