Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Costco Home

Registered
    Oct 2003

Costco Home

OK I finally got a chance to visit Costco's new store...Costco Home. They are test marketing the concept here. They have alot of custom order stuff, California Closets and custom iron doors for example. Most of the inventory is furniture for every room in the house and set up in rooms. My favorite item that I would never own....a 10-12' tall entertainment center that pops up a plasma TV for a friendly price of $12K. All in all I loved the place, but I do like Costco already.

Across the street, Jennifer's Convertibles (crappy small furniture chain here) is closing their doors two weeks after opening. I wonder if the nearby Levitz is feeling the squeeze?

Registered
    Dec 2001
    Quote Originally posted by ludes98
    OK I finally got a chance to visit Costco's new store...Costco Home. They are test marketing the concept here. They have alot of custom order stuff, California Closets and custom iron doors for example. Most of the inventory is furniture for every room in the house and set up in rooms. My favorite item that I would never own....a 10-12' tall entertainment center that pops up a plasma TV for a friendly price of $12K. All in all I loved the place, but I do like Costco already.

Across the street, Jennifer's Convertibles (crappy small furniture chain here) is closing their doors two weeks after opening. I wonder if the nearby Levitz is feeling the squeeze?
    Have you ever been to that Jennifer's Convertables? When we were looking for a new couch the service was horrible and the mechandise was filthy- to the point I wouldn't sit down.

We went to IKEA. Mad house. I have figured out I have to patience for people that stop right in the aisle, pull over!
    When Jesus said "love your enemies", he probably didn't mean kill them.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 13
    Last post: 17 Jan 2008, 12:53 PM
  2. Replies: 12
    Last post: 24 Oct 2006, 3:09 PM
  3. Replies: 40
    Last post: 16 Mar 2006, 8:10 PM
  4. Replies: 8
    Last post: 30 Jan 2004, 5:29 PM
  5. Home sweet home....
    Friday Afternoon Club