Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: CDBG Administration

Registered
    Nov 2002

CDBG Administration

For those of you who are lucky enough to have a CDBG entitlement: how many staff do you use to actually administer the grant? I don't mean how many people are involved with administering as defined in the regs, I mean how many people spend a great deal of their time with the real nuts and bolts of the environmental assessments, the Davis Bacon monitoring, the CAPER, etc. It would be helpful to know the size of the entitlement as well.

Quote Originally posted by Masswich
    For those of you who are lucky enough to have a CDBG entitlement: how many staff do you use to actually administer the grant? I don't mean how many people are involved with administering as defined in the regs, I mean how many people spend a great deal of their time with the real nuts and bolts of the environmental assessments, the Davis Bacon monitoring, the CAPER, etc. It would be helpful to know the size of the entitlement as well.
    +/- $850,000 entitlement; five full time staff
    On pitching to Stan Musial:
    "Once he timed your fastball, your infielders were in jeopardy."
    Warren Spahn

Registered
    Nov 2002
    Entitlement usually of $25 million and a full time staff of 10 for contract review and administration. One staff person handles Davis Bacon compliance and another carries out all environmental reviews.

Registered
    Dec 2004
    about 1.8 Million, and approximately 6 staff... but we do other jobs besides CDBG work.... its about half of our job.

Any good reads or misc. websites(FAQs, "the basics", etc) for newcomers to CDBG? I was just hired, and have NO previous experience with CDBG...I'm having trouble keeping everything straight...

Registered
    Nov 2002

A Good Overall Guide

Quote Originally posted by clare2582
    about 1.8 Million, and approximately 6 staff... but we do other jobs besides CDBG work.... its about half of our job.

Any good reads or misc. websites(FAQs, "the basics", etc) for newcomers to CDBG? I was just hired, and have NO previous experience with CDBG...I'm having trouble keeping everything straight...
    There is a good "how to" put out by HUD on their Community Planning and Development web site:

http://www.hud.gov/offices/cpd/commu...y/deskguid.cfm

It answers most questions in a straightforward manner and does not appeared biased in any obvious way- I have used it and it is consistent with what I have seen in terms of practice.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. CDBG cut by 11%
    Economic and Community Development
    Replies: 1
    Last post: 18 Nov 2011, 8:25 PM
  2. Creative uses for CDBG
    Economic and Community Development
    Replies: 9
    Last post: 12 Aug 2010, 9:02 AM
  3. CDBG positions
    Career Development and Advice