Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: What is it with Katie Couric?

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Someplace between yesterday and tomorrow.

What is it with Katie Couric?

[political rant]

She is hot, but the more I watch her, the more I hate her. She had Tommy Franks on to talk about his new book. Well they were talking about Donald Rumsfeld and his comments at the town all meeting when ask about armoring vehicles. John Kerry is one of the reasons why they do not have the funding for improved armor. He voted against the bill to provide funds. But Rumsfeld took a much more polite way out, by saying that you fight the war with the army that you have, not the one that you would like to have. He could have slammed the Liberals, but he did not. BUT this Couric B(&^% is so one sided that she can not think strait.

She then asked about a 60 minutes report last night… and Tommy Franks said that without knowing the validity of their source he does not know the true numbers. WHAT ABOUT THE BOOK THAT HE WROTE? THAT IS WHY HE IS THERE…

AHHHHH

[/political rant]

Registered
    Jul 1998
    Quote Originally posted by michaelskis
    [political rant]
    John Kerry is one of the reasons why they do not have the funding for improved armor. He voted against the bill to provide funds.
    [/political rant]

Think that through Mike. There is and has been a Republican majority in the legislature. Don't single out one of them when there must have been republicans that also voted against it.
    “As soon as public service ceases to be the chief business of the citizens, and they would rather serve with their money than with their persons, the State is not far from its fall”
    Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    He could have slammed the Liberals, but he did not. BUT this Couric B(&^% is so one sided that she can not think strait.
    Oh my God ... bias in the media! Who would have thought there would be such a thing?

Seriously, do you think the hotties on the Fox News Channel (and you have to admit, Fox does have the best eye candy, Greta van Sustern being an exception) are promoting a liberal agenda?

Good journalists don't take everything at face value. Television news personalities, following in the tradition of more serious journalists, often act in a "devil's advocate" role, taking the other side and questioning the validity of the interview subject's work, whether it happens to lean right or left. They may give liberals a harder time on Fox, or conservatives more of a challenge on NBC, but typically most get that treatment. When a journalist brownnoses their interview subjects, they lose some credibility.

John Kerry is one of the reasons why they do not have the funding for improved armor. He voted against the bill to provide funds.
    Don't see anyone slamming Cheney for voting against body armor, too. He must also hate our troops ... wait, he's a Republican! He's a true patriot, unlike that communist John Kerry. Cheney could vote to send our troops into battle naked, with painted targets on their backs, and it woldn't matter, because unlike that godless traitor Mary-worshipping Kerry, Cheney is bathed in the true light of our Lord Christ Jesus.

Ever hear of bundling? Bills get weighed down with pork. Sure, there might be funds for body armor in there, but part of the same bill might also include approval of funding for a six-lane expressway between Nome and Barrow.
    Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Quote Originally posted by giff57
    Think that through Mike. There is and has been a Republican majority in the legislature. Don't single out one of them when there must have been republicans that also voted against it.
    Yes, a few did vote against it, but the rejection of the bill spearheading by the minority, and one of the loudest voices came from John Kerry.

As for the media, a good journalist will ask tough questions without showing what side of the case they are on. There are very few of them out there… but Dan Rather and Katie Couric do not hide the fact that they are not only liberal, but very much hate Bush and the Republican Party. I think that if he was there to talk about his book, then he should answer questions about the book, not what Rumsfeld said yesterday.

Registered
    Nov 2002
    Hey I'm just impressed that Katie Couric was talking about politics instead of interviewing Hillary Duff or Scott Peterson's crying relatives.

Registered
    Jul 1998
    Quote Originally posted by Seabishop
    Hey I'm just impressed that Katie Couric was talking about politics instead of interviewing Hillary Duff or Scott Peterson's crying relatives.

That was in the next half hour.

Yes, a few did vote against it, but the rejection of the bill spearheading by the minority, and one of the loudest voices came from John Kerry.
    So it's Kerry's fault the republicans killed the bill?.... WTF?
    “As soon as public service ceases to be the chief business of the citizens, and they would rather serve with their money than with their persons, the State is not far from its fall”
    Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Registered
    Oct 2001
    [political rant]
    John Kerry is one of the reasons why they do not have the funding for improved armor. He voted against the bill to provide funds. But Rumsfeld took a much more polite way out, by saying that you fight the war with the army that you have, not the one that you would like to have....[/political rant]

Sorry Mike, but George W. Bush is the reason the soldiers do not have armored Hummers. The buck stops with the CinC. Hey I'm referencing a Democrat President! I want to be liked by liberals so badly.

This is America baby! If it mattered to us as a nation our boys could be kicking ass from atop kevlar armored flying Transformers just like in the cartoon.

We have the means, just not the will.

I've always hated Katie Couric, from day one. She's an overpaid, talking-head piece of crap.

Remember that woman in South Carolina who drowned her two kids in a car so she could be more attractive to some guy? Susan Smith I think her name was. Well, on Dateline or whatever yellow-journalism show Katie did back then, she interviewed Susan Smith's husband. She asked, right on national TV and broadcast to millions of viewers: So, what do you think of your wife now?

The husband, totally dumbfounded, tried to be as polite as possible and simply answered "I can't answer that question" but everyone knew that was the most unprofessional and inappropriate question one could possibly ask.

From that day one Couric has never disappointed in retaining her tabliod "if it bleeds, it leads" style of reporting. The fact that she gets paid tens of millions to do so makes me utterly sick.
    Last edited by Super Amputee Cat; 09 Dec 2004 at 12:03 PM.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    [political rant]

She is hot...
    She is?! EWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by Super Amputee Cat
    Couric has never disappointed me as retaining her tabliod "if it bleeds, it leads" style of reporting. The fact that she gets paid tens of millions to do so makes me utterly sick.
    In Ms. Couric's defense I'm sure she doesn't pick the stories, her producers do. This, however, does not excuse some of the dumbass questions she asks.
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Quote Originally posted by Wanigas?
    She is?! EWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!
    Yes she is...

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Yes she is...
    I figured you would say that -- you both share the same penchant for Glurge

BUT this Couric B(&^% is so one sided that she can not think strait.
    Thank god.
    I wish news reporters would just come out and say who they are and what they believe.
    "I'm Brit HUme and I'd love to BBQ a democrat -by the way 73% of them are gay......In the news today....

"I'm Katie Couric and I believe republicans are Nazi's that want to boil our children just because it sounds fun.... In the news today......"

I'm a dem/ rep change the channel if you don't like it. That should be the starting line to every broadcast.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Feb 2002
    Lets not confuse the issue: Katie Couric is not a journalist. She is the host of a morning entertainment show.

And she rarely conducts a fair or informed interview.

[QUOTE]She is the host of a morning entertainment show.[/QUOTE

more reason to follow my desires.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by gkmo62u
    Lets not confuse the issue: Katie Couric is not a journalist. She is the host of a morning entertainment show.

And she rarely conducts a fair or informed interview.
    True...

There are differences out there today. We have few reporters out there these days...the journalists are too busy trying to get dirt. Reporters scoop, journalists skew.

Reporters: Inform the public of the FACTS.
    Journalists: Report facts, but skewed in order to illustrate a point of view.
    Hosts: Talking heads with scripts.
    Information necessitating a change of design will be conveyed to the designer after and only after the design is complete. (Often called the 'Now They Tell Us' Law) - Fyfe's First Law of Revision

We don't believe in planners and deciders making the decisions on behalf of Americans. -- George W. Bush , Scranton, PA -- 09/06/2000

Registered
    Aug 2002
    Quote Originally posted by GeogPlanner
    All of 'em will let a press release "write" the article for them. That's not journalism.

Registered
    Sep 2001
    Quote Originally posted by GeogPlanner
    For a good lookl at this check out Tom Wolfe's book "Hooking Up" and eth novella witin it about Fort Bragg. Great story and take on the issue.

Merruh Kerruh Brockenberruh......
    Too lazy to beat myself up for being to lazy to beat myself up for being too lazy to... well you get the point....

Registered
    Jul 2002
    Quote Originally posted by Chet
    I figured you would say that -- you both share the same penchant for Glurge
    Anyone got a pic of this hottie?

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator NHPlanner's avatar
    Registered
    Apr 1996
    Quote Originally posted by JNL
    Hottie is michaelskis' term, certainly not mine....

"Growth is inevitable and desirable, but destruction of community character is not. The question is not whether your part of the world is going to change. The question is how." -- Edward T. McMahon, The Conservation Fund

Registered
    Jul 2002
    Quote Originally posted by NHPlanner
    Hottie is michaelskis' term, certainly not mine....
    Hmmm wonder what she looks like under the makeup

Registered
    Aug 2001
    So I guess she is not the trans-continental diva we dumb Americans assumed!

Registered
    Feb 2003

For the ladies:

Here she is dressed as a boy:

And this pose is the one she likes to call the: "say what... sucka?"

The power of googlebots.

Hmmm wonder what she looks like under the makeup
    Shhh -- shhhh --- shhhuuuuddddddddderrrrrrrrrsssssssss to think. Bad Image. Stop. Must consume adult beverages. [Runs. Screaming.]
    On pitching to Stan Musial:
    "Once he timed your fastball, your infielders were in jeopardy."
    Warren Spahn

Registered
    Feb 2003
    Quote Originally posted by Gedunker
    Shhh -- shhhh --- shhhuuuuddddddddderrrrrrrrrsssssssss to think. Bad Image. Stop. Must consume adult beverages. [Runs. Screaming.]
    Ahh its not that bad.

The Googlebots have searched and this is what they bring us:

which is better that Fox's lady:

ok, with that I am done being stupid today.... although it was fun while it lasted

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 11
    Last post: 13 Jun 2005, 8:35 AM