Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Predictable Weather

Registered
    Aug 2001

Predictable Weather

Most years that I lived in Wisconsin, I could usually expect that the first snows of the year would come on Halloween. I thought that might just be a Wisconsin thing, but there is a half inch of snow on the ground now at the new Colorado nest, and it is coming down hard. So how about it, are there any days of the year you can predict the weather just because of the date?
    Anyone want to adopt a dog?

Registered
    Sep 1999
    There's a 90% chance that Christmas Day will be around 80 d. here.

Registered
    Jul 2002
    It always seems to RAIN on Memorial Day or Labor Day.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    It seems like it always snows the week before Halloween up here. And it gets a really bad cold snap the week before Christmas, when you have to be doing lost of errands.

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    Cardinal, I was going to ask how much snow you got down there, just north of you we had a light dusting.

For a while in Denver growing up we'd always have a wet snow storm that would snap the tree branches, and Chirstmas would always be in the 60s.

That has changed now... but no predictions really although it ALWAYS seems to snow heavily whenever I try to leave for Thanksgiving....
    You get all squeezed up inside/Like the days were carved in stone/You get all wired up inside/And it's bad to be alone

You can go out, you can take a ride/And when you get out on your own/You get all smoothed out inside/And it's good to be alone
    -Peart

Registered
    Mar 2004
    Blog entries

The Deep South.....but not really....

South Florida is subject to the monsoon type season and from that standpoint is predictable.... 6 months very wet/ very hot/ very humid......6 months 60-80+-degrees/relatively dry/relatively low humidity......

Fall in Colorado is great 45-65 degree days.....when it snows, it melts fast....only problem can be the 3% humidity days that make you bleed from the nose... and crack your sinus'
    "The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."
    John Kenneth Galbraith

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Are we really this predictable?
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 11
    Last post: 11 Feb 2010, 7:38 PM
  2. And The Best Weather Is In.....
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 3
    Last post: 15 Aug 2004, 6:10 PM
  3. weather