Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: World Series burn-out?

Registered
    Dec 2003

World Series burn-out?

OK, Sports Fans, where'd all the hot burning passion for baseball amongst Cyburbians go? Does anyone care about the World Series, or were the league championships the real highlight of the baseball season? Are Red Sox fans so overjoyed about finally beating the Yankees when it counted that they could care less about actually winning the WS? Hey, Beantown is up 2 games to nil...looks like they're setting themselves up to lose it all in Game 7!
    "There's nothing wrong with America that can't be fixed by what's right with America." - Bill Clinton.

Registered
    Nov 2002
    Dude, the Yankees lost . . . in the most humiliating loss in major league history. And you can't just blame the manager for leaving a pitcher in too long like we could last year. You're supposed to still be crying.

The Sox aren't playing like they don't care about the world series are they (aside from the errors )? It was the Yankees last year who couldn't beat Florida after a draining LCS. Now that was a boring world series - the team that's always in the world series vs. a team no one cares about.

Really, people around here are very into it. There hasn't been a let down.

     
    Registered
    Jun 2004
    People around here are VERY into the World Series as well. Too bad the weather isnt cooperating though, its going to be a wet game this evening at Busch Stadium.

Registered
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally posted by Seabishop
    Dude, the Yankees lost . . . in the most humiliating loss in major league history. And you can't just blame the manager for leaving a pitcher in too long like we could last year. You're supposed to still be crying.

The Sox aren't playing like they don't care about the world series are they (aside from the errors )? It was the Yankees last year who couldn't beat Florida after a draining LCS. Now that was a boring world series - the team that's always in the world series vs. a team no one cares about.

Really, people around here are very into it. There hasn't been a let down.
    I'm sure Bostonians are into the WS, but I'm talking about the folks on this board...no one's said squat about baseball since the end of the LCS.
    "There's nothing wrong with America that can't be fixed by what's right with America." - Bill Clinton.

Registered
    Dec 2003
    Screw the World Series, my team won the Governor's Cup!!!

Triple A Baseball rocks, thank you Colorado Rockies and Flordia Marlins
    A guy once told me, "Do not have any attachments, do not have anything in your life you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you spot the heat around the corner."

Neil McCauley (Robert DeNiro): Heat 1995

Registered
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally posted by nuovorecord
    I'm sure Bostonians are into the WS, but I'm talking about the folks on this board...no one's said squat about baseball since the end of the LCS.
    Well I was into it!!

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 29
    Last post: 28 Oct 2004, 5:44 PM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last post: 28 Nov 2003, 6:16 PM
  3. Bizarro World Series Update
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 3
    Last post: 23 Oct 2003, 2:37 PM
  4. world series