Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: AICP application form

AICP application form

Here is a silly question...I'm reviewing the AICP app form and considering completing the app for 2002. As I review it I see they would like 'additional sheets' attached for additional info. My question is do most people just complete all their job info on addtional sheets or actually type in their info on the actual app form. See, told you it was a silly question...but inquiring minds would like any input anyone has.

Registered
    Sep 1999
    I applied online. There, I had enough room to write what I needed. In addition, you don't have to fret about it getting lost in the mail, or delayed for any reason.

Where does it say attach additional sheets?
    Last edited by NHPlanner; 21 Nov 2006 at 12:36 PM.

How tough do they evalute these applications? I have a BA in Geog and at the submission deadline I'll have 3.5 years experience when I need 4. Will they let me in?

     
    Registered
    Apr 1997
    AICP rejected my co-worker because they didn't have the total required experience at application, even though they would have the total experience by test time. Seems like they are pretty strict about that issue...good luck.

Yeah, I was TWO MONTHS short at application time, but they were strict--it has to be at application time, not test time. You might as well wait.

Screw it, I'll lie and tell 'em I got 4 years. I've got a promotion and a fat ass raise waiting for me if I become AICP.

Registered
    Feb 1998
    After making that statement, they will check everyone now. I appreciate your candor, but your professional ethics are questionable.

Lighten up Gurnee, learn to take a little sarcasm you dummy! HA

Seriously, I am going to apply (my company will pay the 50 buck app fee) and I'm confident that I'll convince the pea brains at AICP that I'm qualified to take what sounds like an easy test. 150 multiple choice questions? c'mon! AICP (Any Idiot Can Plan) is an easy way to slap a title next to my name and more dough- that's what it's all about. Good day.

Registered
    Feb 1998
    Hey also, you caught me on a bad day. Seems to me that experience to the time of test should count rather than at the application. good luck with the APA bureaucrats

Registered
    Sep 1999
    Sorry, also.... I don't beleive any idiot can plan. I've worked with a few.

FL planner- you sure seem to screw around on the internet all day- no doubt a government bum. You pop up all over these message boards, don't you have work to do? I wonder if you're AICP. If you are, then it's proof that Any Idiot Can Plan. Get your ass to work and quit contributing to government waste. Many planners need their internet connections disabled like FLplanner sure does. Are you counting down until 4:30 when you go home? You might as well sleep on the job.

Wow, what a post!! "also applying" might also be some one else on these boards. Anyone see the recent discussion on How Much Do You Get Paid? There was a rude and belligerent person there, too. Both had similar IP addresses:

208.40.xx.xx

Is this the same individual?

Where is Dan when you need him?

It's too bad alot of you don't recognize good sarcasm and humor now and then. I tell it like it is, and maybe the truth is painful.

I welcome your comments at bpbg2000@yahoo.com

We all need to vent and laugh every day, and since we're all using nicknames it's nothing personal. Just relax a bit everybody.

For all interested....I ended up attaching additional sheets to the AICP application. Just wrote "see attached sheet A" on the application form for each question. Got it mailed today. Lots of studying to do before May!!!

also applying.... aren't you the pot calling the kettle black?

"also applying" is also "I hate planning" and "I guess my BA is worthless". Makes one wonder why you are "also applying"?

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. AICP Application
    Career Development and Advice
    Replies: 11
    Last post: 10 Jun 2013, 7:24 PM
  2. Need some help with the AICP application
    Replies: 1
    Last post: 07 Jan 2013, 1:09 PM
  3. AICP exam application help