Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Why has Henry Kissinger never been extradited as a War Criminal?

Registered
    Oct 2001

Why has Henry Kissinger never been extradited as a War Criminal?

This is always been a question for me. http://www.vanityfair.com/commentary...o03?print=true

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jan 2003
    Because.... He worked to the US and is a US citizen and us little countries never have the guts to challenge the giant...
    Also... if every country would extradite him... he'd go on a world tour... Chile, Vietnam, etc...

Registered
    Oct 2001
    Quote Originally posted by SkeLeton
    Because.... He worked to the US and is a US citizen and us little countries never have the guts to challenge the giant...
    Also... if every country would extradite him... he'd go on a world tour... Chile, Vietnam, etc...
    Is it true that he never leaves the United States because he is afraid he will be arrested and put on trial?

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Blog entries
    I think you are pretty much only a war criminal if you are on the losing side.
    "I am very good at reading women, but I get into trouble for using the Braille method."

~ Otterpop ~

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by otterpop
    I think you are pretty much only a war criminal if you are on the losing side.
    I think you are pretty much right.
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Quote Originally posted by BKM
    Is it true that he never leaves the United States because he is afraid he will be arrested and put on trial?
    He's already wanted, the ICC tried to pick him up the last time he was in the UK but Straw said no deal. I think that once Blair is gone the only place Kissinger will be able to go is the US and Israel.

Hitchens is ridiculously catty when it comes to other people writing on the topic but he has done a lot of thorough research on Kissingers' crimes.

What's funny to me is that this stuff happens over and over again and it's all in black and white, written by the perpetrators but when we (on the left) bring it up we're revisionists. Better still is when we point out that it's happening currently we're conspiracy theorists.
    Indeed you can usually tell when the concepts of democracy and citizenship are weakening. There is an increase in the role of charity and in the worship of volunteerism. These represent the élite citizen's imitation of noblesse oblige; that is, of pretending to be aristocrats or oligarchs, as opposed to being citizens.

Registered
    Sep 1999
    Uh, because when he was in office he was pretty much admired (sign of the times, we didn't questions politicians so much then).

Registered
    May 2003
    Yeah, as opposed to now.

Registered
    Sep 1999
    Hey, I was there THEN. It's a little different from reading the historical record.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 12
    Last post: 19 Feb 2008, 1:17 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last post: 17 Apr 2006, 2:48 PM
  3. Latest in the DUMB Criminal Act
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 2
    Last post: 05 Nov 2004, 2:36 PM
  4. Stupid Criminal Tricks
    Friday Afternoon Club