Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: TDR Guidelines

TDR Guidelines

Looking for any help to incorporate the use of TDR's for a portion of a rural/agircultural county with a resort ($$) community within the same jurisdiction. Does anyone already have a TDR component to their Code?

I think The City of Mequon, Wisconsin uses them. They don't have much information on the web, so you would have to call (262) 242-3100 and ask for the Planning Dept. to find out what they do.
    "I'm a white male, age 18 to 49. Everyone listens to me, no matter how dumb my suggestions are."

- Homer Simpson

Registered
    Aug 2001

TDR Ordinances...

Due to wetlands, shorelines, etc... WA state communities have several TDR regulations. Here are a few I found on a search at www.mrsc.org (great resource by the way!)...

Clallam County, WA (very rural): http://search.mrsc.org/nxt/gateway.d...-f/c51-643.htm

King County, WA (Seattle and urban environs):
    http://search.mrsc.org/nxt/gateway.d...l/k5o14190.htm

A number of other counties in WA have programs, I think Clark, Island and Pierce being some... but it's been a few years since I've researched TDRs, so who knows these days. Good luck!

Deb

Registered
    Jun 2002

TDR

I found what looks like a very good link to a number of ordinances and articles, etc on TDR. See if it provides you with some useful information.

www.sustainable.doe.gov/landuse/transfer.shtml

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Parking space guidelines
    Transportation Planning
    Replies: 3
    Last post: 05 Jun 2012, 1:19 PM
  2. Tree retention guidelines
    Land Use and Zoning
    Replies: 7
    Last post: 14 Oct 2005, 3:23 PM
  3. Guidelines for Developers