Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Cyburbia Weightfest Thread

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally posted by RichmondJake View post
    Are you talking about before and after bikini pictures?
    Last thing I want to see is RJ in a bikini. However, it might make for an interesting caption contest.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Are you talking about before and after bikini pictures?
    Heh... hey, if she wants to show skin, I have nothing against it!

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Well, after two days on Phase I, I'm back down 10 lbs. Just goes to show that it WAS water weight that I gained. The bloaty feeling is gone, so that's good. I'm going to stick to Phase I for the rest of the week though, just to try to get off the carb creep that was ocurring.

Registered
    Sep 1999
    Oh heck, I blew it today with eggs benedict on biscuits, and home fries. I have to have a bagel tomorrow morning (getting dropped at the airport by RJ on his way to work, early....), then I'll be good.

NIMBY asshatterer Plus Richmond Jake's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    Tipped the scales at 174 lbs again this morning. No movement. Frustrating. I'm thinking fettuccini alfredo tonight.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    begining tomorrow, i'm going on a liquid diet for the next several days...gotta lose a few tons before the marco island conference. i been bad.

my right shoulder hurts tonight. don't know why.

Registered
    Sep 1999
    Bad, so bad. I can give up almost anything, but plain bagels with cream cheese are my downfall. I just had to have one tonight. Not a South Beach food. I would not even keep them in the house except my kid likes them.

Registered
    Dec 2003
    my right shoulder hurts tonight. don't know why.
    Off-topic:
    You've been jaking it to hard. Lay off of it for a while so you don't develop a rash
    A guy once told me, "Do not have any attachments, do not have anything in your life you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you spot the heat around the corner."

Neil McCauley (Robert DeNiro): Heat 1995

Registered
    Mar 2006
    Originally posted by ZG:
    Bad, so bad. I can give up almost anything, but plain bagels with cream cheese are my downfall. I just had to have one tonight. Not a South Beach food. I would not even keep them in the house except my kid likes them.
    The cream cheese should be fine, better if it is low-fat. And try looking for some whole-wheat bagels. I've never looked for them, but I'm sure they are out there somewhere. I've learned to love sugar-free preserves and Smart Balance Spread with whole-wheat, low carb toast.

I'm sure this is TMI, but one downfall to losing weight is that my butt seriously gets sore after sitting in a car for more than an hour. Even sitting in my chair here at work... there just isn't the padding that use to be there to protect my butt bones.

I've lost 22 lbs. total now on SB, and it has been about 4 months. I've been at a lull for the past 3 weeks, though. I don't think my body will allow me to lose more, so I guess now it is about toning up what I've got.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Seven weeks in, and I've lost a total of 30 pounds! YES!

Registered
    Feb 2002
    Quote Originally posted by Wanigas? View post
    Seven weeks in, and I've lost a total of 30 pounds! YES!
    That is awesome!! Good job!

Registered
    Sep 1999
    Thanks RJ. For the key lime pie, the margaritas, the bread dipped in oil (OK, that one was my idea....), the champagne and eggs benedict (OK, that one was my idea, too...), the potatoes.

I'm afraid to get on the scale after this weekend....

Registered
    Aug 2001
    ^ If it makes you feel any better, I gained 2 lbs. after last weekend.
    You could show some more will power.....

Registered
    Sep 1999
    ^ If it makes you feel any better, I gained 2 lbs. after last weekend.
    You could show some more will power.....
    OK, next time I'm out, I'll tie you up and not let you near any food. Work for you?

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by Zoning Goddess View post
    OK, next time I'm out, I'll tie you up and not let you near any food. Work for you?
    Off-topic:
    ummm...well....ahhh. I think I'll respond off-line.

Is it me, or did it suddenly become very warm in here?

Registered
    Oct 2001
    I've backslid ovber the past two weeks. The heavy lunches and a bit less exerecize for a variety of reasons. My pants were slightly tight again.

I just hate tuna sandwiches at my desk. Still, I cannot keep doing Indian buffet, or heavy mexican food.

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by BKM View post
    I've backslid ovber the past two weeks. The heavy lunches and a bit less exerecize for a variety of reasons. My pants were slightly tight again.

I just hate tuna sandwiches at my desk. Still, I cannot keep doing Indian buffet, or heavy mexican food.
    Indian is ok depending on what you eat. Stay away from the cream and nut based (korma, makthani) saucy dishes and too much rice and go easy on the naan/roti style bread. Whole wheat chapatis or a dosa is better. When I went to India all I ate was everyday type Indian food for a month and I lost 23 pounds and no I was not sick at all.
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

     
    Registered
    Jun 2004
    I never should have opened this thread!! I just started to try to get back on track and here you all are talking about Indian food...once I think about it or get it in my head its a craving I canNOT stop....guess I know what I'll be having for lunch!! Thanks a lot!!

Registered
    Aug 2001
    I had a wonderful weekend... and ate way too much. Last week, I didn't cook dinner once (between birthdays and night meetings). It's all caught up with me and I've totally gained wait. I feel awful. Back to Phase I tomorrow!

     
    Registered
    Jun 2004
    Welp, I gained 8 of the 35 pounds I lost. I do not have the time to get to the gym anymore so I bought a Tony Little Gazelle Elite last night (off Craigslist, what a GREAT thing!!) and I brought it home and worked out for the first time in about 3 months. Didn't take long for me to feel it. But at least its in the house, in the middle of my bedroom (so I cannot ignore the thing!) and I am getting back on track!! Oh, AND freezing my gym membership for 6 months to see if I really use the thing...so I will also save some $$$ and get to stay home with the boys

How's everyone else doin on thier weightloss????

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Well, not so great for me either. I gained about 10 pounds total of the 60 I lost (and now have taken off 2 from that). I feel AWFUL... it's crazy how much of a difference 10 pounds make. People say they don't notice, but I sure do!

I'm going down to see friends in Portland in about four weeks, so I want to take off the other 8 lbs by then, if possible. At least I'm keeping up the walks at break time!

     
    Registered
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally posted by nerudite View post
    Well, not so great for me either. I gained about 10 pounds total of the 60 I lost (and now have taken off 2 from that). I feel AWFUL... it's crazy how much of a difference 10 pounds make. People say they don't notice, but I sure do!

I'm going down to see friends in Portland in about four weeks, so I want to take off the other 8 lbs by then, if possible. At least I'm keeping up the walks at break time!
    You are SO right!! I feel fatter right now than I did 35 pounds ago!!!!! I was really getting sick of getting on the scale and it seemed I just wanted to eat more! Some of it was depression, I recently got on an antidepressant (Welbutrin) and it doesn't have the side effects of several others. I actually have noticed a decrease in appetite the past 2 weeks (and perhaps it will help me quit smoking!!). So, I have finally gotten off my butt and am trying to do something!! 10 pounds does make a difference, BUT look at the brightside - we took all that weight off the first time, 10 shouldn't be too hard!!!!

Good luck!!!

Registered
    Sep 2001
    Quote Originally posted by nerudite View post
    Same here, I have gained about 8 lbs since startying school and don't like it. My pants are binding on my stomach and I feel gross.

Time to modify eating habits and not succumb to cravings and empty calories.
    Too lazy to beat myself up for being to lazy to beat myself up for being too lazy to... well you get the point....

Registered
    Mar 2006
    For you SBers out there, there is a new cookbook of party and holiday meals. We just bought it, haven't cooked anything out of it yet, but a lot of it looks super yummy. They actually have different cobbler desserts, and pumpkin pie (made with whole-wheat philo dough sheets) Can't wait to give that one a try, and it is phase 2! They also have different party snacks in there, and altered traditional dishes, like green beans and sweet potatoes.

I reached my goal (went from 150 lbs. to 125 lbs.) a couple weeks ago, and now I am testing the waters, so to speak, to see how much crappy stuff I can eat before I gain weight. That is what I'm telling myself I am doing, anyway. There is halloween candy all over the office, and I can't resist. Plus, I ate a cheeseburger from McDonald's this weekend, and I ate a McDonald's apple pie last week, and I've been getting onion rings from Burger King about once a week. Hasn't affected me, though. I'm still always eating SB stuff for breakfast and supper, and drinking only diet pop and tea.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by cch View post
    I reached my goal (went from 150 lbs. to 125 lbs.) a couple weeks ago, and now I am testing the waters, so to speak, to see how much crappy stuff I can eat before I gain weight.
    Congratulations... that's awesome! I really need to get back on track. I keep blaming it on stress, but it's probably just being lazy... all that prepping just isn't happening lately!

+ Reply to thread
Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6 15 16 17 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 16
    Last post: 20 May 2013, 7:10 PM
  2. Cyburbia Angels (Motorcycle Thread)
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 37
    Last post: 17 Aug 2009, 8:16 PM
  3. 2008 Cyburbia Awards Thread
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 28