Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Whatcha' working on now?

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries

Whatcha' working on now?

Fine-tuning the draft Land Development Code.

Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

Registered
    Mar 2002
    Lol cute pig

Im sitting here losing whats left of my mind tracking down old bonds and getting our folks to sign off and relase them. Some of these are from the late 70's early 80's of course no one here was here then, cant find any records to what monies go with what etc.

Did i do something wrong in a former life?
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin

Remember this motto to live by: "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO- HOO what a ride!'"

Moving at my own pace....... Planderella's avatar
    Registered
    Dec 1998
    Avoiding reality while I peruse the Cyburbia boards in search of inspiration, nirvana, who knows??

I'm working on a work scope for a brownfields project; playing phone tag with sub-consultants; reviewing documents for an early morning meeting; selecting prime TOD areas on aerial photographs of a proposed light rail corridor. And YES, all of this is done concurrently - I'm the only planner and SOMEONE has got to do it.

Registered
    Oct 2000
    I spent all day: writing up the minutes from last night's planning board (seven pages), processing approved projects and fielding calls from applicants to tell them their project has been approved and with what conditions. And periodically checking Cyburbia for a little procrastination.

Tomorrow: In the car all day for Code Enforcement! Actually looking forward to it, because we're having a nice and cool, yet sunshiny, week here in Albany!

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Prudence is on vacation, so I'm stuck doing both our jobs. Most of today has been issuing driveway permits and responding to applicants for a new position we are hiring soon. Oh, and a lovely 2 hour meeting with a developer about potential TIF funding of their project.

Registered
    Oct 2001
    I just got off vacation. Tonight is a monthly board meeting so I am prepping for it and working through a week's mail and telephone calls. Tomorrow I'll start on an RBOG.

Registered
    Jul 2002
    I am completing a review of international literature on how to provide for and promote walking in inner city pedestrian routes, and looking at how to assess walkability (walkability index). It's quite interesting, there are so many factors that affect pedestrian walkability.

Moving at my own pace....... Planderella's avatar
    Registered
    Dec 1998
    Originally posted by KMateja
    we're having a nice and cool, yet sunshiny, week here in Albany!
    Cool sunshiny? What the heck is that??? At this time of the year, if the temp falls under 90 degrees, then it's considered a cool front!!!!!

Registered
    Dec 2001
    Grading plan.....

Cool stuff, getting to "sculpt" people's yard.

Registered
    Mar 2002
    discussing with the city admin on whether or not he should sell the stock he has held onto and how many years this hit has ment he will have to work before he can retire.

Does anyone have the complete idiots guide to making money on wall street????

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Just got out of a brainstorming session on how to bring affordable housing to my City. Good philosophical discussions... it's times like these that I appreciate having other planners around to bounce ideas off one another.

I'm avoiding working on the implementation plan for intermunicipal alternative dispute resolution (aka, how to play nice in the sandbox together).

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    I work for an environmental organization; I'm working on a curriculum about solid waste issues that meets PA's educational standards, writing articles for our kids' newsletter and developing an achievement award program that focuses on recycling and solid waste issues.

Registered
    Oct 2000
    Originally posted by Planderella:
    Cool sunshiny? What the heck is that??? At this time of the year, if the temp falls under 90 degrees, then it's considered a cool front!!!!!

heh. i'm not missin' the south at all right now. Today in Albany: High of 77 and mostly sunny, 0 wind. I love weeks like this. Getting ready to head on out for inspection! wahoo!

Registered
    Aug 2001
    i have a couple of RFPs to resond to over the next week...
    Information necessitating a change of design will be conveyed to the designer after and only after the design is complete. (Often called the 'Now They Tell Us' Law) - Fyfe's First Law of Revision

We don't believe in planners and deciders making the decisions on behalf of Americans. -- George W. Bush , Scranton, PA -- 09/06/2000

maudit anglais
    Registered
    May 1997
    Lots.

Right now I'm revamping the filing system - fun wow. Somebody has to do it though.

Got a ton of development applications in various states - some awaiting revisions, some awaiting filing (see above), some just waiting.

Doing some growth rate forecasting.

Revising some transportation model runs of the waterfront area.

Slowly going insane.

Registered
    Dec 2001
    Originally posted by Glomer

Does anyone have the complete idiots guide to making money on wall street????

If you had bought $1000.00 worth of Nortel stock one year ago, it would now be worth $49.00.

With Enron, you would have $16.50 of the original $1,000.00.

With Worldcom, you would have less than $5.00 left.

If you had bought $1,000.00 worth of Budweiser (the beer, not the stock)one year ago, drank all the beer, then turned in the cans for the deposit,you would have $214.00.

Based on the above, my current investment advice is to drink heavily and recycle!

Registered
    Mar 2002
    Mike you have way too much time on your hands

*pass the beer please*
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin

Remember this motto to live by: "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO- HOO what a ride!'"

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 28
    Last post: 02 Jun 2011, 11:42 AM
  2. Working for the DOT?
    Career Development and Advice
    Replies: 5
    Last post: 14 Feb 2011, 2:35 PM
  3. The PM is not working
    Cyburbia Issues and Help
    Replies: 2
    Last post: 08 Jul 2010, 10:13 PM