Thread: Cardinals Win

Registered
    May 2003

Cardinals Win

How 'bout that?

Registered
    Mar 2004

mrrh.

I am from outside of Houston and pulled for them all of my life, and this season from afar (in Chapel Hill, working on my planning degree).

I'm sad they lost, but St. Louis and Boston are no Yankees. Good luck to both teams!

A Cardinals Vs. Red Socks World series and no Eckersley. My baseball days are over for the most part.

Registered
    May 1997
    As a lifelong Cardinals fan, I am excited. These Cardinals aren't as much fun as Whitey Herzog's teams and I don't think any ever replaces the team you rooted for as a kid (Gibson, McCarver, White, etc., etc.), but (but with apologies to the 'Stros fans) everybody's team needs to get to the Series once in a while.

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator NHPlanner's avatar
    Registered
    Apr 1996
    Looking forward to a '46 and '67 rematch.

These two teams match up well, I think. Would be suprised if it doesn't go at least 6 games......both teams have a great shot at winning it. Hopefully there's no let down by either team after 2 great LCS's!

BTW....what a great catch by Edmonds last night on that ball off the bat from Ausmus! Turning point in the game last night....
    "Growth is inevitable and desirable, but destruction of community character is not. The question is not whether your part of the world is going to change. The question is how." -- Edward T. McMahon, The Conservation Fund

Registered
    Mar 2004
    Blog entries

Cardinals in 6

Cards have too many bats and if they can beat clemens...they can beat anyone....I'd like to see either team win....both deserve it....
    "The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."
    John Kenneth Galbraith

Registered
    Jul 2002
    With both teams' colors being RED, it will be an aesthetically pleasing world series. 8-|

Registered
    Nov 2002
    I was hoping the Cards would win. This'll be a great series.

My 4 year old picks which team she wants to win based on the colors of the uniforms. No team can compete with 2 cute little red birdies.

Registered
    Nov 2003
    CARDINALS WIN!!!! [B]CARDINALS[/B] WIN!!! (In my poor excuse of a Harry Caray impersonation) It's been 17 long years. I say Cardinals in 5 or 6 games.
    I am recognizing that the voice inside my head
    is urging me to be myself but never follow someone else
    Because opinions are like voices we all have a different kind". --Q-Tip

moderator in moderation Suburb Repairman's avatar
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    Astros are done. It was a great season though... I guess Gedunker may proceed to bash me now

I can now shift my focus to the Spurs and college football (sadly, I can't focus on hockey )

Good luck to both teams!

"Oh, that is all well and good, but, voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country."

- Herman Göring at the Nuremburg trials (thoughts on democracy)

Go Crazy, Folks! Go Crazy! (If you are a Cards fan, you recognize this catch phrase...)

I understand Boston and New England are still talking about beating the Yankees. You might want to start looking ahead at the Birds-on-the-Bats: this is one fine ball team we're bringing to Fenway.
    Je suis Charlie

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 29
    Last post: 11 Jun 2005, 6:58 AM