+ Reply to thread

Thread: Wine Making

Registered
    Apr 2003

Wine Making

Have you ever made wine?

Registered
    May 2003
    Are you trying to win the "started the most threads" award or something?

moderator in moderation Suburb Repairman's avatar
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    I had a friend who tried to make wine himself in his dormroom... emphasis on TRIED... It was some of the most god-awful stuff I had ever tasted. It was just this side of vinager.

I've never tried it myself, but I would like to. I'm not much of a wine drinker, but lots of my friends are.

"Oh, that is all well and good, but, voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country."

- Herman Göring at the Nuremburg trials (thoughts on democracy)

Registered
    Jul 2002
    NO

Well wait, does it count that I once dated a psycho girl who I would make whine with every little thing I did that she did not agree with.

{shutters} Boy I'm glad she's not around anymore.

Registered
    Sep 1999
    My parents got me a wine-making kit in high school, after our English class had made mead or something in class. My wine wasn't very good, though.

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Quote Originally posted by jordanb
    I am just in a quest to learn from others. That and I am so ADD today.

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by jordanb
    Let me dig around and see if we have an award for that ... oh, wait ... here it is!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cc2494.jpg  
    Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Off-topic:
    Quote Originally posted by Dan
    Let me dig around and see if we have an award for that ... oh, wait ... here it is!
    OH... OH I can't believe I won! I would like to think all those who posted on the Threads I started, oh and to my co-workers for not knowing that I spend more time on here than I should, and to Maister for talking about the most off the wall ideas what would give me new ideas, and my doctor for giving me enough medication to mess up my head for a good time to come, and to federal government for making this Thursday a holiday, and the City manager for making this a short week, and to my personal friend Juan Valdez for providing me with great coffee. I would like to also think someone who has been my guiding light, my best friend, my fish named fluffy for giving me the courage to ask meaning less random questions on a whim.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    I tried once and it was an unmitigated disaster.
    Annoyingly insensitive

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by michaelskis
    OH... OH I can't believe I won! I would like to think all those who posted on the Threads I started, oh and to my co-workers for not knowing that I spend more time on here than I should, and to Maister for talking about the most off the wall ideas what would give me new ideas, and my doctor for giving me enough medication to mess up my head for a good time to come, and to federal government for making this Thursday a holiday, and the City manager for making this a short week, and to my personal friend Juan Valdez for providing me with great coffee. I would like to also think someone who has been my shinning light, my best friend, my fish named fluffy for giving me the courage to ask meaning less random questions on a whim.
    I'M SORRY WE ARE CUTTING YOU OFF! You are exhibiting a level of randomness that is shall we say...suspect. First you announce that you "understand" Badgerbadgerbadger now this....acceptance speech which is on a par with Farrah Fawcett's infamous appearance on the Letterman Show.

Your name is being forwarded to the FBI. It's the best thing for you - you'll thank me later, really.
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Yes.

It is best we not speak of this.
    Anyone want to adopt a dog?

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. The NEVERENDING Wine Thread
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 708
    Last post: 19 Apr 2015, 1:21 PM
  2. Wine production: all the other guys