Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Cyburbia Weightfest Thread

     
    Registered
    Jun 2004
    I am obviously talking about starting a diet this week, so NO I did not meet my goal of 25 pounds by Memorial Day weekend. In fact I have gained weight...I quit working out when I hurt my shoulder and have slowly but surely been hiting the gym 2-3 times a week for the past month...want to get back to my 5 days a week...got my motivation back and am starting all over again...

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    I'm heavier than I have ever been... despite working in the yard for long hours in 100 degree heat...

Gotta start being more active.
    You get all squeezed up inside/Like the days were carved in stone/You get all wired up inside/And it's bad to be alone

You can go out, you can take a ride/And when you get out on your own/You get all smoothed out inside/And it's good to be alone
    -Peart

Registered
    Jul 2003
    I have no idea what I weigh as I no longer own a scale.

Registered
    Sep 1999
    Quote Originally posted by Michele Zone
    I have no idea what I weigh as I no longer own a scale.
    I tried that, but every time I went to the doctor, they made me weigh in. Ack.

Registered
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Jaxspra
    In fact I have gained weight...I quit working out when I hurt my shoulder and have slowly but surely been hiting the gym 2-3 times a week for the past month....
    I know how you feel - I sprained my ankle this winter and put on tons of weight! It was awful. By the time I could exercise again outside, I was so out of shape that it depressed me and I gave up. Finally I went on vacation and walked and hiked almost every day. I came home and was able to fit back into some clothes and the pants and skirts that wouldn't go up past mid-thigh before now I can at least try on even though they are tight. although most were still tight. Now I just try to walk everywhere I can to keep up my energy level. Gardening doesnt seem to do it for me - I need to walk long distances like 4-5 times a week.
    urbanchik

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally posted by Zoning Goddess
    I tried that, but every time I went to the doctor, they made me weigh in. Ack.
    It has nothing to do with...any kind of "wieght loss philosophy" or whatever. I have thrown away nearly everything I owned previously. I am replacing only absolute essentials. A scale is not an absolute essential. Less crap means less to clean too. (Why do you think I am running across old letters from "dumbass" politicians?)

Ironically, I have slimmed down dramatically, having nothing to do with "fat"...and I don't think I want to post my "nutty" comments on that topic to such a public forum, sigh.

Registered
    Dec 2004
    Since December, I've lot 10 pounds and 3% body fat. Talk about SLOWWWWWWWWWWW burn.

Registered
    Mar 2004
    I've been trying to lose for the last few years. I've joined a fancy health club and started the South Beach Diet for a while there was dropping weight. Unfortunately I was also losing muscle, and my goal is to be in better shape. Not having muscle mass is not a goal. Now I have some obsactles to my weight loss and if I was better at time management, I'm sure I could overcome many.

Basically I now have a very strong, fit body, but am carrying an extra 30 lbs on my 6'5" frame. If I could drop it I'd be thrilled, but these days my time is devoted to helping my parents and to work, little time left for cardio and figuring out a lower calorie diet I can live with (which is what I need to help shed some of those pounds).

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    I started thinking about this whole weight thing. I was under 200# when I was playing hockey in college, now I am well over 200#.

On the way home last night, I popped by the rink in my new town... and picked up a flyer for the winter beer leagues.
    You get all squeezed up inside/Like the days were carved in stone/You get all wired up inside/And it's bad to be alone

You can go out, you can take a ride/And when you get out on your own/You get all smoothed out inside/And it's good to be alone
    -Peart

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Someplace between yesterday and tomorrow.
    I am 5'10' 175lbs with 9% body fat.

My goal is to get to 200lbs while maintaing the 9%.
    Not my monkey, not my circus. - Old Polish Proverb

Registered
    Oct 2001
    Well. my sweet tooth remains out of control, sadly. I get enough exercise, but the preference for tons of sweets will kill me in the end. I've been bicycling some this summer, but not enough to overcome the junk food. Hence, that's why I'm fat.

I just hate the idea behind the Atkins Diet and all that, but my insulin response system is probably so screwed up that something like that would be the only solution. I lack the discipline, though.

Post surgery, my weight seems to be staying at or near 168 lbs -- a little light on a 6'1" frame, but I feel pretty well, so I'm not complaining.

Plus, my 33" waist shorts fit comfortably again, so that's good
    On pitching to Stan Musial:
    "Once he timed your fastball, your infielders were in jeopardy."
    Warren Spahn

Registered
    May 2005
    I'm currently 6'0 and about 220........About a year ago I was down to almost 200 by limiting sweets and beer with very little exercise. Then I started a job search and when I'm stressed I tend to eat more. Hence the 220. I've been at my new job for three months and will be moving into the city so I'll be walking a lot more. I'd like to get down to 190.
    "I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

Cyburbian Emeritus Bear Up North's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003

Scale That Scale

Although not as anal on the Weight Watchers point counting, still doing the lunch that is either a grilled chicken strip salad or a Subway 6-inch chicken sandwich. Now losing weight at the rate of about a pound a month. That's fine.

This 6-1 (almost 6-2 if I don't slouch) Bear has your traditional large frame. My weight is now just over 230......down from about 265 earlier in the year.

Katie kids me because my pants are so baggy. (Some of the weight I lost was in my butt......and I never and a real butt, anyway. Most of my weight is in stomach, torso, and upper legs.)

Dropped another size in pants, too!

Gotta go again. Gotta eat something.

Bear
    Occupy Cyburbia!

Registered
    Sep 2001
    I've gained almsot 3 kilos (8 lbs) in the past 3 weeks. Too much tavelling, too many lunch/dinner meetings. Hope my new jeans stretch like the salesgirl says they will.
    Too lazy to beat myself up for being to lazy to beat myself up for being too lazy to... well you get the point....

Registered
    Jul 2002
    The trials of weight loss...

Right now I am 6'0" and 255 lbs. My guess is that I'm about 30%-32% body fat, so I'm chunky. Ideally I'd like to be 210 or 215 with 10%-12% bodyfat.

I used to think all that stuff about maintaining your weight after age 35 or 40 was a myth, but it's become pretty true for me. I was regularly active and weighed 205-210 five or six years ago, and then started having regular 10-15 lb. jumps -- 220 for most of 2001 and 2002, 235 for 2003, 245 for 2004, 255 this year.

I really need to exercise more, but just don't have the same motivation.

     
    Registered
    Jun 2004
    If I have to eat another piece of meat or cheese think I may very well YACK!!! this diet is killing me...but I am droppin pounds so its so hard to think about quitting....never thought I would get sick of cheese this quick....
    guess I'll go have a side of a cow for dinner this evening...

Registered
    Sep 1999
    If I have to eat another piece of meat or cheese think I may very well YACK!!! this diet is killing me...but I am droppin pounds so its so hard to think about quitting....never thought I would get sick of cheese this quick....
    guess I'll go have a side of a cow for dinner this evening...
    I feel your pain. No bread, rice, etc for 10 days now, but have lost 4 lbs. (Probably would have lost more if I'd cut out the red wine... ). My dinner tonite is tacos without the shells. I will cheat this weekend because RJ will be here and we gotta have those Eggs Benedict, but then it's back to S Beach!

     
    Registered
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally posted by Zoning Goddess
    I feel your pain. No bread, rice, etc for 10 days now, but have lost 4 lbs. (Probably would have lost more if I'd cut out the red wine... ). My dinner tonite is tacos without the shells. I will cheat this weekend because RJ will be here and we gotta have those Eggs Benedict, but then it's back to S Beach!
    Did the taco thing yesterday for lunch...and yes the alcohol is my problem too...too many bourbons and diet...even though there are no carbs it still says I shouldn't be drinking....now to just find something for dinner...last night had scallops wrapped in bacon (mmmmmm) those were good...but the choices seem to be getting slimmer and slimmer each day!!!!! Good luck, dont cheat too bad this weekend!! I am sure the Eggs Benedict are worth the carbs though

Quote Originally posted by RichmondJake
    LOL. I've heard the deed called plenty of things (a topic for a new thread? , just kidding Mods), but that's a colloquialism that I haven't heard before. Anyhow, I just printed my boarding pass, I have a couple things to do here at the house, and then it's off to the airport. My next post will be from central Florida.
    Wasn't that a song a long time ago?????
    More than likely those are just the words I thought were the lyrics to a song but I really thought it was a song......
    Last edited by Tranplanner; 30 Jan 2006 at 8:19 AM.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    So I have confessed to having too much to drink last night and staying out way too late...what I didn't confess to was falling down in the parking lot on the way to the car..well I busted up my hand (my left hand, which of course is the one I use 95% of the time ) and it is getting sorer by the minute...
    Ouch! Hope you feel better! Are you allowed to drink on Atkins? Have you been a bad girl?

     
    Registered
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally posted by nerudite
    Ouch! Hope you feel better! Are you allowed to drink on Atkins? Have you been a bad girl?
    No, but at least they were bourbon and diets
    The worst part is I didn't go to the gym last night and know there is NO WAY I am goin tonight (I cannot wait to snuggle up on the couch with the boys and watch cartoons ) ...that puts me at only 2 nights so far this week...looks like I will be spending lots of my weekend at the gym all for one night of drinking and bruisin myself up pretty good

Registered
    Aug 2001
    No, but at least they were bourbon and diets
    The worst part is I didn't go to the gym last night and know there is NO WAY I am goin tonight (I cannot wait to snuggle up on the couch with the boys and watch cartoons ) ...that puts me at only 2 nights so far this week...looks like I will be spending lots of my weekend at the gym all for one night of drinking and bruisin myself up pretty good
    Well, you picked good drinks at least. And hey... with only two drinks and you're getting loaded, just think how much you saved on liquor! Almost makes up for that freezer full of meat.

     
    Registered
    Jun 2004
    Well, you picked good drinks at least. And hey... with only two drinks and you're getting loaded, just think how much you saved on liquor! Almost makes up for that freezer full of meat.
    Your not kidding, 200$ at the grocery store the other day!!! And thats just for me and two little ones!! I think even when the ex lived at home we weren't spending that much on groceries...but we ate a lot of stuff in boxes and prepared food...much less expensive than buying all the ingredients to cook something that taste good...had shrimp last night, mmmmm, mmmmm its a good thing I can eat seafood or I may very well have blown this diet by now!!
    And speaking of liquor, I have noticed since being on this diet a) I cannot drink as much (VERY good thing), b) I get drunk much quicker and c) the hangover last a lot longer than it used to and it really takes it out of me....learning that not drinking keeps me feeling MUCH better...I wonder if it has to do with have no carbs in the body to absorb the alcohol?? I don't know but I do know I won't be consuming as much alcohol in the future, I still feel a little crappy today (and I was in bed at 8 last night)

Registered
    Aug 2001
    So those that wanted to lose weight this year... how's it going?

I started South Beach on January 5, and so far I'm down 25 lbs. I'm loving the diet, and I feel so good (lots of energy). Dropped two sizes so far too, which is getting difficult because none of my clothes fit quite right.

Just wanted to check in to see how everybody is fairing and to cheer you all on.

Super Moderator luckless pedestrian's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2005
    So those that wanted to lose weight this year... how's it going?

I started South Beach on January 5, and so far I'm down 25 lbs. I'm loving the diet, and I feel so good (lots of energy). Dropped two sizes so far too, which is getting difficult because none of my clothes fit quite right.

Just wanted to check in to see how everybody is fairing and to cheer you all on.

wow, that is amazing! I have heard good things about that diet!

my thyroid just got checked again and I'm way off so they are upping my dosage of levoxyl - woo hoo

Lent starts this week and I'm giving up chocolate - so that's good for about 10 pounds

I would like to lose 15 this year but I need to lose 30! That 3rd baby, plus now being over 40 does you in - wow

To the younger set in this place - take heed and stay in shape!

+ Reply to thread
Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 16
    Last post: 20 May 2013, 7:10 PM
  2. Cyburbia Angels (Motorcycle Thread)
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 37
    Last post: 17 Aug 2009, 8:16 PM
  3. 2008 Cyburbia Awards Thread
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 28