Urban planning community | #theplannerlife

+ Reply to thread
Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Cyburbia Weightfest Thread

Registered
    Sep 1999
    Quote Originally posted by Jaxspra View post
    How's everyone else doin on thier weightloss????
    Ack. Last weekend at RJ's, I had bread (at the wine tasting), potatoes (twice), cheesecake and key lime pie (my fault, ate the cheesecake the night before RJ planned to serve it, so we bought another dessert... ), had white wine and sparkling wine and margaritas (boy, that sounds bad, huh?...). I'm afraid to get on the scale.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    ^^-----Hehehehe...even after finishing the leftover key lime pie, I've dropped two pounds since last weekend...172 lbs...that was this morning after I...never mind, TMI...

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Ten weeks in, and I've lost a total of 40 pounds! Hell yeah, I'm gettin' skinny!!

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by Wanigas? View post
    Ten weeks in, and I've lost a total of 40 pounds! Hell yeah, I'm gettin' skinny!!
    Dayum! Way to go!
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Registered
    Aug 2001
    I just stepped on the scales: 172 lbs. Damn.....

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    I went to the doctor today to follow up on my recent test results and I hopped on the scale......I have lost 16 pounds since moving to NJ on September 1st!
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    The old 4th belt loop is getting tighter... better lay off the Hallow's Eve candy..
    You get all squeezed up inside/Like the days were carved in stone/You get all wired up inside/And it's bad to be alone

You can go out, you can take a ride/And when you get out on your own/You get all smoothed out inside/And it's good to be alone
    -Peart

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by Wanigas? View post
    Awesome! you must be feeling great! Not too much further to go?

Quote Originally posted by kjelsadek View post
    I went to the doctor today to follow up on my recent test results and I hopped on the scale......I have lost 16 pounds since moving to NJ on September 1st!
    Excellent! How is the blood sugar and everything doing? Although I didn't have problems initially, my doc noted that all of my blood tests were better than before I started the program. Hopefully your bloodwork will be as good to you as the scale!

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by nerudite View post
    Excellent! How is the blood sugar and everything doing? Although I didn't have problems initially, my doc noted that all of my blood tests were better than before I started the program. Hopefully your bloodwork will be as good to you as the scale!
    My A1C test came in at 6.1 which is the lowest its been in 2 years

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    Quote Originally posted by kjelsadek View post
    My A1C test came in at 6.1 which is the lowest its been in 2 years
    CONGRATS !
    Q. do you self test at least 3x a day like I do ?

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by nerudite View post
    Awesome! you must be feeling great! Not too much further to go?
    I'm still working on it! I should lose another 40 pounds, but if I can knock off just another 25 by spring, I'll be looking mighty fine!

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Congrats, Wanigas?. I'm still looking to drop another 10 pounds. I'd feel good about that.

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by JNA View post
    CONGRATS !
    Q. do you self test at least 3x a day like I do ?
    Yep....in the morning when I get up, 2 hours after lunch, and 2 hours after dinner. I am sure we have matching fingers

     
    Registered
    Jun 2004
    Of all mornings to see this thread active
    C'mon guys its the morning after halloween!! I got on the scale this morning (still ok, not good though) and it was in kg instead of pounds...I kept thinking the front number was broken and I weighed about 10 more pounds that unusal nt the case, someone changed the damn thing on me....

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by Jaxspra View post
    Of all mornings to see this thread active
    C'mon guys its the morning after halloween!! I got on the scale this morning (still ok, not good though) and it was in kg instead of pounds...I kept thinking the front number was broken and I weighed about 10 more pounds that unusal nt the case, someone changed the damn thing on me....
    If it was in kg instead of pounds and it was almost the same number, you weight a lot more than the last time you stepped on the scale.

I did really well yesterday, until hardly anyone showed up for trick or treating and I was left with a huge bag of candy. I think I ate four or five pieces. But that was all I've eaten since the beginning of the Halloween festivities about a week ago, so that's not *that* bad.

Registered
    Mar 2006
    Dang secretary at work has had a basket of halloween candy at the front desk all week. But I've been eating a lot of the dark chocolate kisses out of there, which aren't too bad for ya. And yesterday I actually weighed 1 lb. less than last week. My little girl went trick-or-treating last night, got way more candy then she'll be able to eat (she's only 2), so I had to relieve her of some of it. Plus, there was some hard candy in her bag that I didn't want her getting a hold of. I'm in the maintenance phase of SB right now, so I'm testing the waters to see how much I can indulge before the weight starts packing back on.

Congrats to kjelsadek and Wanigas! Keep it up, you can do it!

Registered
    Sep 1999
    Quote Originally posted by cch View post
    Dang secretary at work has had a basket of halloween candy at the front desk all week. But I've been eating a lot of the dark chocolate kisses out of there, which aren't too bad for ya. And yesterday I actually weighed 1 lb. less than last week. My little girl went trick-or-treating last night, got way more candy then she'll be able to eat (she's only 2), so I had to relieve her of some of it. Plus, there was some hard candy in her bag that I didn't want her getting a hold of. I'm in the maintenance phase of SB right now, so I'm testing the waters to see how much I can indulge before the weight starts packing back on.

Congrats to kjelsadek and Wanigas! Keep it up, you can do it!
    I found that Reese's Peanut Butter Cups were a good SB choice for a treat.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    I took all my leftover candy to the office this morning. None at Chateau Jake. Rumpy and chickenwing will eat it up.

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by Zoning Goddess View post
    I found that Reese's Peanut Butter Cups were a good SB choice for a treat.
    I celebrated Halloween with two of them

Registered
    Mar 2005
    I am proud to say I've had no halloween candy yet , but I did come home from the gym last night to munch on cheese and crackers (at least I didn't skip the gym to come home and munch, right?).
    How do I know you are who you think you are?

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    Headline from the printed Louisville Courier-Journal:
    Professor offeres food for though
    Cornell researcher studies the psychology behind mindless munching

AP Wire service article link: http://www.newsday.com/news/health/w...alth-headlines

Highlights:
    After years of sometimes unorthodox research, Wansink argues that a good way to lose weight is not by obsessing over carbs or banning trans fats, but by addressing dietary "hidden persuaders."

"So much of the answer lies not in counting calories, not in legislating, but in the middle range of what we can do by changing some of our own habits,"

On the Net:

http://foodpsychology.cornell.edu/

http://mindlesseating.org/

     
    Registered
    Jun 2004
    Got back on the bandwagon last week (no carbs) and FINALLY hit the gym today!!! Whhhoooohhoooo (I must confess, my incentive to go to the gym is that I found out a guy I met/like works out there in the middle of the day ) so I am stalkin him (just a little bit!!) AND getting somethin good out of it for

did I really just admit I am stalkin someone ????

Registered
    Aug 2001
    I'll never figure this out: I stepped on the scales this morning and lo and behold, I lost one pound over the weekend.

Registered
    Aug 2001

WHo needs a scale when I got my two fingers for the pinch test.

I tend lose my appetite when visiting relatives in the windy city. But the day after Turkey day, we went out for italian in one of those places where they have 20 Italian waiters fresh off the boat ready to serve you. Bread, olive oil fresh parmie, red wine, salad the size of Rhode Island and pasta pasta pasta. I had eggplant parmigiana. I was only one at the table who did not bring home leftovers

Registered
    Aug 2001
    I'm maintaining right now... which is fine for me, because I've been eating pretty crappy. I'm hoping to start up with South Beach again after the holidays. Still holding on to the 60lbs I lost so far though.

+ Reply to thread
Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7 16 17 18 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 16
    Last post: 20 May 2013, 7:10 PM
  2. Cyburbia Angels (Motorcycle Thread)
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 37
    Last post: 17 Aug 2009, 8:16 PM
  3. 2008 Cyburbia Awards Thread
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 28