Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: APA wants to Communicate with me?

Registered
    Oct 2001

APA wants to Communicate with me?

Please Read Below:

Dear APA Member:
    You work every day to communicate the value of planning to stakeholders in your community — and you're not alone in that effort. The American Planning Association shares your commitment to helping citizens become engaged in planning.

Soon we will launch a new communications effort to help you reach select audiences in your community, including elected officials, business leaders, members of allied nonprofit organizations, and interested citizens. We need your help to make this initiative successful.

Please take our online survey to help us refine the key messages of our communications plan. Your input will help us shape presentations, speeches, media interviews, and supporting materials.

The survey is short and APA will analyze responses for survey purposes only. You may access the survey until December 31, 2004.

Your participation is key to our mutual goal of making great communities happen.

To access the survey, please click here.

You will need to enter the following code at APA's Survey Online homepage to access the survey: communication

Thank you for your time and your ideas.

Sincerely,
    Denny Johnson
    Public Affairs Coordinator
    djohnson@planning.org

www.planning.org

©2004 All Rights Reserved.
    American Planning Association
    122 S Michigan Ave
    Chicago, IL 60603

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Clickto Unsubscribe

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This message was sent by American Planning Association using VerticalResponse's iBuilder®

American Planning Association
    122 S Michigan Ave
    Suite 1600
    Chicago, Illinois 60603
    Read the VerticalResponse marketing policy.

Now, what are they really up to?

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Don't worry, EG. This is just an effort by an ineffective national organization to educate people on ideas that lost any currency five years ago. We can always count on the Congress for the New Urbanism, Urban Land Institute, and others to undo any dmage APA may inflict.
    Anyone want to adopt a dog?

Why isn't it in Mandarin???
    Je suis Charlie

Registered
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally posted by Gedunker
    Why isn't it in Mandarin???
    My nominee for zinger of the week!

Nice one, Gedunker.
    All these years the people said he’s actin’ like a kid.
    He did not know he could not fly, so he did.
    - - Guy Clark, "The Cape"

Registered
    Mar 2004
    deleted that e-mail fast....got better things to do
    You darn tootin', I like fig newtons!

Registered
    Feb 1998
    I try out the APA web site rarely, perhaps once every 4 months. It is so busy, impossible to navigate. And any half-interesting stuff requires a membership number, which I don't think I need to remember. I only use it, well, every 4 months or so.

I looked at the survey, what crap! And it took a code word to enter the thing.Very poorly formatted, I did not bother to submit: let the still faithful allow APA to think they are great at spinning their wheels. From the wording of the questions, it looks as if they are going to start an image campaign...what a joke.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    It seems I did not even get an invitation to participate. I have likely been blackballed for some of my past comments.... Maybe I should change my signature line and make nice.

Mike, I agree with your assessment of the web site. There is almost nothing available there that I would ever want. When I am looking for planning information or ideas on the web, I can't think of any reason to visit the APA site. Besides, I do not speak Chinese.
    Anyone want to adopt a dog?

Cyburbian Plus Whose Yur Planner's avatar
    Registered
    Jun 2004
    I got it, filled it out, and forgot about it. Gave APA real low marks in the relevant section especially regarding the value of the organization to planners. That and a $1.25 will get you a coke at the closest convenience store.

moderator in moderation Suburb Repairman's avatar
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    Yeah, I filled it out. I hope they weren't basing their entire self-worth on my survey return.

"Oh, that is all well and good, but, voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country."

- Herman Göring at the Nuremburg trials (thoughts on democracy)

+ Reply to thread