Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: The echo chamber thread

Registered
    Feb 2004

The echo chamber thread

Hello....Hello....Hello....Hello....Hello....Hello...

This bumpable thread is intended for all those occasions when no one else is around to interact with. Maybe it's a holiday, maybe its 2 a.m. maybe massive power outages have blacked out the east coast...whatever the reason you may feel free to post on this thread consecutively without posts being merged. Because if they were merged it would mean there was at least a moderator around. And then you wouldn't be alone now, would you? (unless of course you happen to be a moderator)

So post away if you're more or less alone, or if you happen to see someone else posting on the Echo Chamber feel free to join in and keep them company.
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Feb 2004
    So, like, the phone just rang and someone asked a question about how big of a sign they could put up. I answered their question. Then I hung up the phone.
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    May 2004
    Wait..... Wut?
    Children in the back seat can cause accidents - and vice versa.

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Cyburbias Brewpub, best seat in the haus!
    So, its really a crippled instant message thread for insomniacs?

I can't deliver UTOPIA, but I can create a HELL for you to LIVE in :)DoD:(

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    May 2008
    Hello....Hello....Hello....Hello....Hello...

On the East Coast it's a little after 12 noon on a Sunday... and I'm the only one here!

Tomorrow at this time it'll probably be hopping. What a difference a workday makes.

Added @10 minutes later:
    As soon as I posted this, 5 people logged in. I'd like to think it's because they saw me here.
    Three people are Cyburbia "regulars" whom I'd really like to chat with here. I wonder if they'll take the bite...?
    Two people are sort of new to Cyburbia. Welcome, new people!

Added @20 minutes later:
    Yay, Dan came on!
    Will he take the bite...?

Added @30 minutes later:
    Somebody's viewing this thread right now!
    Will he take the bite...?

Maister
    Would you consider changing this thread's name?
    I don't think most people know what a forum echo chamber is.
    Last edited by Shellac And Vinyl VelocitY; 02 Mar 2014 at 2:23 PM. Reason: Added all those things!

Registered
    Jan 2013
    I know what an echo chamber is. Pretty self explanatory I think! I think..I think...

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    May 2008
    Quote Originally posted by Vancity View post
    I know what an echo chamber is. Pretty self explanatory I think! I think..I think...
    Vancity, thanks for pointing this out- it's true, this forum's members are more net savvy and know about such contraptions.

Rewording my hail to Maister:
    Would you consider amending the thread title so that Cyburbians are more likely to participate here?

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by Seana View post
    Vancity, thanks for pointing this out- it's true, this forum's members are more net savvy and know about such contraptions.

Rewording my hail to Maister:
    Would you consider amending the thread title so that Cyburbians are more likely to participate here?
    Moderator note:
    Please leave the modding to the mods. Thank you.
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    May 2008
    Quote Originally posted by kjel View post
    Moderator note:
    Please leave the modding to the mods. Thank you.
    kjel
    Honestly, I wasn't trying to be a "back seat moderator". I apologize if I gave the appearance of being so.
    I was just making a small suggestion to Maister. He likes and implements some of the small suggestions that I and other Cyburbians make.

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    May 2008
    *bump*

Trying this one more time, at 2:52 AM, Eastern "Daylight" Time.

There are three other Cyburbians logged on right now... and you guys post regularly!

C'mon and take teh challenge.

Added in:

My carrier dropped and when I logged on again, two of those Cyburbians were gone. Oh well.

"There's more than one way to skin a bird," as my cats would say.
    Calling all Morning Larks!!

Added in:

My carrier dropped again.

And then there were none.
    Last edited by Shellac And Vinyl VelocitY; 25 Mar 2014 at 4:47 AM.

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Yep. Just finished executing another nonconforming sign agreement. Oh, and answered a couple of phonecalls. One lady wanted to know when leaf pickup was (she missed it) and another wanted to know what day Halloween was being observed (we don't regulate the date).

So you guys are a lively bunch this afternoon. What's new?

Registered
    Jan 2009
    I'm not even pretending to work. A few phone calls and that's about it today. I'll go back to reading stuff if this keeps up.
    I don't pretend to understand Brannigan's Law. I merely enforce it.

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Did you know that the world's most isolated tree (250 miles to the next nearest tree) in the middle of the Sahara Desert was hit and knocked over by a drunk driver in 1973. Just hearing about that kinda pissed me off.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arbre_d...n%C3%A9r%C3%A9

Registered
    Jan 2009
    I see your odd factoid and raise you this one:

There is a man in New York City who mines sidewalk cracks for gold. He makes about $500 a week
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...nt-cracks.html
    I don't pretend to understand Brannigan's Law. I merely enforce it.

Registered
    Feb 2004
    I'd say Thanksgiving and Christmas are livelier than today.

Registered
    Feb 2004

Registered
    Feb 2004
    So which musician commands greater respect. Who is the bigger legend: Boxcar Willie or Zamfir?

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    Quote Originally posted by Maister View post
    So which musician commands greater respect. Who is the bigger legend: Boxcar Willie or Zamfir?
    If it weren't for television commercials for record compilations of artists who were obscure, you wouldn't be asking such a question.
    Oddball
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?
    Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
    Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
    From Kelly's Heroes (1970)

Are you sure you're not hurt ?
    No. Just some parts wake up faster than others.
    Broke parts take a little longer, though.
    From Electric Horseman (1979)

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 16
    Last post: 07 Jan 2013, 11:49 PM
  2. Thread thread attention split
    Cyburbia Issues and Help
    Replies: 0
    Last post: 08 May 2012, 5:35 PM
  3. Replies: 24
    Last post: 17 Jun 2011, 4:41 PM
  4. Replies: 5