Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Spammobile

Registered
    Aug 2001

Spammobile

This was spotted at the Little Rock, AR Boat Show. Discuss.

PS - Spam is great fried on whole wheat with grape jelly!

Registered
    Feb 1998
    With enough grape jelly, canned dog food is tolerable--oh, wait: it's the same thing.

Registered
    Dec 1998
    I like my Spam mixed in with Ramen Noodles.....the spicy kind. (Eeww!!!!)

I have managed to make it 29 years without ever eating Spam and I am not going to be swayed by a pretty truck
    "I'm a white male, age 18 to 49. Everyone listens to me, no matter how dumb my suggestions are."

- Homer Simpson

Registered
    Mar 2002
    EEW doesn't do justice in explaining Spams unbelievably grotesque taste.

How is this for a picture.......I'm channel surfacing on the tube a few months ago and see an extremely enormous (350 +) guy running around on a stage with nothing but a diaper.......he jumps onto a table where there is a woman made out of spam and begins eating. (Spam with mayo) Yes, you guessed it, it was the Jerry Springer show and the lucky guy chose his spam over his woman.

What is this world coming to??? Sprawl isn't the cause of obesity in our nation...........Spam is!!!

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    Never ate processed potted meat product. Never will. I don't care if the Hawaiians love the stuff or not.
    Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

I tried the potted meat food product on a Cheese Nip cracker. It was disgusting. It smelled like cat food and based on the taste, was probably cat food with a Hormel label on it.
    "I'm a white male, age 18 to 49. Everyone listens to me, no matter how dumb my suggestions are."

- Homer Simpson

Registered
    Dec 1998
    Originally posted by Dan
    Never ate processed potted meat product. Never will. I don't care if the Hawaiians love the stuff or not.
    What do you think Burger King's hamburgers are made of????? It sure ain't beef!!! LOL

Registered
    Oct 2001
    But, Spam does not incorporate special chemical "meat" flavoring agents manufactured along the New Jersey Turnpike. Obviously an inferior meat product to the BK or McD "burgers."

Has anyone read the book "Fast Food Nation"? .

Registered
    Dec 1998
    Originally posted by BKM
    "Has anyone read the book "Fast Food Nation"? .
    I've read excerpts of it.

Registered
    Oct 2000

A True Spam Story

Back in the college days, my husband, Rob, and his then college roommate Brent are grocery shopping at the Bi-Lo when they happen upon the Spam aisle. Brent excitedly turns to my husband and explains how when he was a kid, his mom fried up Spam all the time and how good it was. So out of nostalgia, he buys a tin and they rush home to make it. Happily, Brent opens his tin of Spam, cuts off a couple slices and plops them in the fry pan. When they'd been suitably cooked, he slid them out on to his plate, and with great anticipation, tucked into his fried Spam. A look of horror crossed his face, he leapt up, grabbed the fry pan, ran to the window and hurled that Spam as far as he could throw. Sometimes memories of childhood are remembered through a hazy, misty lens.

Registered
    Mar 2002
    Oh my God thats funny! I needed that!

I donno anyone who eats the stuff. not sure id want to

my dogs dont even eat stuff like that
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin

Remember this motto to live by: "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO- HOO what a ride!'"

Registered
    Mar 2002
    Read Fast Food Nation. Still eat at BK.

Registered
    Oct 2001

What would you bet...

There is a big "3" decal on the back of that rig?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    C'mon and get me you twist of fate
    I'm standing right here Mr. Destiny
    If you want to talk well then I'll relate
    If you don't so what cause you don't scare me

Registered
    Aug 2001
    in high school...

a friend of mine developed a fascination with potted meat...not eating it mind you...he would carry a can around with his books and would rave about it whenever someone asked him why he had it...lo and behold...his only use for it was associated with a prank he would play involving potted meat and the toilet seats in the mens room...nasty...but funny.
    Information necessitating a change of design will be conveyed to the designer after and only after the design is complete. (Often called the 'Now They Tell Us' Law) - Fyfe's First Law of Revision

We don't believe in planners and deciders making the decisions on behalf of Americans. -- George W. Bush , Scranton, PA -- 09/06/2000

Registered
    Sep 2001
    Never had it, and I am too old to try it now. I am sure my dog would love it though.

maudit anglais
    Registered
    May 1997
    Anyone remember that Monty Python skit?

Spam Spam Spam Spam
    Spam Spam Spam Spam
    Lovely Spam! Wonderful Spam!
    Lovely Spam! Wonderful Spam!
    Spam Spam Spam Spam

I'm having Spam, Spam, Fried Eggs, Spam, and Beans, with Spam!

I DON'T LIKE SPAM!!!!!!!

maudit anglais
    Registered
    May 1997
    Somebody has waay to much time on their hands.

http://pemtropics.mit.edu/~jcho/spam/

Some of them are actually pretty funny...

Registered
    Oct 2001

True Story - Generic Spam.

I was in the Saudi desert waiting for the war to start for several months. We were eating MRE's and these freaky little meals in a small bowl that were maid by Hormel (the Ham and Potatos was good). I wrote my folks asking them to send me a care package, like all the other soldiers got. Three months later after the war is over and I have done my share to remove most of the leftover ammunition that the State of Iraq bought from the USSR I receive a package. It appears that my dad just cleaned out the pantry of all the stuff he would never eat. I got potted meat product, Vienna sausages, sardines, old cans of mixed fruit and generic spam. Nothing edible. This was from a guy who served in Viet Nam - the war where they had steaks, beer, drugs and hookers. I on the other hand served in what I lovingly call the first Mormon war - No fun allowed. I gave the package to an E-4 who ate it all that afternoon.

My mom found out what dad did and sent me a package full of the fixins for nachos! Her, I'll take care of in her old age. Dad will get potted meat product for chow once a week.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    People who try MRE's for the first time think they are pretty good. Eat them for a week and you will want to begin a new diet. Eat them for months on end and you begin to wonder if you might be better off as a POW. Even in Iraq.

Fortunately, through a chain of circumstances, I ended up being appointed as a purchasing agent for my batallion. Every other week I'd put on civilian clothes, hop in a Land Rover and go shopping. I was authorized to go into the off-limits areas (the cities of Riyahd, Al Khobar, Hafer-al-Batin, etc.) and purchase items for the government. I'd also take along a shopping list for my platoon and make a run on the Safeway.

Registered
    Oct 2001

Scud, scud, scud, wonderful scud!

I did get to King Kalid Military City (KKMC) once for their stringy chicken dinner and a haircut and shave from an angry Arab man with a straight razor in the Saudi military version of a strip mall.

Later, I saw the last Scud missile fired hit at KKMC the night before the ground invasion. I was Sergeant of the guard the night before the invasion. I looked up and say this thing streaking overhead north to south. I followed it to the ground with my eyes. Then it made a bright flash over the horizon near KKMC. It is a strange and spooky thing to see - even in war.

+ Reply to thread