Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Minimum height/ story requirements?

Registered
    Apr 2003
    In a new discovered reality where it doesn't snow

Minimum height/ story requirements?

I am reviewing information about this form based coding... and they talk about setting minimum and maximum height and setback requirements to preserve character of the area. There are also very specific design standards, such as requires styles and detail on structures, as well as colors.

How specific is your location and design requirements?

Registered
    Mar 2004
    Blog entries

Preserve Character....?

Quote Originally posted by michaelskis
    I am reviewing information about this form based coding... and they talk about setting minimum and maximum height and setback requirements to preserve character of the area. There are also very specific design standards, such as requires styles and detail on structures, as well as colors.

How specific is your location and design requirements?
    Our redevelopment areas don't have a lot of "character" to save or mimic in new design standards.... We are adding breaks in the bulk plain
    (step back/tiers/decks) to the consideration of increased height beyond 3 stories. Many other architectural features are being added (covered colonnade/window styles/belt courses....and others.....) NO FLAT ROOF bellow 3 stories and must have treatment above three stories....
    "The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."
    John Kenneth Galbraith

Registered
    Nov 2004
    The Commercial Design Standards for Overland Park, Kansas, are very detailed and specific.
    Every time I look at a Yankees hat I see a swastika tilted just a little off kilter.
    Bill "Spaceman" Lee

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 2
    Last post: 29 May 2012, 12:12 PM
  2. Building height
    Land Use and Zoning
    Replies: 3
    Last post: 14 Dec 2006, 4:51 PM
  3. Minimum Floor Area Requirements
    Land Use and Zoning
    Replies: 10