Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Tgif

Registered
    Feb 1998

Tgif

Thank God It's Friday! I've been working on strategies for commercial development/redevelopment for the comp plan. Plotted on a map those areas with similar characteristics, and labeled them Commercial Corridor I, II, and III. The problem is that I did this four months ago, and had to lay it aside to hammer through a property maintenance code (it passed this week). Now I cannot remember what criteria I used for the 3 different commercial corridors! Document, document, document--even if for yourself.

Registered
    Mar 2002

4.5 hours

4.5 hours and im out of this living hell for 2 days

god please make the day go fast
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin

Remember this motto to live by: "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO- HOO what a ride!'"

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Heh heh, I'm taking 1/2 day vacation. Adios!

Registered
    Oct 2001
    It's only 9:30 here... :crap
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    C'mon and get me you twist of fate
    I'm standing right here Mr. Destiny
    If you want to talk well then I'll relate
    If you don't so what cause you don't scare me

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Yeah... it's going to be a looong day. I'm wading through Provincial law.

I think it's time for a field trip... I may gather a planner or two and head out to look at small lot developments to post in the zoning boards. It *is* research...

I am leaving early for guys weekend on the Mississippi! Woo Hoo!

Beer, fishing, hiking and Twin-O-Rama (a huge celebration of twins) in Cassville, Wisconsin
    "I'm a white male, age 18 to 49. Everyone listens to me, no matter how dumb my suggestions are."

- Homer Simpson

Registered
    Mar 2002
    MY GOD these last couple hours go slow.........is anyone still out there???

Registered
    Mar 2002
    im here T minus 66 min and counting
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin

Remember this motto to live by: "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO- HOO what a ride!'"

Registered
    Mar 2002
    I think it is time to take the city van out for a drive around town. Hand out a few blights and make sure others have been taken care of. That usually speeds the time up a bit.

What I thought was going to be a bad end of the day just got better! I got a complaint that someone has constructed a WWF-style wresting ring in their back yard! I hope I can catch a match
    "I'm a white male, age 18 to 49. Everyone listens to me, no matter how dumb my suggestions are."

- Homer Simpson

Registered
    Aug 2001
    10 minutes to go...watching the DJI all the way...
    Information necessitating a change of design will be conveyed to the designer after and only after the design is complete. (Often called the 'Now They Tell Us' Law) - Fyfe's First Law of Revision

We don't believe in planners and deciders making the decisions on behalf of Americans. -- George W. Bush , Scranton, PA -- 09/06/2000

     
    Registered
    Jul 2002
    I havent had a day off in over a month. But that is what happens when you are your own boss.

But this weekend I am escaping to the beauty of British Columbia's temperate rainforest where there is not a computer in sight.

I never really understood the meaning of this poster until I spent everyday n the city staring into the eyes of my computer.

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    I was A CEO today ...

Acting Code Enforcement Oficer

Spent the morning in the field, driving the clay roads of Old Town. A while ago, it rained hard every day for three or four weeks in a row. Many vacant lots now resemble amber waves of grain. In Colorado, it's seen as majestic. In Florida, it's seen as a hiding place for poisionous snakes, poisionous insects, poisionous rodents, Michelins that have rolled their last mile long ago, and pit bulls. There's about 30 letters heading out.

I gotta' come in tomorrow and sort through the four annexations and one site plan that landed on my desk on Thursday.

Oh yeah ... there's also a resident whose code violation case is going to be heard at the code enforcement board meeting next month. She called the town manager yesterday, and claimed that, in posting the subpoena on her property, I tried to put it in a location that would break the water line between the meter and her house. She also claims that I beat her two dogs with the stake I used to post the subpoena. We're not even going to dignify those accusations by attempting to defend them.
    Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

Registered
    Mar 2002
    8 minutes and counting..........

Have a great weekend everyone.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Well... I just got back from the tour of 30 foot lots. My camera died (d'oh! batteries!) after three shots. I'll probably post what I have so far... and the trip was enlightening.

In the meantime, a co-worker flaunting the fact he only had to work two hours today dropped a bunch of cds on my desk on the way out. So at least I've had new music to listen to.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    City Goddess - I see your point. Rather than steel, I would like to see more buildings built from wood (or at least sided with wood). It looks more natural.

+ Reply to thread