Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Urban design impacts?

Registered
    Jul 2002

Urban design impacts?

A bit of background: I'm currently involved in a project to set up national guidelines and training in CPTED. This is a directive from central government and coincides with a number of related activities, like establishing a national urban design protocol, and guidelines in planning and designing for pedestrians, amongst other things. Central government stood back from these things for a while but a change of government has meant re-centralising (is that a word?) this sort of guidance.

I am interested in finding or creating a diagram to show how urban design impacts on a number of different things, including accessibility, injury prevention and community safety, as well as the quality of the urban environment. I would like this so I can show links between our work on crime prevention and other important work on related issues.

If you know of a diagram like this, I'd love to know about it. Alternately, can you help me define the key elements of the urban environment that urban design impacts on?

Hey maybe I can give credit to Cyburbia in the acknowledgements when these guidelines are published!
    Last edited by JNL; 08 Dec 2004 at 8:35 PM.

Registered
    Nov 2004
    I suggest that you use the general theme:

"Traffic Engineers are scum and are destroying the world!"

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 0
    Last post: 04 Jan 2013, 4:14 PM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last post: 18 Nov 2011, 11:30 AM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last post: 13 Mar 2008, 6:05 PM