Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Game 7

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator NHPlanner's avatar
    Registered
    Apr 1996

Game 7

OK....I admit it....I had given up on my Sox after Game 3.......but after 3 straight nights with little sleep, and a near heart failure on several occasions......I think they may actually pull this thing off.

Anyone outside of NY and New England following this series? Been the best baseball postseason series I've seen since 1986.....
    "Growth is inevitable and desirable, but destruction of community character is not. The question is not whether your part of the world is going to change. The question is how." -- Edward T. McMahon, The Conservation Fund

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Oh yeah! Go Boston! I am enjoying this series!

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Someplace between yesterday and tomorrow.
    I liked the NYC Riot patrol sitting along the sidelines on the field. I was just thinking that it could go bad if someone hit a ball and it rolled under them, and they blocked the way of the player.

Tonight will be a great game. GO BOSTON!

Some say that tonight will be the most watched (on tv) sporting event ever. Do you think it will get to that point?

Registered
    May 1997
    I just wish they'd start the games at like 6:00 EST. I am so sleep-deprived.

I'm too worried about my Cardinals

Mrs. G and I watched the game last night. A-Rod's ridiculous effort to swipe the ball out: when I saw it live I missed the swipe and thought it was just like the Sox to have something like that happen. Glad the umps got it right. Go Sawks!

Keeping fingers crossed on both hands.
    On pitching to Stan Musial:
    "Once he timed your fastball, your infielders were in jeopardy."
    Warren Spahn

Registered
    Feb 2000
    Quote Originally posted by Wanigas?
    Oh yeah! Go Boston! I am enjoying this series!
    This is one of the best series I think I've ever seen. It is extremely rare for a team to come back from 3 games down, especially needing to win the last 2 on the road. It amazes me how players rise to the occassion during the playoffs. Even after a long season, Schilling was on the top of his game against a Yankees line up that has all-stars batting 1 through 7. It's disgusting that a team can have existing or former all-stars from top to bottom of the line up.

The SOX will pull it off.

I hope.

Registered
    Apr 1996
    Quote Originally posted by Budgie
    Schilling was on the top of his game against a Yankees line up that has all-stars batting 1 through 7. It's disgusting that a team can have existing or former all-stars from top to bottom of the line up.
    Listening to sports radio from Boston on the way to work this morning.....what they did with Schilling's ankle was amazing.....

The tendon kept snapping back into place in game 1. What they did for last night's game was instead of stabilizing the tendon where it's supposed to be, they immobilized the tendon by keeping it intentionaly out of place (stitched towards the front of his foot). Wow....the guy has some guts to go for that!

Forgot to mention....and Planner Groupie can back me up on this....I called Bellhorn's HR before it happened. I said something to the effect that it would be ironic if Bellhorn hit a 3 run HR after the struggles he's had in the series and the double play in the second inning.....next pitch....HR! Unfortunately my "calling" of plays didn't work after that.....
    "Growth is inevitable and desirable, but destruction of community character is not. The question is not whether your part of the world is going to change. The question is how." -- Edward T. McMahon, The Conservation Fund

Registered
    Feb 2000
    Quote Originally posted by NHPlanner
    I called Bellhorn's HR before it happened. I said something to the effect that it would be ironic if Bellhorn hit a 3 run HR after the struggles he's had in the series and the double play in the second inning.....next pitch....HR!
    Only in Yankee Stadium would the umpires be unsure about it being a tater. It was so obvious, but they felt like they had to discuss it. I've called homers before, sometime you just get that feeling -- call it intuition.

Registered
    Nov 2002
    No team in baseball history has forced a game 7 after being down 0-3.

Did A-Rod look like a bratty little leaguer or what? Wouldn't you put little Timmy on the bench for that play?

I don't know whether to be more worried if the Sox are winning or losing going into the 9th inning. They have been so good at coming from behind, but also good at losing the big games in the most gut-wrenching ways. Maybe we can get Steve Bartman to sit in the front row at Yankee Stadium for good luck.

Registered
    Mar 2004

Go Sox....

I'm so tired of the Yank's (800 pound gorilla's in the baseball markets) Johnny Damon is NO GOOD....His fielding sucks (just like Man Ram) and he has no bat.....FIRST GUY TO GO next season.... Boston MUST get Carlos Beltran from Houston next year....no matter what the cost....then dump Damon onto some poor unsuspecting team....like my Rockies....

Having vented that.....GO SOX....at least until they meet up with the Cards...
    Skilled Adoxographer

Registered
    Apr 1996
    The only thing missing from last night's game was hearing The Standell's Dirty Water after the last out.

Registered
    Aug 2001

Quote Originally posted by Seabishop
    Did A-Rod look like a bratty little leaguer or what?
    PRIMA DONNA ALERT

This reminds me!!

Remember when Roberto Alomar played for the Orioles in 1996 and spit on an umpire? Then during the ALCS against the NY Yankees, his team lost?

The irony!! A-Rod is playing for the Yankees this year. Two Prima Donnas, two lost ALCS?!!!! Say it will be true!!!

OMEN!

Registered
    Jul 2004

Thank You!

I would like to thank the Cyburbian community for its support of the Sox. A special thanks goes out to Sox supporters from other parts of the Country and World.

Registered
    Dec 2003

The Yanks will prevail in Game 7!!!

Hey, hate to burst your bubble, Red Sox Nation, but it ain't gonna happen. Your season ends tonight and the curse will live on. Unlike Boston fans, Yankee fans NEVER give up on their team!!!
    "There's nothing wrong with America that can't be fixed by what's right with America." - Bill Clinton.

Registered
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally posted by nuovorecord
    Hey, hate to burst your bubble, Red Sox Nation, but it ain't gonna happen. Your season ends tonight and the curse will live on. Unlike Boston fans, Yankee fans NEVER give up on their team!!!

Registered
    Nov 2002
    Hatespeech!

I'm sure hardcore Yankee fans will stick with them no matter what. But there are a lot of Yankee cap-wearers across the country who like them because they "always win." Here's hoping these people hide their Yankee caps in their closets along with their old Chicago Bulls jackets.

Pray for the old guys in Quincy bars having heart failure if things don't go well for 2 years in a row.

Registered
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally posted by Seabishop
    Hatespeech!

I'm sure hardcore Yankee fans will stick with them no matter what. But there are a lot of Yankee cap-wearers across the country who like them because they "always win." Here's hoping these people hide their Yankee caps in their closets along with their old Chicago Bulls jackets.

Pray for the old guys in Quincy bars having heart failure if things don't go well for 2 years in a row.
    Hey, I've been a Yankees fan ever since 1973 and I've stuck with them through good times and bad. Remember, we never were in the playoffs from 1982 to 1995, so there's no way I'm a bandwagon fan.

But hey, good luck tonight Beantowners. May the best team win. And, just for a little walk down memory lane, I submit this for your enjoyment...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails buckydent.gif  
    "There's nothing wrong with America that can't be fixed by what's right with America." - Bill Clinton.

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Someplace between yesterday and tomorrow.
    Just like No team will ever come back from a 3-0 deficit to force a game 7.
    OH WAIT... the RED SOX just did, for the 1st time EVER!

The winds of change are here!

Registered
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally posted by michaelskis
    Just like No team will ever come back from a 3-0 deficit to force a game 7.
    OH WAIT... the RED SOX just did, for the 1st time EVER!

The winds of change are here!
    Means nothing...you still have to win that game 7. Boston will find a way to lose. Remember 1986, for example...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails billbuckner.jpg  

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    All will end next year when the Rockies win the Series.

I have ski lodge reservations in hell soon after.
    You get all squeezed up inside/Like the days were carved in stone/You get all wired up inside/And it's bad to be alone

You can go out, you can take a ride/And when you get out on your own/You get all smoothed out inside/And it's good to be alone
    -Peart

Registered
    May 2002
    Quite frankly, short of the earth opening up and swallowing both teams, I just don't care what happens. (long suffering O's fan here). The only thing I know for sure is that I would not want to be a Boston player or fan at Yankee Stadium if the Bombers lose. After what happened last night, I get the feeling things could get real ugly tonight.
    He's a planner, he's a dreamer, he's a sordid little schemer,
    Seems to think that money grows on trees . . .

Registered
    Apr 1996
    Means nothing...you still have to win that game 7. Boston will find a way to lose. Remember 1986, for example...
    I normally would agree with you.....but I just don't see this self-professed "bunch of idiots" folding to an imaginary curse.

Pitching will determine the winner tonight......and I like our chances.

The pressure in this series is squarely on the Evil Empire......and I can only imagine what Steinbrenner will do if the Yankees lose tonight (my guess is goodbye Torre).

Sox fan since 1973....win or lose.....heartbreak or not.....

Registered
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally posted by NHPlanner
    I normally would agree with you.....but I just don't see this self-professed "bunch of idiots" folding to an imaginary curse.

Pitching will determine the winner tonight......and I like our chances.

The pressure in this series is squarely on the Evil Empire......and I can only imagine what Steinbrenner will do if the Yankees lose tonight (my guess is goodbye Torre).

Sox fan since 1973....win or lose.....heartbreak or not.....
    Love the Yankees, hate Steinbrenner. I won't get into how he's squandered the young talent in the farm system for a bunch of free agents. If we don't win it this year, big changes will occur. Setting my irrational fandom aside for a minute and looking at the situation from a purely baseball perspective, the Yankees are in trouble. Pitching has been shaky all season, both the starters and the bullpen. I haven't seen who the Yankees starter will be tonight, but I'm assuming it's Brown. Who knows what we'll get from him? And Rivera has been extremely human this series. So, despite my brave front, I have this gnawing feeling that we might see history made tonight. I think I'm going to call in sick tomorrow...

Registered
    Feb 2000
    Images of Bucky Dent and Bill Buckner. I love this thread. Yes, we are exercising the demons.

Registered
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally posted by Budgie
    Images of Bucky Dent and Bill Buckner. I love this thread. Yes, we are exercising the demons.
    Isn't October baseball the BEST!!!

Just remember, the Sox still have to win the World Series to remove the curse. Beating the Yankees, while undoubtedly sweet, doesn't "reverse the curse!"

+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Thursday Game!
    Fantasy Football
    Replies: 0
    Last post: 10 Sep 2009, 9:24 AM
  2. Another new game...
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 0
    Last post: 26 Jun 2004, 12:16 AM
  3. New game [Temp 1]