Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Will the Boston Red Sox Win The World Series?

Registered
    Oct 2004

Will the Boston Red Sox Win The World Series?

I think they will! Any predictions on the outcomes of the games?

     
    Registered
    Jun 2004
    Cards are going to win Games 3, 4, 5, and 7.

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Someplace between yesterday and tomorrow.
    Boston in 5.

Boston will be 1 point short after 11 innings in game three
    Boston will win by 2 in game 4
    Boston will win by 6 in game 5

Registered
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally posted by Jaxspra
    Why not 6? Just to have the drama of 7?

Sox in 5.
    Last edited by Seabishop; 26 Oct 2004 at 2:33 PM.

maudit anglais
    Registered
    May 1997
    I can't decide who I want to win. As happy as I am that the Red Sox DESTROYED the Yankees, I kind of like having them "cursed". I mean, baseball would be so boring if we didn't have Bostonians moaning about the curse every year

Registered
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally posted by Tranplanner
    I can't decide who I want to win. As happy as I am that the Red Sox DESTROYED the Yankees, I kind of like having them "cursed". I mean, baseball would be so boring if we didn't have Bostonians moaning about the curse every year
    Bostonians do not "moan" about the "curse" every year. New Yorkers are the ones who are into it. People from MA are way too smart for that garbage.

maudit anglais
    Registered
    May 1997
    Quote Originally posted by Man With a Plan
    Bostonians do not "moan" about the "curse" every year. New Yorkers are the ones who are into it. People from MA are way too smart for that garbage.
    Hey, "de nile" ain't just a river in Egypt ya know...

Registered
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally posted by Man With a Plan
    The players are also too smart to be concerned with curses. If they didn't blow it being behind in Games 4 and 5 vs New York, they won't choke this time either.

Besides, as you said the curse has "anti-semitic origins." Maybe that means Gabe Kapler will win the series.

Cards win 3, 4, 5, and 7.

(Anybody remember STL v. KC, game 6?)
    On pitching to Stan Musial:
    "Once he timed your fastball, your infielders were in jeopardy."
    Warren Spahn

Boston in 5 and the Yankees are now the ones with the Curse . They will never live down the humilating DEFEAT by the BEST baseball team in the Century....The BOSTON RED SOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Registered
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally posted by Seabishop
    The players are also too smart to be concerned with curses. If they didn't blow it being behind in Games 4 and 5 vs New York, they won't choke this time either.

Besides, as you said the curse has "anti-semitic origins." Maybe that means Gabe Kapler will win the series.

That would be awesome!!! Kapler, Youkilis, and Epstein fight the anti-semitic curse!!!

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    I cannot decide either. While I like to see stories like the Sox unfold and see teams and towns that have long suffered do well; however, I spent a lot of summers past watching the class act known as Larry Walker toil in mediocrity with the Rockies and would love to see him do well and win a series.

As always though, I wish that good sportsmanship prevail above all....
    You get all squeezed up inside/Like the days were carved in stone/You get all wired up inside/And it's bad to be alone

You can go out, you can take a ride/And when you get out on your own/You get all smoothed out inside/And it's good to be alone
    -Peart

Registered
    Feb 2000
    Yes, the Red Sox will win the World Series.

moderator in moderation Suburb Repairman's avatar
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    I hope the Sox win simply because I am tired of hearing sportscasters talk about the damn curse. There are several teams that have never made it to the World Series, much less won it.

"Oh, that is all well and good, but, voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country."

- Herman Göring at the Nuremburg trials (thoughts on democracy)

Cyburbian Emeritus Bear Up North's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003
    Sox in six. End of curse.

This Bear is old enuf to remember the Tigers versus the Cardinals in the 1968 World Series.....which if memory serves me correctly, was the last time series before Championship Series' started.

The Cardinals had a 3-1 lead in games and it looked bad for Denny McClain, Joe Sparma, Al Kaline, Dick McCaulife, Jim Northrup, Mickey Lolich, Norm Cash, and company. And the last two (2) games were in St. Louis. Oh, the horrors.....

Plus.....St. Louis had Bob Gibson, maybe one (1) of the top five (5) pitchers of all time. Oh, my......

Detroit peeled off three (3) straight wins to claim the World Championship of Baseball.

Briggs-To-Tiger Bear
    Occupy Cyburbia!

Registered
    Oct 2001
    Quote Originally posted by Tranplanner
    And with the hockey lock-out, we don't have the cursed Maple Leafs!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    C'mon and get me you twist of fate
    I'm standing right here Mr. Destiny
    If you want to talk well then I'll relate
    If you don't so what cause you don't scare me

Registered
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally posted by Jaxspra
    I guess it'll have to be 4, 5, 6 & 7 now.

Wow, the Sox might actually win the world series tonight. Lowe vs. Marquis looks pretty good. No matter how optimistic you are, there will still be a relief when the big choke doesn't happen.

     
    Registered
    Jun 2004
    I guess it will have to be 4, 5, 6, & 7. Sox did it against the Yankees, so can the Cards.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Oct 2003
    Man, leave it to us New Yorkers to care so much about a team and a city northeast of us and their inability to win championships. I'm sure every world series champ Yankee team was thinking, "Wow, this is great! I'm going to Disney World, but first, let's discuss Boston winning it all next year...your thoughts, Joe?" Somehow I doubt that ever happened. See, it's not that the Yankees that have a problem with the Red Sox, it's that the Red Sox have a problem with the Yankees.

I'm not sure if there is a curse, but rest assured that no one in Yankee-land cares. I know I'll be happy if the Red Sox win--no more complaining, no more books, and no more HBO specials about how the Sox never seem to win and where you were when Buckner made the biggest goof in baseball history. Aww, boo-hoo, Red Sox! Your nation is about to crumble and you'll no longer be different. Only the Cubbies will have distinction in the MLB as the only truly cursed team in baseball.

Registered
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally posted by Elisabeth
    Only the Cubbies will have distinction in the MLB as the only truly cursed team in baseball.
    They can have it. (Although I do hope they win soon.)

Boston fans don't want to be different by losing. That comeback against the Yankees made us different through winning.

Registered
    Mar 2004

Cards

Will win the next four in a row by a at least three runs in each game.......
    Remember, I like underdogs and bold predictions....ha ha ha....
    even silly ones.....

Seriously: Not a chance in hades .....
    Skilled Adoxographer

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by Mastiff
    And with the hockey lock-out, we don't have the cursed Maple Leafs!

BOOOO Leafs..... GO HABS GO
    You get all squeezed up inside/Like the days were carved in stone/You get all wired up inside/And it's bad to be alone

You can go out, you can take a ride/And when you get out on your own/You get all smoothed out inside/And it's good to be alone
    -Peart

Registered
    Mar 2004

I want my hockey back!

Quote Originally posted by zmanPLAN
    BOOOO Leafs..... GO HABS GO
    I want my hockey back! A good value as far as pro sporting events and I like being in the cold arena here in Florida Plus, the Panthers were just getting a little better every year....then the lock out Of course the AVS are the team for me.....and Detroit is the ha ha ha.......
    Skilled Adoxographer

Registered
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally posted by Elisabeth

...Aww, boo-hoo, Red Sox! Your nation is about to crumble...
    Turn on ur TV plannah. I think the opposite is true

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Someplace between yesterday and tomorrow.
    Quote Originally posted by The One
    I want my hockey back! A good value as far as pro sporting events and I like being in the cold arena here in Florida Plus, the Panthers were just getting a little better every year....then the lock out Of course the AVS are the team for me.....and Detroit is the ha ha ha.......
    I miss the NHL as well. We have a farm league team here, and a CCHA team, but it's just not the same.

+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. World Series burn-out?
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 5
    Last post: 28 Oct 2004, 6:14 PM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last post: 28 Nov 2003, 6:16 PM
  3. Bizarro World Series Update
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 3