Please discuss and ask questions about board rules and guidelines in this thread.
- Don't be a jerk.
- Keep a working email address that doesn't block mail from cyburbia.org.
- Don't share user accounts or create sockpuppet accounts.
- Don't spam, astroturf, troll, try to convert non-believers or believers, or post illegal content.
- Don't make ad hominem attacks; flame ideas, not people.
- Avoid post padding and low-content posts.
- Avoid offensive and non-safe-for-work posts, images, links and profile details.
- Don't steal bandwidth by hotlinking images from sites that don't allow it.
- Don't maliciously hack the board or the site.
- Respect copyright and intellectual property rights.
These rules are general guidelines and are very flexible, as is their enforcement and amendment. Please do not try to cleverly circumvent them. We are not going to spell out the rules in legalese or cover every possible interpretation or situation. The rules will evolve as we are presented with new situations, and we'll update them periodically to reﬂect these changes.
These rules are intended to keep the Cyburbia Forums useful and fun for as many people as possible. The rules may appear longer, more organized and more detailed here compared to some other message boards. However, many forums have long sets of unwritten rules, which may be inconsistently applied. We want to ensure there is no ambiguity, so everything is written down in one place. If the rules seem overly strict, we recommend a pint of locally-brewed beer.
The rules of the Something Awful Forums and UnaBoard have provided some creative inspiration for the Cyburbia Forums rules.