Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Cyburbia Weightfest Thread

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by RichmondJake
    I have a strong urge for linguini and clams tonight. Butter, cream, garlic, olive oil. The pasta would blow the diet into the next county.
    Have you tried soybean pasta? Believe it or not, it's quite tasty!

Registered
    Sep 1999
    I am polishing off the last of the white wine, then I gotta be very good. Late Sept, FL APA conference is at the beach! Back on s beach tomorrow. Maybe I'll have some bread tonite....

RJ is booked into a boutique hotel where you can't even wear a t-shirt walking thru the lobby to the beach. Or a baseball cap on your way in, to hide your wet hair. Women have to wear a dress (no sandals!?) in the dining room. I may be out shopping for new clothes and I'd like to go down a size. I have never before stayed at a hotel with a "public areas" dress code!

NIMBY asshatterer Plus Richmond Jake's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by Zoning Goddess
    .... Late Sept, FL APA conference is at the beach!.....

RJ is booked into a boutique hotel where you can't even wear a t-shirt walking thru the lobby to the beach.
    Not even a t-shirt? I guess that creates a more uncomfortable situation for you (unless you're breastfeeding)? We'll walk fast to and from the elevator.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Blew it. Just blew it today. I baked a home made pizza. It will take me two more days to finish. The only good point was the crust was 1/2 whole wheat.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    I went out for greek food tonight, had way too many carbs. And red wine. Mmmmm... but the hummus and pita were great... and the spanakopitta. Good thing I painted the house today... worked off some of those calories!

Registered
    Mar 2006
    After one month on SB and I've lost 15 lbs. My husband has lost 30! But he's been running every other night, between 3-4 miles at a time, and he had more to lose than me. I'm just doing my pilates DVD a few times a week. Once we got into phase 2, we started cooking some really yummy stuff in the 30 minutes meals cookbook. Last night we had chicken quesadillas, made with whole wheat tortillas, cheese, scallions, chicken (I buy the pre-grilled chicken strips.. they are a real time saver), avacado and salt and pepper, with salsa on the side. MMM MMM, they were so good. For dessert every night we have diet ice cream bars, made by Blue Bunny. They have turtle and rasberry cheesecake flavors. They are so good. I can't believe we are losing weight, while eating things that are so yummy. It is so much easier to do a diet like this when your spouse is doing it too. But, I do crave popcorn every once in awhile. And today at work someone brought banana bread to snack on, and someone else brought ears of sweet corn for us all to take home. I'm gonna have to pass. My co-workers have been complementing me on my will-power.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Great job cch!!!! And great job for hubby! It's nice to have two losers working together So are you guys going to reward yourself for work well done? (I get a reward each 20 lbs... 1 lb more till the next one!)

I'm doing great... haven't lost in two whole weeks, but I've been doing great on activity level and exercise. My clothes are practically hanging off me.

I wish we had better second hand stores and thrift shops around here. It's hard to spend so much money on clothes that you are just going to shrink out of soon!

Registered
    Sep 2001
    Quote Originally posted by nerudite
    I wish we had better second hand stores and thrift shops around here. It's hard to spend so much money on clothes that you are just going to shrink out of soon!
    What with all of the maritimers in ALTA, there is not a frenchy's?
    Too lazy to beat myself up for being to lazy to beat myself up for being too lazy to... well you get the point....

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by donk
    What with all of the maritimers in ALTA, there is not a frenchy's?
    Nope, no such luck.

I swear, I've probably spent $1000 on clothes in the last few months that I can't even wear anymore. A lot of them are not easily altered either. Grrrr.

     
    Registered
    Jun 2004
    Nope, no such luck.

I swear, I've probably spent $1000 on clothes in the last few months that I can't even wear anymore. A lot of them are not easily altered either. Grrrr.
    I know how you feel. All my damn jeans are too big on me and I cannot afford new ones right now My suit jackets look like they swallowed me. I have bought a few new things but I have the last 15 to go and want to wait as long as I can before I buy anymore....

Congrats by the way!! Keep it up!

Registered
    Oct 2000
    Quote Originally posted by Jaxspra
    I know how you feel. All my damn jeans are too big on me and I cannot afford new ones right now My suit jackets look like they swallowed me. I have bought a few new things but I have the last 15 to go and want to wait as long as I can before I buy anymore....

Congrats by the way!! Keep it up!
    i hear you. i'm so screwed when the weather changes, if i haven't hit my ultimate target by then - my work pants just bag right off my rear. I've been getting through this summer in dressy capris and flowy summer skirts.

really though - i can think of worse predicaments!

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Anybody have an objection if I include dried Italian salami in the fresh fruit group?

Registered
    Sep 1999
    Quote Originally posted by RichmondJake
    Anybody have an objection if I include dried Italian salami in the fresh fruit group?
    No fruit for you, S Beach boy!

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by Zoning Goddess
    No fruit for you, S Beach boy!
    No strawberries on Sunday? I like strawberries. With sparkling wine.
    Boy? Haha; I don't care who you are, that's funny.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    If you are going to splurge on fruit, strawberries are a good choice at least. Low in sugar, high in fiber. It's my favourtie phase 2 fruit. The champagne is probably worse for you in the SB diet. Strawberries dipped in dark chocolate is heavenly if you really have a sweet tooth.

Registered
    Oct 2001
    I appear to have lost enough weight....

that I could.....

wear a Evil, Horrible Masculine Noose Again!!!

(i.e., my shirt collar now closes easily, so I can wear a necktie again.)

Of course, munchiong down a ton of ice cream won't help. I did take my dogs, even the old crickety one hiking both evenings, so...

Registered
    Oct 2000
    BKM - congrats!

My brother is coming in a month, and he is the total epitome of the Gym being the gay man's church. I haven't seen him since christmas, so i'd really like to drop another 5 lbs before he gets here, putting me 20lbs lighter than he last saw me.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Ugh... I've been totally falling off my diet this past week or two. I just can't get my act together (everything from not making lunches to not walking). I'm getting back to it this weekend for sure. The last two weeks wasn't worth the two pounds I gained

Registered
    Oct 2000
    Ugh... I've been totally falling off my diet this past week or two. I just can't get my act together (everything from not making lunches to not walking). I'm getting back to it this weekend for sure. The last two weeks wasn't worth the two pounds I gained
    My yoga mamas group is pulling together a pedometer competition. We divide up into teams, each throw $10 into the kitty, and then log our steps over 10 weeks. Winners take all. I'm looking forward to it.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by Downtown
    My yoga mamas group is pulling together a pedometer competition. We divide up into teams, each throw $10 into the kitty, and then log our steps over 10 weeks. Winners take all. I'm looking forward to it.
    That's a good idea. I'm hoping to start yoga sometime as well... we have gym in our neighbourhood at the Jewish Community Centre that we are hoping to join, but that will probably be during the fall once the snow starts flying. I actually had a pedometer at one point, but it was a piece of crap. Anyone have good tips for finding a decent, inexpensive pedometer?

Registered
    Mar 2006
    Over the weekend I tried following yoga on a FitTV program, called Namaste Yoga, but I had trouble keeping up, since it was all new to me. I'm pretty sure even if I were keeping up and doing all the poses right I still wouldn't really feel it in my muscles. I love doing Winsor Pilates. In only 20 minutes I really feel a burn in my tummy (my trouble area), and I can tell I'm toning up.

I'm with you all on the clothing issue. I've had to buy some belts, just to keep my pants from falling off of me at work. I had to cave in and buy a couple capris, in a size I haven't worn for about 4 years. I just hope I can keep the weight off so they don't turn into a waste of money.

To the SB dieters out there, you really have to get the 30 minute cookbook. I can't say enough good things about this book. Everything in it is so easy and yummy. We had the black bean dip recipe the other day, with chips made from whole wheat tortillas, and we couldn't believe how good it tasted. The chips were a little on the rubbery side, but they still were a real treat given what we usually get to snack on.

Registered
    Oct 2000
    Anyone have good tips for finding a decent, inexpensive pedometer?
    Here's what I have and I've been really happy with it. Very accurate. I am a wee bit obsessive about my pedometer. After the twins were born, I wore it 24/7 - so that I could track how many steps I was walking at 2am to calm a baby down. Even now that the twins are sleeping through the night, I still don't bother to take it off at night since I wear it clipped to my underwear so that it won't show at work.

Registered
    Jul 1998
    Quote Originally posted by Downtown
    I still don't bother to take it off at night since I wear it clipped to my underwear so that it won't show at work.

LOL.... This could be funny.... You could use it to gauge your, you know, activity level.......
    “As soon as public service ceases to be the chief business of the citizens, and they would rather serve with their money than with their persons, the State is not far from its fall”
    Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Registered
    Oct 2000
    Quote Originally posted by giff57
    LOL.... This could be funny.... You could use it to gauge your, you know, activity level.......
    but that would necessitate keeping the pedometer ON, which would probably be detrimental to my "activity level".

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    So... is the ANY time a beer can be consumed during South Beach?

What if I did the meals with my GF, but had a beer every now and then.

Wine only might not work.
    You get all squeezed up inside/Like the days were carved in stone/You get all wired up inside/And it's bad to be alone

You can go out, you can take a ride/And when you get out on your own/You get all smoothed out inside/And it's good to be alone
    -Peart

+ Reply to thread
Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 22 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 16
    Last post: 20 May 2013, 7:10 PM
  2. Cyburbia Angels (Motorcycle Thread)
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 37
    Last post: 17 Aug 2009, 8:16 PM
  3. 2008 Cyburbia Awards Thread
    Friday Afternoon Club