Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: When to start again, AIB "...the Chase"

Registered
    Aug 2001

When to start again, AIB "...the Chase"

Some of you know that I just experienced the termination of a very long term relationship. A hard fall and I still hurt (yes, still angry, too).

I'm not currently looking but I don't see myself living the rest of my life alone and can see myself with another person at some point. So my question is this: when do I know I'm ready to get back into the dating game and start a relationship? When will I know that if a person says "no" to a cup of coffee, a glass of wine, or a date that I won't hurt again then crawl into a shell never to re-emerge?
    Annoyingly insensitive

Registered
    Feb 2003
    I know this might not help answer your question, but I am a fan of the saying. "you'll just know".

This is my philosophy on just about everything in life. Who to date, marry, where to live, work, 'go' what to buy, drive, eat...

Kinda silly, but I believe these things cant be 'totally' planned (ironic, huh?), and that there needs to ba a lot of 'gut' feeling to the when, where, why, what & how...

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Having been through a traumatic break up with my ex-wife (but without the anger), H is right IMHO. You'll know when you're interested, and when they are interested too.

Hang in there cowboy.

Registered
    Dec 2003
    When is the time?

As soon as the Tuna gets down there and we embark on the fishing tour

BOT: The time is right when you know its right. No matter what anybody says, only you will know. Sure, take people for their guildlines, but come to your own conclusion in the end.

You may be wrong, or you may be right. Reguardless of the situation, it was your choice. Correct or repeat process afterwards, preferably with a round of fishing

So RJ, I hear your hiring.
    A guy once told me, "Do not have any attachments, do not have anything in your life you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you spot the heat around the corner."

Neil McCauley (Robert DeNiro): Heat 1995

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Thanks H, Chet,, I appreciate the responses. I sorta know that it's up to me when it's time. Yes, RT, we're hiring. Check the Kiosk where I posted our County's HR site. And fishing is good. Fishfest? As soon as I take the time to figure out how to post pix, I'll provide the evidence.
    Annoyingly insensitive

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator NHPlanner's avatar
    Registered
    Apr 1996
    I think H and Chet are on the mark. You'll know. Been through the whole divorce thing myself in the past year.....and when I least expected it, Planner Groupie came into my life. It just felt right, and obviously, things have progressed from there (Wes is probably going to be induced next week)......

Hang in there....it does get better.
    "Growth is inevitable and desirable, but destruction of community character is not. The question is not whether your part of the world is going to change. The question is how." -- Edward T. McMahon, The Conservation Fund

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 0
    Last post: 18 Apr 2013, 5:10 PM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last post: 14 Sep 2011, 8:38 AM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last post: 25 Jun 2007, 10:39 AM
  4. Replies: 10
    Last post: 23 Aug 2005, 12:19 PM