Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Cyburbia Weightfest Thread

Registered
    Feb 2002
    Quote Originally posted by Jaxspra View post
    I must have been having a good day when I wrote that. Although its true, I have been having a difficult time following my own advice. I can't get out of bed anymore either and its not for lack of sleep. I don't want to get up, I dont want to excersice. Sunday I laid on the couch ALL day, not exaggerating, ALL day. That is not who I am, I have a TON of energy, never stop going but the past 6 weeks have been a nightmare for me, something I have never experienced and something I cannot control, for the first time, excersice is not working for me either. Good luck and you are right, stop complaining (or finding excuses) and get up and do it...will your daughter sit in a wagon???? Its not that comfortable for you but it may get her used to riding?? what about a bike with a seat or her own bike??? That may work too....
    Isn't that funny how some days it is so easy to be positive and then others it is so hard! No, wagons won't work either. She will ride for about 100 feet and then wants to pull them herself. We have a bike w/ a burley and she does ok in that. She has a bike, but can't reach the peddles, so we don't make it past our property line. I love taking her outside and playing with her, but I just can't expect to have that be my "exercise" for the day. I need to just seriously take the 1/2hour to hour for myself.

Thanks! Oh yes, she gives me mucho compliments everyday! She has lost weight, too, so that's great, but I won't talk about it, ya know how ladies are about their weight. She looks great!
    Hell ya we want to talk about it if we are losing!! Just make sure to give her compliments and tell her how great she looks! (Of course then, us silly women would wonder if we really looked *that* bad before! You can't win for losing!)

Registered
    Mar 2006
    My husband told me that people he works with have been complimenting him on his weight loss. I told him no one I work with has said anything. He pointed out that it is because I work with guys, and they are afraid to comment on a woman's weight, even if it is good, cause it might sound like they thought the woman was overweight to begin with.

I ate a big slice of ice cream cake and a cookie (I just had to try one after baking them, before sending them with my daughter to daycare, for her birthday treat), and I ate some DiGiorno's wheat crust pizza and I still lost 2 lbs. in one week. I'm blown away. I've been on SB for about 10 weeks now, and at my daughter's birthday party I did try a little slice of the supreme Pizza Hut pizza we had there for our guests, and I practically had to spit it out cause it tasted so salty to me. It was like just salt and grease on a crust. I asked my mom if she thought it was extra salty, and she didn't think so. It is like my tastes are changing to where unhealthy things don't even taste good to me anymore. Except, the ice cream cake did taste pretty darn good.

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally posted by cch View post
    My husband told me that people he works with have been complimenting him on his weight loss. I told him no one I work with has said anything. He pointed out that it is because I work with guys, and they are afraid to comment on a woman's weight, even if it is good, cause it might sound like they thought the woman was overweight to begin with.
    I would also wonder if they are concerned that it might be taken as "making a pass at you" (which could get blown way out of proportion and become "sexual harassment" )

Registered
    Aug 2001

Progress So Far...

I didn't have a really good 'start' photo, so I'll just use the one from the Denver Cyburbia Alefest. This is NHPlanner and me after we had down a few.

And here is the photo from when I went to Tool a week or so ago. I'd say I've lost about 50 pounds since Denver, maybe 55. I am still technically 'obese' according to national guidelines for my weight (about two pounds to go to be under that mark). So it is slightly embarassing putting this up here. But I do feel I've come a long way, and I'm feeling comparatively healthy. Still have about 40 or 50 lbs to lose to get to 'healthy' again, according to national BMI standards.

Registered
    Sep 1999
    Quote Originally posted by nerudite View post
    I didn't have a really good 'start' photo, so I'll just use the one from the Denver Cyburbia Alefest. This is NHPlanner and me after we had down a few.

And here is the photo from when I went to Tool a week or so ago. I'd say I've lost about 50 pounds since Denver, maybe 55. I am still technically 'obese' according to national guidelines for my weight (about two pounds to go to be under that mark). So it is slightly embarassing putting this up here. But I do feel I've come a long way, and I'm feeling comparatively healthy. Still have about 40 or 50 lbs to lose to get to 'healthy' again, according to national BMI standards.

Nerudite, you look great! You have way more will power than me. Congrats.

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    Nerudite You look fabulous dahling.....keep up the great work!
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Registered
    Sep 2001
    I didn't have a really good 'start' photo, so I'll just use the one from the Denver Cyburbia Alefest.
    That is a big change since we met in Halifax.

You look happier and more at ease.
    Too lazy to beat myself up for being to lazy to beat myself up for being too lazy to... well you get the point....

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Thanks everyone... I do feel a lot better since losing some of the weight. As to being more relaxed... well, I was going to a concert and I already had a drink in me

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    Looking good, Nerudite!

I actually went to the gym this morning and checked the scale. I am below 220# for the first time ina long while. Kind of nice to see that. (And I even ate cookie the night before... )
    You get all squeezed up inside/Like the days were carved in stone/You get all wired up inside/And it's bad to be alone

You can go out, you can take a ride/And when you get out on your own/You get all smoothed out inside/And it's good to be alone
    -Peart

     
    Registered
    Jun 2004
    Fabulous! Absolutly fabulous!! Congratulations on all of your hard work! Keep it up or not, you look fantastic and should be very, VERY proud!!!!!

Registered
    Mar 2006
    Nerudite, you look like a different person. Wow, you're doing a great job. And I read the other day that the BMI standard is outdated and useless, according to doctors today.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Update: Lost 19 pounds in 4 weeks while on WW! Woo-hoo!

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Aug 2006

On being my own worst enemy. . .

Hi, everyone! I am new to cyburbia, and you all sound like such nice people, I thought I'd throw my 2 cents in here.

I'm not trying to lose a huge amount of weight (20lbs. will get me to a healthy BMI) but I just keep sabotaging myself. I know how to cook and eat well, I know I need to get off my arse and go for a swim or a jog, and I know that I will feel so much better if I do. I am just a happier person when I am active. But, jeez, do I wallow and procrastinate. It's like I just do enough to avoid gaining weight, rather than losing it.

My husband is a wiry 140lbs. and he does literally hundereds of pushups every day for exercise (he helpfully reports the daily total to me, as in "I only did 350 pushups today, I'll do better tomorrow"), and actually asks me if I can tell he's lost some weight. The guy has a great body, and it drives me a little bit nuts that he is that vain/insecure. I mean, I weigh considerably more than he does. . .

So while he is supportive of me making healthy choices, he can't really join me on a diet. Plus, he has been known to wax eloquent on the topic of willpower. Sometimes I do feel that he is judging me, though he also says lots of nice things.

I am really inspired by the dedication you guys have to keep going even when you hit a rough spot. I'm going to go eat a healthy breakfast and wash my sports bra so I don't have an excuse not to run. Wish me luck!

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    My new pedestrian lifestyle is having an impact. However since both of my scales were left behind in the move I have to judge in other ways.

-We committed to eating in 6 days a week and not allowing chips, ice cream and the like.
    -I walk to school after taking the bus into the main part of campus. It's about 3/4 of a mile from the drop off point. So 6 miles walked this week.
    -I will be walking to work everyday beginning next week which is 1/2 mile away.
    -My blood sugar levels are as close to normal as they have been for 2 years!
    -The swelling is gone from my feet!
    -A pair of pants I wore yesterday were roomier than when I wore them before the move.

Everyone keep up the great work!
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    I have moved to, and I'm still on the fourth belt loop. This is good.
    You get all squeezed up inside/Like the days were carved in stone/You get all wired up inside/And it's bad to be alone

You can go out, you can take a ride/And when you get out on your own/You get all smoothed out inside/And it's good to be alone
    -Peart

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    Had my first official insured doctor's visit today. Went over everything and scheduled various tests, followups, etc....hopped on the scale and I have lost 6 pounds since I came to NJ two weeks ago!

NIMBY asshatterer Plus Richmond Jake's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    I haven't been good. But the menu at Bistro Jake this weekend eliminates all the wrong things. It's the trip over to Apalachicola for lunch Sunday that could mess things up.
    Wait...Sunday? Football !!! awwwwww!!!!! But then we should be back in time for the Sunday night game.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Good job everyone (except RJ! )... I've been having a hard few weeks and have packed on a few pounds. I'm going back to phase I south beach tomorrow to break the carb habit. Hard stuff man

     
    Registered
    Jun 2004
    Good job everyone (except RJ! )... I've been having a hard few weeks and have packed on a few pounds. I'm going back to phase I south beach tomorrow to break the carb habit. Hard stuff man
    I am with ya, girl!! I put on about 8 pounds. I lose them and find them right back. I need to get my arse in gear and go back to the gym. I am just so damn depressed the past 2 months or so, I cannot bring myself to do anything!!! If I went to the gym I know the depression would lesson....vicious cycle!!!
    Good luck on Phase 1, and good luck to me getting to the gym!!!

BANNED
    Registered
    Mar 2006

Diets Don't Work

http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=die...&cop=&ei=UTF-8

http://www.amazon.com/Diets-Don-Work.../dp/0942540166

My Mother used this book and overcame her obesity but died shortly thereafter in 1991 at age 77.

I have a problem keeping my waist under 36 inches; that is the healthy limit for all males - I recently heard that on the radio. I recall being 30" in my youth. I still weigh about the same 155lbs at 5'-9". I started doing the "daily dozen" of Jack LaLanne and some Kung Fu exercises about 1975 but have not done so regularly for several years; however the waistline has seldom gone below 34" in the past 20 years; I can still button that size but it is too tight to be comfortable. I just try to eat less of the same foods, viz., kosher health foods preferably organically grown fruits and vegetables. I enjoy good food as much as anyone and I probably could get fat if I didn't watch myself even though I never have been obese.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Hey bud, we're all here trying to do something good for ourselves and you come in here telling us that a book will make us skinny (and die shortly thereafter)? I gotta tell you, it's NOT APPRECIATED. Go bugger off, eh?

Registered
    Sep 1999
    I went back on Ph 1 of South Beach on Sunday and haven't screwed up yet. I have to manage 10 more days before going to the FL APA conference! LadyBuc and I are also walking during our breaks. It may not contribute much to the weight loss, but it sure feels good to be up and moving around.

BANNED
    Registered
    Mar 2006

O.k.

Quote Originally posted by Wanigas? View post
    Hey bud, we're all here trying to do something good for ourselves and you come in here telling us that a book will make us skinny (and die shortly thereafter)? I gotta tell you, it's NOT APPRECIATED. Go bugger off, eh?
    I read you. Maybe you misread me; or what? I don't think it was the book that did it. I think it will do someone some good.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by Zoning Goddess View post
    I went back on Ph 1 of South Beach on Sunday and haven't screwed up yet. I have to manage 10 more days before going to the FL APA conference! LadyBuc and I are also walking during our breaks. It may not contribute much to the weight loss, but it sure feels good to be up and moving around.
    Good for you! I've also been walking on breaks with my co-workers... which helps a lot! I started Phase I today (after going out and blowing it last night with a Permanent Residency celebration dinner). Can't wait to see the photos from the Flaefest... I bet you are looking good!

NIMBY asshatterer Plus Richmond Jake's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    .... Can't wait to see the photos from the Flaefest... I bet you are looking good!
    Are you talking about before and after bikini pictures?
    RJ is the KING of . The One

+ Reply to thread
Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5 14 15 16 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 16
    Last post: 20 May 2013, 7:10 PM
  2. Cyburbia Angels (Motorcycle Thread)
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 37
    Last post: 17 Aug 2009, 8:16 PM
  3. 2008 Cyburbia Awards Thread
    Friday Afternoon Club