Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Have you tried meditation or hypnosis?

Registered
    Apr 2003
    In a new discovered reality where it doesn't snow

Have you tried meditation or hypnosis?

Have you tried meditation or hypnosis?

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Never been hypnotised, but have practiced meditation extensively. I think meditation is a useful mental discipline that many Westerners seem to pooh pooh, but would do well to try
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Nov 2002
    I went with my wife to hypnobirthing classes 2 years ago. She was able to "get to a more relaxing place" but I just wanted to laugh every time and was trying not to act like Beavis and Butthead. It was just too funny to take seriously. Its results were mixed becuase the labor was so fast there wasn't any time for all the relaxation techniques.

Registered
    Sep 1999
    I learned how to meditate while taking my son to family therapy when going thru a very difficult divorce. It helped a lot, esp. when I feel a panic attack coming on, or can't get to sleep. I don't do it regularly enough, though.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    I used to practice mediation regularly, but I haven't recently.

Registered
    Sep 2001
    Does napping count?
    Too lazy to beat myself up for being to lazy to beat myself up for being too lazy to... well you get the point....

+ Reply to thread