Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Cyburbia Weightfest Thread

     
    Registered
    Jun 2004
    Um had a bagel and spaghetti last night for dinner, my poor body is going to go into shocj from that many carbs at once. And let me tell you I woke up with a monsterous headache this morning, I can only imagine it is from the food....
    Back on today and back to the gym today. (Well, I have been going to the gym, just not the 6 days a week like before, I am probably only getting there 3-4 times...no weight gain, just not feeling as good...)

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by Jaxspra
    Um had a bagel and spaghetti last night for dinner, my poor body is going to go into shocj from that many carbs at once. And let me tell you I woke up with a monsterous headache this morning, I can only imagine it is from the food....
    Back on today and back to the gym today. (Well, I have been going to the gym, just not the 6 days a week like before, I am probably only getting there 3-4 times...no weight gain, just not feeling as good...)
    Yeah, I have a day like that every once in awhile. On Father's Day it was fish and chips, and ice cream. The ice cream was my first foray into real sugar, and it was brutal. I had a huge canker sore the next day... obviously my body has problems processing sugar. I'll stay away from that for awhile now! I went to a barbeque on Saturday (a tailgate party actually) and then to a football game... had a hamburger on a real bun, cheetos and beer. Still lost a pound and a half that week. I'm learning how to splurge every once in awhile, but then get right back on plan the next day. It's awesome.

And cch... that's great that you are sticking to South Beach! The first two weeks are the hardest, and then after that it gets much easier. After a few months you'll understand how different foods affect your body, so you can work yummier foods into your menu. It's all about experimenting and find what works for you. There is a great forum I go to when I need help: forum.lowcarber.org ... lots of great people there. Good luck!

Registered
    Mar 2006
    After a week and a half on SB I became the sickest I remember ever being. I couldn't keep anything down. I'd even take a couple sips of water and have to puke it up. I don't blame the diet, though... my little girl was throwing up all over me a couple nights earlier. Our family fell victim to some stomach bug, but on phase one of SB you aren't suppose to have any fruit = no vitamin C, and my immunity was probably down. I became so dehydrated and weak, I had to say "screw the diet" for a couple of days. I ate some cereal and some onion rings and lots of popcicles. Now I'm better, but I ended up just loosing 10 lbs. total in the first two weeks, and now I've been stagnent for a few days.

Registered
    Oct 2000
    Woo hoo! I'm at my pre-pregnancy weight, and have maintained that for about a month.

My next goal (after all our birthday hoopla is over - twins today, my birthday Saturday, DH next thursday) is another 5.

At my last Dr. appt, my GP commented that I was looking "lean", and at a subsequent visit, I had an ekg that had some "abnormalities" that were completely expected for "Someone like you...thin, who runs a lot." THIN! Woo hoo! a medical verdict that I'm "thin". hee! i need to go to the doctor more often!

nerudite - i'm just so proud of you - and so happy to hear you so proud of and happy with yourself!

Registered
    Mar 2004

Yumm

I just ate a salad for lunch.....I've been doing that a bunch lately......we'll see if it goes anywhere...... I lost about 10 pounds while moving my stuff in 110 degree heat......but now I'm back at the desk.....gaining it back......
    Skilled Adoxographer
    I have two emotions....Silence and Rage

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by Downtown
    nerudite - i'm just so proud of you - and so happy to hear you so proud of and happy with yourself!
    Thanks so much! I'm getting A LOT of encouragement from co-workers that are also doing South Beach, or just cheering me on in general. I don't go a day now where someone doesn't ask how much I've lost or comment on how great I'm looking. It really helps with the attitude too... I think I had a rough few years there, and it's nice to have the lighter outlook on life as well as the smaller waistline. I'd say I'm about halfway to the ultimate goal, but I'm feeling so good now that it doesn't matter how long it takes to get to that final point (whatever it is!).

And a big congrats to you on taking off the baby weight. I know a lot of gals that struggle with this for years and years! Keep up the good work

Registered
    Aug 2001
    This week has been bad. For instance, today's lunch: fried grouper sandwich with French fries. Get home from work and I'm not very hungry. So for dinner, I have the last piece of key lime pie. And now I'm polishing off the raspberry vodka that ZG brought up last weekend. Now that I think about it, that's pretty much the complete food pyramid. Anyone disagree?

Good thing Iíll be leaving work early tomorrow.
    Annoyingly insensitive

Registered
    Sep 1999
    Quote Originally posted by RichmondJake
    And now I'm polishing off the raspberry vodka that ZG brought up last weekend.
    Excuse me? That stuff was good!

Well, just feed me non-carbo stuff when I'm there next.

I am still a S Beach devotee. I can lose 3 lbs in a week which is what I need to do right now! Except I have to go to a family dinner Sunday with all carb foods. Ack.

Registered
    Oct 2001
    I've been on my "diet" for about two months now. It's more of a change in eating habits than a diet. With a few deviations (Like the on per month ACE... After Council Exception), I don't eat or drink anything but water after 3:00 Mon-Thu, and after 5:00 Fri-Sun.

I checked about a week and 1/2 ago, and had dropped 25 pounds. I'm also back into my old jeans...
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    C'mon and get me you twist of fate
    I'm standing right here Mr. Destiny
    If you want to talk well then I'll relate
    If you don't so what cause you don't scare me

Registered
    Sep 2001
    I have pretty much stabilized at 176 lbs (80 kg).

Now to gain muscle, while maintaing this weight. Don't want to gain too much bulk, as most of my new clothes would not fit then.
    Too lazy to beat myself up for being to lazy to beat myself up for being too lazy to... well you get the point....

Registered
    Aug 2001
    This morning the scales disclose that I'm 171 lbs. Six more pounds to go and I'll be very happy.
    Annoyingly insensitive

Registered
    Aug 2001
    I sported a swimsuit this weekend and didn't send children shreiking. That can't be too bad!

I was able to keep up with the kids all weekend, and even out-hiked them. Take that! So I feel much better, and that's half the battle. I stepped on the scales this morning, and now I'm down by 54 lbs. About halfway to my ultimate goal.

     
    Registered
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally posted by nerudite
    I sported a swimsuit this weekend and didn't send children shreiking. That can't be too bad!

I was able to keep up with the kids all weekend, and even out-hiked them. Take that! So I feel much better, and that's half the battle. I stepped on the scales this morning, and now I'm down by 54 lbs. About halfway to my ultimate goal.
    CONGRATS, CONGRATS, CONGRATS!!! Girl that is such a good thing to hear and made me so happy for you this morning!!! Its a lit of hard work!! Your almost there!! Swimming suits are the true test!!

I had a few suits from last year and vowed not to buy another until I lost the last 20, but I broke down and did it a few weeks ago. Its so wierd to grab the wrong size over and over. I still reach for the large and/or x-large, nope doesnt fit .

I havent been so great about working out or watching my carbs, just watching what I eat and staying active. Took a 15 mile bike ride yesterday afternoon (I know that may not be far for the real riders around here but its good enough for me) and then hiked a bit in the evening (with a date ) so, while I may not be hitting the gym I am enjoying outdoor activity.

Nerudite - congrats again that is such a great accomplishment and so much healthier for you!!!

Registered
    Mar 2006
    I sported a swimsuit this weekend too... first time since having my daughter. And it was a two-piece... alright it was a tankini, but a little tummy showed none the less. I'm at a lull after loosing 10 lbs. on south beach, but even though my weight hasn't gone done in a week I'm feeling better about my body than I did a week ago. I'm glad I got to finally take my daughter to the pool, and she loved it. Before starting the diet I was on the verge of buying a skirted swimsuit, but I really didn't want to give in and give up.

Registered
    Oct 2001
    My clothes are beginning to fit again! I have been cutting back on the food somewhat, and increasing the exercise. Last month, I was hurting big time, all my clothes were getting very tight and uncomfortable. Now, much better over the last two weeks or so.

The problem is that I was getting so out of control binge-wise. On the other hand, the extra weight was not "normal," so once I got the binging somewhat under control (a wedding party this weekend didn't help), the weight began melting off, too.

The challenge is to take this trend and run with it-getting myself down to my actual ideal weight. I'm not 19 anymore, or even 35, so carrying all the extra weight is bad. I would love to be able to (cycling) climb like I did five years ago (Death Ride).

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Downtown
    Here's my tip of the week:

Wear a pedometer.
    My wife snagged one from work. I logged 14k steps today at work. It was a moderate day in the field. I'll bet I can hit 20k on a good day.

     
    Registered
    Jun 2004
    Got back to the gym last night for the first time in 2 weeks!! Well, I have been doing a lot of excercise outside instead of at the gym but it was nice to focus on specific muscles. I am a little nervous, I woke up with an aching back, almost like I strained it..I am praying it stops aching. Last time I hurt myself I was unable to work out for weeks....

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by Jaxspra
    Got back to the gym last night for the first time in 2 weeks!! Well, I have been doing a lot of excercise outside instead of at the gym but it was nice to focus on specific muscles. I am a little nervous, I woke up with an aching back, almost like I strained it..I am praying it stops aching. Last time I hurt myself I was unable to work out for weeks....
    I missed this post. I hope you are doing okay!

Well, I hit the halfway mark today! 55.2 lbs gone, 54.8 to go. Well, at least to my goal on paper... I really have no idea if I need to lose all of that, or if I need to lose even more. I guess I'll know more later. But at least I made to what I think is my halfway point.

     
    Registered
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally posted by nerudite
    I missed this post. I hope you are doing okay!

Well, I hit the halfway mark today! 55.2 lbs gone, 54.8 to go. Well, at least to my goal on paper... I really have no idea if I need to lose all of that, or if I need to lose even more. I guess I'll know more later. But at least I made to what I think is my halfway point.
    I must have just pulled it, I am feeling fine. Went to the gym a few times this weekend and back on Atkins for a few weeks. I have 13 more to go for my first goal, then its on to the second!!! I have lost 37 pounds since January and my goal was 50. After that I think I am going to try for another 10 and then the last 10 if I make it.
    Congrats on your 1/2 goal! Thats so awesome, you must feel great, I know I feel better. Getting into a swimsuit doesn't give me an anxiety attack anymore (well, once in a while when I am standing next to my best friend thats about 102 pounds and runs marathons ) but other than that I am feeling much better!! Keep going! You've got a big fan club here

Registered
    Feb 2000
    I've lost 10 pounds in the last 6 weeks..... it's called the unexpected break up diet.
    "And all this terrible change had come about because he had ceased to believe himself and had taken to believing others. " - Leo Tolstoy

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    I have eaten fairly well, but I have had a similar workout pattern of a hibernating Kodiak bear.
    Due to unbridled and ceaseless stress that had come with the job these days, I have maintained my weight.
    Except this last weekend with company in town. No more garlic sausage for me!
    You get all squeezed up inside/Like the days were carved in stone/You get all wired up inside/And it's bad to be alone

You can go out, you can take a ride/And when you get out on your own/You get all smoothed out inside/And it's good to be alone
    -Peart

Registered
    Sep 2001
    Quote Originally posted by Budgie
    I've lost 10 pounds in the last 6 weeks..... it's called the unexpected break up diet.
    That combined with the endomorphs of meeting that special person (well they seemed special at teh time) are the 2 best diets I have found.
    Too lazy to beat myself up for being to lazy to beat myself up for being too lazy to... well you get the point....

Registered
    Feb 2000
    Quote Originally posted by donk
    That combined with the endomorphs of meeting that special person (well they seemed special at teh time) are the 2 best diets I have found.
    Well, at this rate, I'd need to break of with someone every month and a half remaining in the year to reach my football playing weight. Jaxspra broke my heart last week, so maybe that will keep me going.
    "And all this terrible change had come about because he had ceased to believe himself and had taken to believing others. " - Leo Tolstoy

     
    Registered
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally posted by Budgie
    Well, at this rate, I'd need to break of with someone every month and a half remaining in the year to reach my football playing weight. Jaxspra broke my heart last week, so maybe that will keep me going.
    Ha ha ha...a break up is the best way to drop a few pounds...
    Years ago, before I was married, the ex and I broke up (should have learned my lesson then ) and I lost around 30 pounds in a few weeks. It was a horrible feeling, I couldn't eat for anything. Don't have that problem anymore

Registered
    Aug 2001
    I was bad over the past weekend. I gained 2 lbs. Climbing back on the South Beach immediately.
    Annoyingly insensitive

+ Reply to thread
Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 20 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 16
    Last post: 20 May 2013, 7:10 PM
  2. Cyburbia Angels (Motorcycle Thread)
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 37
    Last post: 17 Aug 2009, 8:16 PM
  3. 2008 Cyburbia Awards Thread
    Friday Afternoon Club