Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: ez as GIS

BANNED
    Registered
    Oct 2004

ez as GIS

I am looking for cities with on-line mapping systems that make your job as a lazy planner easier, i.e., zoning info, lot size, building size, sewer lines...etc..etc. Leave an address so i can go check it out.

Registered
    Jul 2003
    I would suggest you start here: GISPlanning I think most of the applications they have developed are really economic development but I haven't exactly looked them all over.

Hope that helps.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Waukesha County, Wisconsin

I especially love the historical orthophography.

EDIT: You will be hard pressed to find any utility system information on line after 9-11. Most of it is restricted due to homeland security concerns.

Registered
    Jun 2003
    Try Pittwater Council on Sydney's northern beaches. If you have time, try out the My DCP system. If you identify a property and a proposed use, it will build a summary of all planning controls for you as well as pre-populate your development application. Very neat (we've just bought the product for our City).

Registered
    Mar 2004

Huh?

Quote Originally posted by acchhhoooo
    I am looking for cities with on-line mapping systems that make your job as a lazy planner easier, i.e., zoning info, lot size, building size, sewer lines...etc..etc. Leave an address so i can go check it out.
    This lazy planner is too lazy to assist you.....
    Skilled Adoxographer

BANNED
    Registered
    Oct 2004
    We use the same brand name (mapguide) as you guys do. They do a good job, we have a lot more information slammed into our system though and it allows the user to directly interface with county information as well. Good stuff, thanks. Check ours out, similar system as yours, and you can can draw pretty pictures in ours. Unfortunately, you may have to download some components to look.

http://govme.cityoftacoma.org/govME/...CS/MGMain.aspx

+ Reply to thread